So whos getting the new Alpine DLC?

norfolk farmer

Re: So whos getting the new Alpine DLC?

Post by norfolk farmer »

Maybe if Giants asked nicely a modder could show them how to add I.C to vehicles.......
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

Got the DLC and am really happy with it so far, sometimes farming on a small scale and taking things easy is quite nice, particularly when you're tired after work irl and not in the mood to commit to some more serious farming
Achtung Baby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:19 am Has anyone experienced this?
I have, initially it would stutter every few minutes but it seems to have stopped. I've seen in a discussion a while ago that this usually has something to do with loading textures, once they're "processed" it doesn't need to happen again and the frame rate drops occur less frequently or not at all
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Valko_inen wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:39 am Got the DLC and am really happy with it so far, sometimes farming on a small scale and taking things easy is quite nice, particularly when you're tired after work irl and not in the mood to commit to some more serious farming
Achtung Baby wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:19 am Has anyone experienced this?
I have, initially it would stutter every few minutes but it seems to have stopped. I've seen in a discussion a while ago that this usually has something to do with loading textures, once they're "processed" it doesn't need to happen again and the frame rate drops occur less frequently or not at all
Cool, I'll download it and give it a go.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Some work on the main farm..got rid off that big brown hotel farm house :) I think the buildings from Felsburn would be perfect for this map

Fabb

Post by Fabb »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:32 am Maybe if Giants asked nicely a modder could show them how to add I.C to vehicles.......
do you know that Giants made the whole game, and therefore they could do much more than just ICs by themselves, right?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes, he knows that. He is saying they should add it. They require modders to make their vechiles have opening doors, but giants themselves does not put that feature on their models.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
gmoody79

Post by gmoody79 »

I watched first look map tours. The map looks really good just not for me. Also there is nothing in the equipment that screens that I need it. We already have so much grass work equipment that I don't use now. The equipment looks really nice and modeled very well just not my cup of tea.
raran

Post by raran »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:53 am Yes, he knows that. He is saying they should add it. They require modders to make their vechiles have opening doors, but giants themselves does not put that feature on their models.
Then the sourpouces would still find something else to complain about. :lol:
Illinois Farmer

Well ic controls can mess up other mods or cause key binding errors.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:23 pm Well ic controls can mess up other mods or cause key binding errors.
Very true, thats where simple I.C comes in it's the best so far I have found.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah, which would be a nice addition.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

I think Giants should fire their Marketing team and hire new one. They released Alpine dlc for a price of 20 Euro and on the same time they released Premium Edition for 40 Euro (base game + dlcs ) and Season Pass for 30 Euro (all dlcs).
For those of us who bought FS19 directly from Giants, we have to pay 40 Euro to buy the Premium Edition, which means the base game again, because there is no way for us to just buy the Season Pass. We cannot use our digital key on Steam, Giants don't sell the Season Pass on their digital store either.
Is a discrimination and unfair to all of us who preferred to buy FS19 and Plantinum directly from Giants.
Of course, I am not mumbling and I am not crying, I am just pointing out the truth.

One thing is sure : when Giants will release their next FS game I wont buy it and probably I'll move to Cattles And Crops, at least they support Linux while Giants not !!!

If Giants will continue to refuse their digital keys to be activated on Steam, then their next FS game will be a failure. IMO if you want to keep your customers, then you have to treat them right *thumbsup*

Of course, no matter how many of you like or not like what I just wrote here, no matter how many replies I will get, I am not going to continue on this :smileynew:

Happy Farming to everybody !!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Sooo you're going to buy the next game? C and c is already like 6 years late
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I do agree Euro Farmer that Giants not offering a Season Pass Digital Download directly from their website to their customers who have supported them by either buying the boxed retail version of the game or the digital version is just baffling to me, especially when both Steam and Epic are offering Season Pass purchases, though the Steam version is bugged because if you already happen to own the Base Game you can't buy the Season Pass for yourself but only as a Gift to five to someone else. So in all of this it seems all the players who grabbed the game for free on Epic earlier in the year are the real winners because they can now buy the Season Pass for £23.99 and get Alpine DLC plus everything else released so far.

It's even more baffling to me when Giants own Downloads are the only ones that work with every version of the game, wherever you purchased it from. So you'd have thought Giants would have tried to get some of those Steam or Epic customers to come and give their money directly to them by offering a Digital Season Pass on the Giants Webstore.

One thing maybe to consider though is how much of this marketing decision is down to the Publisher and not Giants themselves? This marketing and availability of DLC could be one of the things the Publisher controls and is why Giants are looking to move away from Focus in the future and self-publish so they have control over where they release their content and at what price points.

As someone who plays C and Cs (why does Giants Forum auto correct and change that name to Command and Conquer?) as an occasional break from and alternative to Farming Simulator, I can honestly say if you bought that instead of Farming Simulator or the next game you would be very very disappointed. Giants pretty much lead the market for actual content in their game, whether you buy the dlc or not, you open up Farming Simulator you have a choice of maps and a wide amount of vehicles and equipment in the game of all shapes and sizes on Day 1. C and Cs is very light and disappointing in that department with just one map and only a small handful of equipment after 6 years of Early Access and now also into the Released Version (In fact since moving from EA to Release some content has been removed). I also find the game to be very grindy and actually not that fun to pick up and just play, where you can find yourself spending 3 or 4 hours in a single session just getting one field ploughed or seeded, where as I feel in a similar time spent in Farming Simulator you'd have experienced a few other things and done different jobs or tasks.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

No idea whats going on, I seem to be replying to posts from days ago. Then, when I submit the post there are loads of new ones. Oh well.