Alpine Cows won't sell & work around

CowsGoMoo

Alpine Cows won't sell & work around

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Ran into an interesting problem on Elengrat, I don't know if it is a game bug or it is intentional. Went to sell the brown and white cows (and replace with the black and whites) but they wouldn't sell at animal dealer. Tried with in game Joskin trailer and LT20-Tri axle mod. I was able to sell cows that were bought at animal dealer from the trailer, and when I went back to farm was able to sell the brown cows through the animal dialogue menu at cow shed. Did not see if I could buy cows at the cow shed and sell at animal dealer.

As said I don't know if this is a game bug or a new game mechanic from giants, I did find a work around and it only appears to affect cows you start off with. Wanted to give everyone a heads up and maybe we can find out if it is a game bug so it can be reported.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
BoxTunnel

Re: Alpine Cows won't sell & work around

Post by BoxTunnel »

Haven't tried selling cows yet, I've only been buying, but this is a little worrying as I'm setting the map up for a Season's game and was going to sell the cows just before switching seasons on.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Why post it here? If you genuinely feel it is a bug then file a report.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Thanks for posting it here. I was getting interested in the DLC since you start with cows. But if you have trouble selling them, then I'll continue to wait. Good luck filing a bug report into the abyss.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If it is a bug then it's definitely not going to get fixed if people don't report it properly.

I suppose it doesn't help that GIANTS don't know how they want bugs reported themselves though. One very fixed system for the Kverneland/Vicon DLC, which wasn't a great idea, and another system for previous bugs (using the template I linked to). Who knows how they want Alpine DLC bugs reported.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:25 am Why post it here? If you genuinely feel it is a bug then file a report.
Because I don't know if it's a bug. I know it's hard to actually report a bug and reporting something I think is a game bug and it isn't won't help anything. Not like it's game breaking anyways, a minor annoyance that most players probably wouldn't even know if someone didn't make a forum post about it.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
Guil

Post by Guil »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:23 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:25 am Why post it here? If you genuinely feel it is a bug then file a report.
Because I don't know if it's a bug. I know it's hard to actually report a bug and reporting something I think is a game bug and it isn't won't help anything. Not like it's game breaking anyways, a minor annoyance that most players probably wouldn't even know if someone didn't make a forum post about it.
Well if it is a bug, great you reported it and hopefully it will be reproduced and fixed. If not, no harm done.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Just done same thing not 1 hour ago. Sold brown cows back to dealer with no problem and then bought the black and white one's, fired up seasons and it's working fine.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Why get arsey? Bloke is just asking a question.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Laughinggravy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:43 pm Just done same thing not 1 hour ago. Sold brown cows back to dealer with no problem and then bought the black and white one's, fired up seasons and it's working fine.
Hmm :hmm: will have to try again to see if I can reproduce anomalously. I just got done playing for 3 hours more than 2 of it flipping between hired help and manual control plowing the grass area behind the farm. So far the dlc has got me playing 19 again, knocking out contracts just doing everything.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Selling all the cows was the first thing I did when I started. I hate having livestock before I have all the implements to do it properly.
Guil

Post by Guil »

BoxTunnel wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:30 pm
How is that arsey? If you think something you come across is broke then you should report it. It isn't hard to make a bug report and no one will shout at you for doing it or anything.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:07 am Selling all the cows was the first thing I did when I started. I hate having livestock before I have all the implements to do it properly.
You start with mower, tedder, windrower, baler, loading wagon, front loader, bucket, bale spikes, 2 tankers, a bunker, grass land, straw bales and hay bales. Only thing missing is a straw blower and only because giants made the straw trigger so you have too. I sold the joskin tanker since the milk one can also hold water and that gave me enough money to but the warzee straw blower amd fendt 3300 weight.
The grass above the farm gave me over 125000 liters of silage, I still haven't finished the hay bales yet.
I only sold the brown cows because I remember the videos every youtuber did showing it's best to have one animal type per pen.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Guil wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:11 pm
How is that arsey? If you think something you come across is broke then you should report it. It isn't hard to make a bug report and no one will shout at you for doing it or anything.
Short, impolite and subtle implication that the bloke is doing something wrong. Much like your response.

This_is_gav could have written something like "Hey friend, we have a thread in the forum for possible bugs, here's a helpful link."

You could have just not got involved.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

BoxTunnel wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:48 pm
Guil wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Short, impolite and subtle implication that the bloke is doing something wrong. Much like your response.

This_is_gav could have written something like "Hey friend, we have a thread in the forum for possible bugs, here's a helpful link."

You could have just not got involved.
You can drop it now anytime, no one cares and you keep dragging it out. This thread doesn't need to be turned into another stuff show.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5