Alpine DLC initial impressions

Pict

Alpine DLC initial impressions

Post by Pict »

After downloading & installing the Alpine DLC, I figured it would be interesting to put up a few first impressions and hear what others think.

Overall I'm happy with it. The map from what I've seen is good and I look forward to getting into it a bit.

I really like the AEBI tractor and the Linder's for their maneuverability and the Unitrac is a real Swiss army knife.

However, the bare Linder platform could use some ratchet straps, while all the platforms would benefit from a 3rd strap in the middle. And the slurry barrel needs to be Manure Mod hose compatible.

That just after an hour or so of messing around with it and I have yet to see all the toys. What do you make of it so far?
Norway44

Re: Alpine DLC initial impressions

Post by Norway44 »

Hi,
Where did you find the DLC? I dont have Season pass, Only the Platinum edition.( so I have to purchase it for 20,-) I cannot find it either in Modhub, or the PS Store.. Im on Ps4
Guil

Post by Guil »

Norway44 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:53 pm Hi,
Where did you find the DLC? I dont have Season pass, Only the Platinum edition.( so I have to purchase it for 20,-) I cannot find it either in Modhub, or the PS Store.. Im on Ps4
Go to the store and search alpine or go to the fs page and click on addons
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I will get at this thing later today. I’m anxious to see the map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
radar2kde

Post by radar2kde »

First impression: It looks beautiful, great scenary, only took a drive over the whole map so far to have a look at it from all angles.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The map looks amazing (as in scenery) from the videos I've watched of it. I don't think I'll be picking this one up though. Not really my thing. The only thing I really want in the whole DLC is that walk-behind sickle mower for reasons I can't understand. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

So far it's pretty entertaining for me. Start is little bit different(no combine or actual field, but cows and large meadows), but yeah that is focus of the DLC. There is a lot of small details everywhere, which I really like. Also when I first hopped into that electric tractor I thought my sound was off :D It's so quiet compared to diesel ones, I love it.
I really like, that you can hire workers to mow the meadows, dunno if it's new thing in the DLC or not, but pretty it's cool.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

This is the best map (including mod maps) I have ever played on.

Though it makes me wish there was a bicycle mod to just ride around and soak up the scenery. The roads would be perfect for cycling.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:52 pm This is the best map (including mod maps) I have ever played on.

Though it makes me wish there was a bicycle mod to just ride around and soak up the scenery. The roads would be perfect for cycling.
What about the segway? Lol
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think the map draws me in instantly. I played it last night and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The hilly terrain is also an inviting challenge. And if you want to, there's a convenient drive up to the southern tip of the map to get a really good view. Also like the incorporation of selling your grain at "Felsbrunn"
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

What I'm loving about the map so far is that despite the large grass areas and hillsides, Giants have actually put field definitions in these areas, which means workers and mods like Courseplay will happily work and mow the grass and stuff in these areas. I've even got a Courseplay Worker currently using the hand mower on one of the large grass areas, that will definitely keep her busy.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I had no intention of buying this DLC (I'd only previously bought one before) as it seemed to have nothing I was interested in, but after watching a few youtube vids it started to appeal to me.

Several hours later I can say that the map is absolutely stunning (won't say best yet, still early, but it's up there with the very best mod maps), really well made with a lot of detail and I've only just scratched the surface.

Thoroughly enjoying the electric tractor - I never thought I'd say this about a tractor but it's so cute, and doesn't try to kill our world*. Has some seriously long lived batteries in it too.

Nothing game changing but If you have twenty euros spare I can recommend it.

*or does it? Surely more electric vehicles require more power stations...not getting political, this is all beyond a simple man like me!
Norway44

Post by Norway44 »

Guil wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 pm
Norway44 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:53 pm Hi,
Go to the store and search alpine or go to the fs page and click on addons
Thanks mate, I found it, just as you said.. Did a quick Map review on it, and its different.. in a good way I think.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

The map was an instant draw. The addition of an electric tractor is pretty cool, wish it had a bigger model included too.

I did one contract and it required delivery to Felsbrunn Grain which you have to use the train for. That was unexpected and very cool to see the train more integrated into game play. In two years of the game have not used train at all.

There is an issue with farm house. As pointed out (MrSealy map tour) in new farmer it shows farm house as 38 slots and in shop menu 16. Indeed selling the house gave back 38 slots and setting down a new farmhouse (also in farm managerode) it only cost 16 slots.

This will definitely be taking all of my foreseen farming time.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Nighteyez

Post by Nighteyez »

My first impression was I wasted $20.

I didn't know that they force you to be a dairy farmer with no fields to start with and no harvester or seeder. I stopped relying on cows for profit a long time ago. Too much work for so little profit IMHO. Of course, that is the new farmer setting. I could have chosen the one where you have money but no land and bought a field or two. And I would have if I had known the "New Farmer" setting was really a dairy farm setting. Anyway, I have decided to make it work, and so I am now a grass cutting master! LOL Actually on my Felsbrunn map I cut grass all the time and turn it into silage for added income, so I have plenty of experience.

It took me some time to figure out where the hay and straw goes for the cows since I have not dealt with them in a long time. The water was easy. I like the graphics, and the scenery is top notch. I like the tractors you start with especially that little electric one. Looks like a little mouse scurrying around the field LOL The green turbocharged one is cool too, and I like the rear steering wheels on the red one, makes it easier to get around in tight spaces.

There is plenty of room to "build" a field with the included plow so I will do that after I sell all the grain in the silo. One thing I don't like though is the Felsbrunn grain buyer location. Just went there and they want me to dump the grain on the RR tracks. Makes no sense to me. Getting lost in the city was a bummer as well, but I know that after I have played the map some more, I'll get to know where everything is. I would recommend it to anyone who wants new content, but stay away from the "New Farmer" option if you don't want to deal with cows. Or use it and then sell the cows and buildings, tools etc.
Jim

Going through life one crop at a time. :coolnew:
FS-19 PC