Alpine DLC initial impressions

eric21

Re: Alpine DLC initial impressions

Post by eric21 »

No offence but they did say many times its designed for cow farming as most farms in the alps are, hence you get some of the best chocolates and cheese in the world!!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Honestly even just watching a couple minutes of a map review video I might need to check it out, giving me major nostalgia from when I used to play world of tanks
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Speaking of nostalgia, I took one look at the mountain ranges and the lake and immediately thought of Lord of the Rings :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Nighteyez wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:11 pm My first impression was I wasted $20.

Snip...
They made it rather clear that this would be dairy heavy.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

My first impression is that I can not get it. It's after 9pm in the eastern time zone here in buffalo ny. The in game modhub does not show it on the DLC page. Going to the ps store through fs19 doesn't show it either. Going into the store directly I can find it shown for free, but clicking on it the screen changes to not available at this time.

Are servers just overloaded?
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

I installed it and went to load it up and couldn't figure out what map it was! :confusednew: :mrgreen: I was expecting it to be called Alpine something, but it isn't, and I ended up scrolling through all my maps to try to find it. I expected it to be at the start of the list with the other Giant's maps, but I didn't see it. It's only because the description matched Ravenport and Felsbrunn that I figured out which map it was! :lol:

Anyway, once my initial confusion was overcome, I started as a New Farmer and went in. I have to say I love the map! The scenery is awesome. I immediately noticed the different grass texture than the usual maps. Now, I didn't really spend a lot of time reading the description for the new DLC, so I was pretty confused when I saw I didn't own any fields, and already had cows. Fortunately, I just started having cows on my Lone Oak map (I usually only did chickens since they are easiest to take care of), so I decided I was ok with starting out as a dairy farm. In fact, I might just go with that for a while. It will be a nice change from the usual routine of all my other maps.

I figured out where the slurry tank is (it's not the same as Lone Oak), but there's no place to sell slurry or manure. Manure isn't a problem, I'll just set up a Hot Pepper 'factory' and use it for that, but I'm guessing I have to buy the Biogass plant to be able to sell the slurry? Since I'm not planning to have fields (at least for a while), I'll need a way to get rid of it.

I haven't spent a lot of time exploring the map yet, I just did general setting up of the farm and ran a few fertilizing contract for some quick easy money, but I think it's a beautiful map. It's open, yet cozy. Really looking forward to making it home for a while. *thumbsup*

Edit: Forgot.... an electric tractor!?!?! How cool is that! That thing is awesome! :lol: *thumbsup*
hun3

Post by hun3 »

A little facelift for the main farm :)

JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

Started on Erlengrat yesterday and I have to say, the map is BEAUTIFUL.
I drove up all the mountain roads in the electric tractor and it feels really different from the other maps.
I didn't realize that it is possible to use Corseplay on the grassfields until I saw you guys mention it. I think I will by one more pedestrian mower
and put them on corseplay up in the mountains.
Really looking forward to using a lot of small equipment wich I normally doesn't use.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Stryder, you can use the slurry to fertilize the grass meadows, to get a better yield from them.

As for me, i bought the dlc thinking the ske would be the only piece i'd be using, and was instantly prooved wrong on that. The litrac is also sutch a nice tractor.
As for the map, still haven't loaded it up yet, currently buissey over @ Hinterkeifack as harvest time approaches :)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

So I did a bit of driving around the map to get a better sense of what it looks like. I can't shake the feeling that whoever made it wasn't so intent on making it as functional as possible, as the other two maps are, but really just wanted to make a scenic experience. So much of the map is just grass and hills. It may be designed more for animal raising, but I still think it was made just as much to be a beautiful experience as functional.

I loved the giant Revell sign as you enter the town. I grew up building Revell models and that was a really nice touch/surprise! *thumbsup*

A funny thing I noticed... if you make the minimap as large as possible and you drive on the roads that border the bottom of the map, as you get close to the southernmost curves, or the end of road that dead ends on the bottom left, your icon disappears off the map. You can still drive a ways before you hit the border, but you don't show up on the map. Nothing functionally wrong, just a weird little glitch maybe. :hmm:

I never noticed it immediately, but the train doesn't do a normal loop around the map. It just goes straight through it. That should make using it interesting (if you can... I didn't try). There's a second train way up on the mountain, a white one, but it only runs across the high bridge you can't get to at the South East corner. Still, it's a nice touch and gives life to the map.

All in all, so far I'm really loving the atmosphere of the new map. I think i'll hang out there for a while. *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Does anyone else notice brightness/contrast issues on the Erlengrat map? More especially while in cab?
Last edited by Ado239 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Great looking and beautiful map! Trees and the grass looks awesome and lots of details. I wish this would have been the default map at the FS19 lauch, but I take it now ;)
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

redglasses wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:29 am Honestly even just watching a couple minutes of a map review video I might need to check it out, giving me major nostalgia from when I used to play world of tanks
Westfield?
Ignorance is bliss
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Finally got time to spend a few hours on this map and I can truly say I love it. Scenery is amazing and it just feels more real than any Giants map I have played.
One issue I have found is that placeables incur a huge extra fee when placing even on perfectly flat land and placing level with ground. Oh and I am running seasons with no Geo.
Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed it when placing govt subsidy to purchase bga
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I've put at least 15-20 hours into this map so far, and I don't know what Giants did differently with this map, but it's amazing. Beats Felsbrunn and Ravenport for sure. It's a lot better looking, but it still carries a lot of functionality within it. Wonderful place to farm in *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!