So whos getting the new Alpine DLC?

IceUul

Re: So whos getting the new Alpine DLC?

Post by IceUul »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:04 pm Third, no interest in EU maps.
Lucky you it is not EU map, since it is based on Switzerland and this country
is not part of EU. Also to be noticed you can play UK maps now, UK left EU also :chinese:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

He wants big equipment but also wants MF equipment i guess. Though alot of non Europeans are starting to like the map
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

My first impressions, after an hour of play.

The map is not bad, but the city seems deserted, wilderness, very far from the dynamics of advertising video, strange feeling, so quiet, not much traffic. It's good for Halloween! A little bit scary. There should be some zombies in this "twin peaks" village.

80% of map is grass or free land and 20% fields for farming.

I don't like the preset with which the script starts, I don't like that tractors and the fact that I have to have cows in the beginning. Unnecessary bales, insufficient equipment.

Bugs again in 1st day at basic things?
I bought the field number 1 and put there the worker with electric tractor and mower. It is not working the whole field correctly. The texture of the grass is not aligned with the grid.

I looked for the train some time and thought it wasn't, but is there. I still dont know how to get in the train.

Keep exploring the map!

There is a feeling of immensity of this map, but the density is strange. The streets are very small, they are too small. There is not enough space at the shop to turn around a tractor. I'm afraid for later when I want bigger tractors. Although the map looks huge, the streets still seem tiny, not wide enough for a game about farming simulator.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Ah, (Silo) East is on the left side of the map and (Silo) West in the right or middle of the city?! :-)

Yes, the North is up and the South is down on the maps and the sun light and shadows look fine, but... East should be in the right and West in the left. Agriculture needs the sun most of the time. :-)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Noraf wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:43 am Preordered, and getting it just for the ske....
And the ske is a beautiful piece of kit.
Ended up with changing out two older tractors, and got the LINTRAC 130 with a frontloader, and the cc66 aswell. Love the lights on Lintrac. So, for now, I'm up two pieces of equipment more than I thought I'd be using...
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

I still don't have it in my ps store Ontario Canada
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

mirceast19 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:16 pm I looked for the train some time and thought it wasn't, but is there. I still dont know how to get in the train.
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but you can't actually tab into the train. I waited by the entrance in the top left corner of the map, and when the train appeared I hit E (enter vehicle, different for consoles) and got to control the train.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I had no intention of buying it, but after watching a few youtube vids (the pratt daggerwin and the genius MrSealyp) I gave it a go.

I think the map is outstanding, easily up there with the best mod mappers. Lots of detail and lovely new trees!

Also love the new equipment - the electric tractor is excellent but it must have batteries currently unknown to science as they seem to last forever - and no bunnies in sight! (If you're not from the UK, this is a reference to a certain battery maker that used to use electric rabbits playing drums to advertise their product). Yes, I'm old.

If you have twenty quid spare it's well worth a tickle.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Ok so I got it...see I love you GIANTS :)

First impression as far as vanilla GIANTS maps go its probably the best so far. Does have the feeling you are in the Alps. Now the farm seems to me kind of out of space because its right next to the town and looks like a touristy area would be in real life. The machines are super cool and very detailed I love how you can just recharge the electric tractor.

I think this map also have good potentials to be edited by modders. The main farm could use a little more details.

I think its worth the 20 bucks. Besides I put over 5000 hours into FS 19 I think the gameplay value of this game per dollars is well worth it. :)
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:36 am
mirceast19 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:16 pm I looked for the train some time and thought it wasn't, but is there. I still dont know how to get in the train.
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but you can't actually tab into the train. I waited by the entrance in the top left corner of the map, and when the train appeared I hit E (enter vehicle, different for consoles) and got to control the train.
Did you turn ON tab into train in the settings?
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

hun3 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:32 am ... Besides I put over 5000 hours into FS 19 I think the gameplay value of this game per dollars is well worth it. :)
This.
dimi

Post by dimi »

I thought I heard in a video you can only tab to the train if it’s on the map, not when it’s outside the map border (going to felsbrunn😁)
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I don't think I shall be getting it, as Covid-19 put me out of work, so I have more pressing matters to spend my money on. This does not justify the price, as I don't like Giants maps and two of the main things I was looking forward to are now in the game anyway, so I don't think I will be buying this one at all.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

dimi wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:02 am
I thought I heard in a video you can only tab to the train if it’s on the map, not when it’s outside the map border (going to felsbrunn😁)
Oh, that's probably it lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I've read there's some drops in the frame rate, more so when driving through the town... has anyone experienced this?