What is FS 19 Missing the Most????

What is FS 19 Missing the most on all platforms?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Courseplay
16%
Dynamic Ground(3D, mud, Real dirt, etc)
35%
More Implements(doesn't matter the crop, tillage, or brand)
3%
Pickup Option(combine pickup headers)
2%
More Whole Crop Equipment(beets, Potatoes)
12%
More 8 to 12 M wide, less 3 M wide Equipment
6%
More American Stuff
13%
Higher Slot Count
6%
None of Above(list if so in comments)
8%

Total votes: 264

Drmattymd

Re: What is FS 19 Missing the Most????

Post by Drmattymd »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 am So i already mentioned seasons gps manure system follow me and the dire need for these mods to be in the base game. Giants dont need to make exact copies of this mods but their implementation is crucial for gameplay from where im standing.

This right here. The problem is for every player that wants an ultra real game theres 3 more that couldnt care less, and want it as unrealistic as possible. Basically you have three types of players for this game.

Player one: "I want tractors that will do all my fieldwork at 20 MPH pulling an implement that will cover the map in about 6 passes. And I want combines that will hold the entire field in the tank and trucks that will haul all my crops to market in one shot"

Player two: " I want to play realistically. Wait what do you mean I can only plant crops on certain days? Why does it take so long for my crops to grow? Theres nothing to do in winter"

Player three: "I want to smell the dirt as I'm tilling it and hit my head off the ceiling when I hit a rough spot too hard. I want to worry that the bank is going to come foreclose on my farm and take my console/pc if I dont have a good year"

Giants will never be able to cater to all audiences without one group being unhappy.
Playing on PC and PS4
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:51 am
njuska11 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 am So i already mentioned seasons gps manure system follow me and the dire need for these mods to be in the base game. Giants dont need to make exact copies of this mods but their implementation is crucial for gameplay from where im standing.

This right here. The problem is for every player that wants an ultra real game theres 3 more that couldnt care less, and want it as unrealistic as possible. Basically you have three types of players for this game.

Player one: "I want tractors that will do all my fieldwork at 20 MPH pulling an implement that will cover the map in about 6 passes. And I want combines that will hold the entire field in the tank and trucks that will haul all my crops to market in one shot"

Player two: " I want to play realistically. Wait what do you mean I can only plant crops on certain days? Why does it take so long for my crops to grow? Theres nothing to do in winter"

Player three: "I want to smell the dirt as I'm tilling it and hit my head off the ceiling when I hit a rough spot too hard. I want to worry that the bank is going to come foreclose on my farm and take my console/pc if I dont have a good year"

Giants will never be able to cater to all audiences without one group being unhappy.
I agree with your general premise, but I think there's other types as well:

Four: "I love this brand of machinery so I want to drive their biggest and best for a bit, then I'll go back to PUBG or Cyberpunk"

Five: "Out of my window I can see trees like this, crops like this, machines like this -- why aren't they in the game?"

Six.A: "The most important part of agriculture is the environmental impact, the game should do this more ..!"

Six.B: "The most important part of agriculture is the economics, why don't we have dynamic markets?"

and of course ...
Seven: "There's this other game I play that's got this this really cool feature, GIANTS should put that in this game ..."

And there are probably more.

Of course: eight "This game blows. How do you win? How do you beat the game?"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Game is called a simulator its supposed to simulate farming its only reasonable to expect features that come from a farming in real life. Now i do get it fs series belonges to niche market. And that is the problem if you look at the driving games everybody can find something for them selves. If you like realism play asetto corsa if you like arcade play need for speed if you like something in between play forza. Farming games dont have that kind of option only viable and decent game is farming simulator from giants which mean that they cant satisfy sim fans like they should beacuse they have to cater to other audiences since they are the only company that has managed to grab the niche market of farming games.
rdrygas

Post by rdrygas »

I wish the fields on the map (and minimap) would update their shape, area and stats when created, merged, or expanded.
Robert Drygas
---
Playing on PC
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

rdrygas wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:08 pm I wish the fields on the map (and minimap) would update their shape, area and stats when created, merged, or expanded.

Great idea That has always bug me also Would be nice
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

rdrygas wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:08 pm I wish the fields on the map (and minimap) would update their shape, area and stats when created, merged, or expanded.
yes I'd second that too !
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Also I think Dynamic ground is one of the most overrated features that "fans" want.
Like seriously what do you think farmers do all day just spend it in a muddy hole stuck. Every attempt at dynamic ground almost always makes it so the ground is always wet and soft where in reality almost 99% of the time you are working on hard ground it's only when things get bad that you start to get into a mess.
So to spend soo much time in developing a system that works for dynamic ground just to have it used practically never seems to be a complete waste when there is soo many other features that desperately need that development time such as the animals just for a start. Potatoes is another crop that is embarrassingly basic.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dynamic ground has lot of different interpretations.

Some take it to simply mean a 3D ground rather than the 2D ground we have. Most a ground that can shift naturally through weight or ploughing (which is what C & C does, though not especially well and it takes it a bit far). Or others take it to mean a ground which can be dug or reshaped, with soil as a material which can be dug and loaded.

It's something FS will see at some point, but however it is eventually implemented will need a lot of careful consideration as every player will want it to differing degrees. I for example don't want to spend 30 minutes of my life every time a machine has got stuck in mud as that would get very annoying very quickly, though I would like a terrain which is more alive than the perfectly flat world we have at the moment.

My idea of dynamic terrain is one where the world can be influenced over time. Eg in real life a hedgerow might be slightly raised than the land around it (due to the soil around it being compressed several times a year presumably) however hypothetically in the FS world, if you were to remove something like a hedgerow, you'd be left with a raised platform unless you changed it in the landscape editor. It would be good if continual ploughing or reworking the land with cultivators or heavy machinery every year gradually smoothed off such ridges or anomalies.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

this_is_gav wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:36 pm Dynamic ground has lot of different interpretations.

Some take it to simply mean a 3D ground rather than the 2D ground we have. Most a ground that can shift naturally through weight or ploughing (which is what C & C does, though not especially well and it takes it a bit far). Or others take it to mean a ground which can be dug or reshaped, with soil as a material which can be dug and loaded. ...
That's something that would make a difference Gav. The ploughed, cultivated and sowing textures on pure farming 2018 are pretty good and I still play it every now and then, due to the features it has. Like irrigating fields, servicing equipment components, not the whole machine and being able to have other crops such as grapes, rye, rice, olives and wheat, which are basegame crops. While the graphics and some features are behind FS, it is forward in some areas.

Ploughing textures would make a pretty good difference, and the spraying textures need looking at. When I spray herbicide IRL for example, the spray Rig I use has a foam marker, and it drops blobs of foam around the paddock for me to align the boom to for the next run. You can't physically see where you've been and same goes for fertilizer, I have to multiply the width of the tractor by 6 to get my measurement, which leaves 2.5 Metres per side, with the 1 metre tractor in the middle. Harvested straw needs to be longer in my opinion to. After 3 years of real drought, I actually forgot what harvested straw looked like, and it's cut alot taller than what it is in FS, or that's how it is here anyway.

It's different here compared to say England or North America, so I guess if I factor in real life looks, my perspective would be different.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
mknudsen

Post by mknudsen »

Courseplay for sure!
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:22 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:36 pm Dynamic ground has lot of different interpretations.

Some take it to simply mean a 3D ground rather than the 2D ground we have. Most a ground that can shift naturally through weight or ploughing (which is what C & C does, though not especially well and it takes it a bit far). Or others take it to mean a ground which can be dug or reshaped, with soil as a material which can be dug and loaded. ...
That's something that would make a difference Gav. The ploughed, cultivated and sowing textures on pure farming 2018 are pretty good and I still play it every now and then, due to the features it has. Like irrigating fields, servicing equipment components, not the whole machine and being able to have other crops such as grapes, rye, rice, olives and wheat, which are basegame crops. While the graphics and some features are behind FS, it is forward in some areas.

Ploughing textures would make a pretty good difference, and the spraying textures need looking at. When I spray herbicide IRL for example, the spray Rig I use has a foam marker, and it drops blobs of foam around the paddock for me to align the boom to for the next run. You can't physically see where you've been and same goes for fertilizer, I have to multiply the width of the tractor by 6 to get my measurement, which leaves 2.5 Metres per side, with the 1 metre tractor in the middle. Harvested straw needs to be longer in my opinion to. After 3 years of real drought, I actually forgot what harvested straw looked like, and it's cut alot taller than what it is in FS, or that's how it is here anyway.

It's different here compared to say England or North America, so I guess if I factor in real life looks, my perspective would be different.
You make some very good points. All in all ground / soil needs to feel more alive not just to be a generic 2d surface and we need better stubble plowed cultivated sowed textures maybe 3d textures if not a full dynamic ground
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I think it's performance limited. Dense and realistic stubble would be taxing on a system.

When you think about it FS needs a lot GPU power to show all those individual foliage items. Even top AAA games have foliage popping up or blending at a shorter distance than FS, though obviously in those games it's not usually an important feature.

Hopefully the new consoles shift enough units to persuade GIANTS to ignore the previous generation and they can concentrate on making the next game exclusively for recent systems. If not then FS is going to look absolutely archaic by the time the following game comes along (presuming a 3 year gap then that would be FS25).