For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

FarmerDan72

Re: For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

Post by FarmerDan72 »

TobiHH wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:29 pm You can do that very easy.
Use the open Pasture (there are a few of them on the Modhub) and build any of the available fences around it. I always use the old fence pack, which looks pretty nice.
I tried that, and it still limits the animals to a relatively small area compared to the field. It also gave me issues with floating or half buried cows.
PS4
this_is_gav

Re: For me, this is the one game changing feature that I miss the most in Farming Simulator

Post by this_is_gav »

This is something I've suggested a few times, including directly to GIANTS.

I described it as The Sims like, though instead of decorating a building, you're configuring a field, placing troughs and supporting buildings (shed/stable/wool collection point/etc) where you want them, rather than having a pre-defined fixed layout and size as it is at the moment.

Basically any field could become a pasture depending on set criteria, eg a livestock field must be fully enclosed with hedgerows, fence and walls plus at least one gate with the aforementioned supporting items.

Hedgerows can be planted or ploughed out in game (or extend the forestry aspect of the game) while fences, walls and gates could snap onto one another and extend (rather than placing individual sections a bit at a time) - they must be able to follow (sensible) land contours.

This could be predefined in maps or built by the player in game.
Styxx

Post by Styxx »

I completely understand this, I live on a 600 acre farm, and the fact i can't build fence and build my own ranch in the new FS games just kills it. in FS17 you had bigger areas for cattle than any of the new stuff. the new stuff is a sad pre-fab square with a barn. I wish rockstar would build a red dead style survival game let ya build a ranch and farm it and so on lol.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Alves wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Have you tried this mod?
Fenceless Husbandries
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Styxx wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:29 am I wish rockstar would build a red dead style survival game let ya build a ranch and farm it and so on lol.
Nah, they will create a new game; Grand Theft Cattle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Styxx wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:29 am I completely understand this, I live on a 600 acre farm, and the fact i can't build fence and build my own ranch in the new FS games just kills it. in FS17 you had bigger areas for cattle than any of the new stuff. the new stuff is a sad pre-fab square with a barn. I wish rockstar would build a red dead style survival game let ya build a ranch and farm it and so on lol.
I agree their animal enclosures are silly. I can't understand how they would come to the decision that a small square is what people would enjoy placing on their farms, and then put additional silly limits. It's one of those features where they must have said it's good enough, time to move on.
I also wish a AAA company would give them some competition.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Ahh goood old merican style..cause...merica
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes because English is easy ahead of themselves in the farming world. Get out of here.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.