script idea

Patton_M47

script idea

Post by Patton_M47 »

would it be possible to make a script mod that would replace all the equipment in new farmer mode with mod machines?
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Noraf

Re: script idea

Post by Noraf »

Don't need a script, just an edit to the default items xml file in the map
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Noraf wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:30 pm Don't need a script, just an edit to the default items xml file in the map
i mean what if it picked random mods you have selected to replace the ingame stuff? its not really the same editing a xml cause you know what will be there
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah it is a nice idea. On either platform it isn't hard to sell the equipment and buy what you want and set your money the way you want it. Pc is easier that console, and since this would be a 3rd party script it wouldn't be able to be on console anyways. Yes it would take out the beginning time of setting up your farm.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Sounds like a good idea, but i'm pretty sure you'll end up with some strange startup configs then.
Lets say you're playing on millenium farmers map, and have as a startup a 9rx a fiat 1100d and a deutz torpedo as tractors, and a tc5 series combine with a 45ft draper, and for cultivator you get a 3 meter, and a small seeder aswell. Then you get a hooklift sprayer ( but no hooklift truck or trailer to have it on), you get a wilson B-train for grain, but a flatbed MAN truck, that doesn't have a 5th wheel.....
You also get a modded jd fronloader, but no tractor it fits on etc...

There's absolutly no easy way to make a script that takes random mods, and make that work i'm affraid.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Noraf wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:34 pm Sounds like a good idea, but i'm pretty sure you'll end up with some strange startup configs then.
Lets say you're playing on millenium farmers map, and have as a startup a 9rx a fiat 1100d and a deutz torpedo as tractors, and a tc5 series combine with a 45ft draper, and for cultivator you get a 3 meter, and a small seeder aswell. Then you get a hooklift sprayer ( but no hooklift truck or trailer to have it on), you get a wilson B-train for grain, but a flatbed MAN truck, that doesn't have a 5th wheel.....

There's absolutly no easy way to make a script that takes random mods, and make that work i'm affraid.
I think it all depend on what mods you select for the specific map. I think for a couple maps you do not even select a TC5 combine and 3meter stuff.

For PC players, what might help, but you have to start at Farm Manager, or cheat money if you want to start as new farmer and don't want to build the farm yourself, I have found, IIRC on the Modding Welt website a script which deletes all standard stuff and let you only select the mods you have enabled in the store. Offcourse this is changable and you can select standard stuff you want to keep in the shop.
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

Noraf wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:34 pm Sounds like a good idea, but i'm pretty sure you'll end up with some strange startup configs then.

yeah but what if you didnt select that stuff? and the mod was setup so it would select similar mods? like if you started off with a Fiat 1300dt it would replace it with a selected mod tractor with 130 hp?
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton