What is FS 19 Missing the Most????

What is FS 19 Missing the most on all platforms?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Courseplay
16%
Dynamic Ground(3D, mud, Real dirt, etc)
35%
More Implements(doesn't matter the crop, tillage, or brand)
3%
Pickup Option(combine pickup headers)
2%
More Whole Crop Equipment(beets, Potatoes)
12%
More 8 to 12 M wide, less 3 M wide Equipment
6%
More American Stuff
13%
Higher Slot Count
6%
None of Above(list if so in comments)
8%

Total votes: 264

norfolk farmer

Re: What is FS 19 Missing the Most????

Post by norfolk farmer »

gilroy222 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:43 pm Seasons integration needs to be done. Great mod but things like weeds where we can't hire workers is something that should be refined.

Also the fact that seasons takes a long time to come out after release is not ideal

I'd like seasons asap after the next release but as a mod as I doubt it would be half of what it currently is if Giants had been responsible for it.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Dynamic ground: dosen't have to be as real as snow runner, but at least like farmers dynasty...

More implements and equipment not small 3m: I love starting with nothing and working my way up, but w/o modders there just aren't many options for upgrading. And large scale equpiment for high end tractors, nearly none still...

Seasons and better crop managment (something like soil mod for 15 would be awsome, but at least irrigation) has to be in the next base game, or I will not be buying it period...
PC gamer.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

My vote was "none of the above". The reason being is, that there are a variety of factors that contribute. FS19 just doesn't have the same fresh feel as some of the older FS titles. What is missing, you might ask?

Anything that would be considered new and refreshing is missing in FS19, in my opinion. Sure, we got new graphics, and a few big, new brands in the lineup. That's really not a substantial enough improvement in my eyes to warrant a new title. Out of all of the things listed, any different combination of these features could have helped to make a newer, fresher feeling game than what we actually got. Unless the next Farming Simulator title looks much much fresher, and has that "Wow" factor that I had with FS13 when I officially got introduced to the series, I won't be able to personally justify purchasing it. If I had to choose just one new feature I want in the next game, I couldn't just choose one. One new feature is no longer enough for me to buy a whole new game.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'd like to see more for contracts, seasonal or year long contracts, take a contract in the winter/spring, deliver goods in the fall or next winter, would cause you to have to plan so you have enough to fulfill your obligations. maybe it locks in a price for you, but due to random demand maybe you are better off or maybe not

I'd also like to see the ability to allow multiplayer at any point without having to be multiplayer from the start, maybe even a split screen mode so someone could hop on with you to do a job, or work together for a harvest etc. co op mode as you will.

I'd also like to see the current contracts/missions update quicker. I really liked how in FS17 you could at times stand at the field and just keep doing missions on the same field until every thing was done.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I have been saying for some time now. FS needs Dynamic Ground(3D, mud, Real dirt, etc). The game has dang near everything else. More equipment and more features like strap down stuff are not ground breaking any more to me. Its all about the dirt!
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Better terrain management. I'd like to do my "terraforming" with an NMC "Cat D9" rather than a glowing green "brush"...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Things that make the game more as real farmer life.

Maintenance/repair with time lost (IE no instant repair).
Building upgrade (with time consuming)
Equipment breakdown,
Factories!!!To have something to do with crops!
Finance improvment

Sound improvement is really needed, mostly on implements in my opinion.

Ah and the most important...bring a simulator mode to the game, as the name propose.
Last edited by Miketeg on Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Beastbubba wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:07 pm Dynamic ground: dosen't have to be as real as snow runner, but at least like farmers dynasty...

More implements and equipment not small 3m: I love starting with nothing and working my way up, but w/o modders there just aren't many options for upgrading. And large scale equpiment for high end tractors, nearly none still...

Seasons and better crop managment (something like soil mod for 15 would be awsome, but at least irrigation) has to be in the next base game, or I will not be buying it period...
Sounds like Crop Management is coming with an upcoming DLC or add-on. The whole precision farming thing. The first bit of release on it was having different soil types. Which you can only find out by taking soil samples.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Seasons should be on that list. I'd even take it one step farther if I was King of Giants Software. Seasons, with a more dynamic weather system. Currently we have rain and snow, that's about it. I'd also add random chance of a bad storm, tornado or some other potential disaster. Keep the code open enough for modders to make Geos that can change the likilyhood of something happening.

Dynamic ground could be taken a step farther as well and have a more robust physics engine. To the point where you can actually move/clean up random piles of junk and not have them be impenetrable walls. Real damage to vehicles would be sweet too. I found myself just yeeting over the cliff when I first played on Ravenport because it was the fastest way to get back to the main farm from the top without going down the winding path. That should instantly destroy whatever you're in. Even just turning too sharply with a trailed impliment or turning on a headland with a harvester and forgetting to raise the header (there go your snoots). Maybe make that a sliding scale like you can in some racing games so it doesn't get too cumbersome for people who want to play more arcade style like we currently have.

I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how well consoles would be able to handle that stuff. I know PC could, there are lots of games with features like that already. I'd assume you could get it to work on consoles as well with enough time and talented programmers. New game engine. Big drawback though could be something like that would make modding drasticly more difficult if not impossible. (Having to include breakage animations/models etc..)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

1. Basic Seasons in the base game
2. Revised physics
3. Much tighter realism

oops, went one over!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

It would be nice if crop rows lined up with how you planted it. Usually corn isn't planted in a grid...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Farmercaseih wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:12 am It would be nice if crop rows lined up with how you planted it. Usually corn isn't planted in a grid...
👍🏻
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

The sounds are in need of a massive overhaul and update.

We still have the same click sound to attach implements as we did on FS13. You should hear the heavy metal sound as you connect or open and close grain trailers etc.

Then of course the engine sound. The strain and purr of the engines are not really captured at all.

Sound is a massive part of immersion.

I don't understand why they neglect it so.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Ground deformation, something similar to farmers dynasty.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I want my AI workers to be able to operate on any field shape, bit like the auto combine mod we saw back in FS 15 and 17.

Overall FS 19 has been the best version for me, I just want smarter workers with the ability to work on all manner of field shapes. Dynamic ground would be cool, but only if adding twin wheels and weights etc makes a difference in operating on the fields. Although I think the Added Realism For Vehicles mod addresses those concerns, it probably should be built into the game.