buy used equipment mod

Rico1978

buy used equipment mod

Post by Rico1978 »

this new buy used equipment mod is totally broke, once you use it on server your donw, you cant deactivate it, doesnt work just a totally useless broke mod that only ruins the save and no way to get rid of it, is it realy that hard for a multimilion company to have somebodxy that does their job? so many broken mods / maps that come out on giants modhub is crazy
blue_painted

Re: buy used equipment mod

Post by blue_painted »

Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
raran

Post by raran »

No it's not broken. Before you remove ANY mod you have to sell all related items to that mod before removing it.

Now go apologize in WEEZL thread plz.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

raran wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:11 pm Before you remove ANY mod you have to sell all related items to that mod before removing it.

That's not an accurate statement at all
Playing on PC and PS4
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Rico1978 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 am this new buy used equipment mod is totally broke, once you use it on server your donw, you cant deactivate it, doesnt work just a totally useless broke mod that only ruins the save and no way to get rid of it, is it realy that hard for a multimilion company to have somebodxy that does their job? so many broken mods / maps that come out on giants modhub is crazy
I dont think you realize how small of a company they are. And the mods are made by other players. Even giant developers like Rockstar end up with glitches in games. There is testing for everything, giants or another dev, which is limited to a small amount of people. You release something and suddenly thousands of people are using it and you find more bugs and glitches. I'm fairly certain there isn't a single successful game (or mod for a game) that is just a 1.0 version. Things always get updated as new bugs and glitches are found.

Take a chill pill broski
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 pm
Rico1978 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:04 am this new buy used equipment mod is totally broke, once you use it on server your donw, you cant deactivate it, doesnt work just a totally useless broke mod that only ruins the save and no way to get rid of it, is it realy that hard for a multimilion company to have somebodxy that does their job? so many broken mods / maps that come out on giants modhub is crazy
I dont think you realize how small of a company they are. And the mods are made by other players. Even giant developers like Rockstar end up with glitches in games. There is testing for everything, giants or another dev, which is limited to a small amount of people. You release something and suddenly thousands of people are using it and you find more bugs and glitches. I'm fairly certain there isn't a single successful game (or mod for a game) that is just a 1.0 version. Things always get updated as new bugs and glitches are found.

Take a chill pill broski
:hi:

Yeah I think Giants do their best to keep up with the demands from both players and modders. To develop software (which mods are) for multiple languages, platforms, hardware etc is no easy feat. On top of that, we modders spend A LOT of our spare time to develop and release mods which the community can download for free. This is something I really love with games like FS.

However it's a give and take situation. A modder doesn't have a full employed test team to throw at every new mod or mod version. This is where I think we, as a community which can download loads of mods of professional quality for free, need to do our part: help with testing, having patience and give modders as much support as possible. Also, even for a large enterprise it is impossible to develop perfect and bug free software, especially when there is a large number of combinations (think how many possible combinations there is with mods that might affect one another).

I do understand the frustration when you have downloaded an anticipated mod and it doesn't work, either because it has a bug or because it's incompatible with another mod. However before going down the route to share non-constructive critique, you could ask yourself these questions:
- Would I have spent hundreds of hours of my spare time to create this mod?
- Have I paid any money for this mod (or for support in any other way)?
- Can I do it better myself?

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words, for all patience with the rough edges on my latest mod and hugs to all of you that helped with testing my bugfixes along the way. Peace! <3
Check out my mods: Stockman | TidyShop | Pallet Price Balancer | Buy Used Equipment

Want to report a bug or have a suggestion to any of my mods? Check out my official Farming Simulator project website. Or support me on my fan pages Facebook or Patreon .
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

w33zl wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:51 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 pm

Take a chill pill broski
:hi:

Yeah I think Giants do their best to keep up with the demands from both players and modders. To develop software (which mods are) for multiple languages, platforms, hardware etc is no easy feat. On top of that, we modders spend A LOT of our spare time to develop and release mods which the community can download for free. This is something I really love with games like FS.

However it's a give and take situation. A modder doesn't have a full employed test team to throw at every new mod or mod version. This is where I think we, as a community which can download loads of mods of professional quality for free, need to do our part: help with testing, having patience and give modders as much support as possible. Also, even for a large enterprise it is impossible to develop perfect and bug free software, especially when there is a large number of combinations (think how many possible combinations there is with mods that might affect one another).

I do understand the frustration when you have downloaded an anticipated mod and it doesn't work, either because it has a bug or because it's incompatible with another mod. However before going down the route to share non-constructive critique, you could ask yourself these questions:
- Would I have spent hundreds of hours of my spare time to create this mod?
- Have I paid any money for this mod (or for support in any other way)?
- Can I do it better myself?

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words, for all patience with the rough edges on my latest mod and hugs to all of you that helped with testing my bugfixes along the way. Peace! <3
WELL SAID
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I removed this mod as well because I had other issues and removed a number of newly added mod. To get my game going again I had to remove the many lines in vehicles.xml with this text:
<boughtConfiguration name="vehicleBuyCondition" id="1"/>

In notepad++ I could remove all these lines in one step. So, it is not hard to rescue the save game.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

kahfs wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:33 am I removed this mod as well because I had other issues and removed a number of newly added mod. To get my game going again I had to remove the many lines in vehicles.xml with this text:
<boughtConfiguration name="vehicleBuyCondition" id="1"/>

In notepad++ I could remove all these lines in one step. So, it is not hard to rescue the save game.
Great! And if anyone still have problems I will do my best to sort things out.
Check out my mods: Stockman | TidyShop | Pallet Price Balancer | Buy Used Equipment

Want to report a bug or have a suggestion to any of my mods? Check out my official Farming Simulator project website. Or support me on my fan pages Facebook or Patreon .
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

w33zl, ty for the great mod.
can you explain us, if we decide to stop using this mod, what is the best way to remove it?
should we first sell all used equipments we bought, then disable mod?
what would happen if we just disable mod without selling all used equipments, do we need then to edit vehicles.xml file?
will this be fixed in any of future updates so we can freely disable mod without messing with xml file ?
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

bojanh66 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:40 pm w33zl, ty for the great mod.
can you explain us, if we decide to stop using this mod, what is the best way to remove it?
should we first sell all used equipments we bought, then disable mod?
what would happen if we just disable mod without selling all used equipments, do we need then to edit vehicles.xml file?
will this be fixed in any of future updates so we can freely disable mod without messing with xml file ?
Hi bojan66,

Glad you like it! :)

I have fixed the issue with not being able to disable the mod in the latest version 1.0.3. Head over to the project website for more details and download link. If you rather wait for the official version on ModHub you can always have a look at this issue where you have information how to manually reset some values to prevent the game from failing on load (however, the easiest is of course to use the latest update :) ).

w33zl

Post by w33zl »

Some additional info on top of the post above. The latest update (v1.0.3) will fix most major issues with the mod:
- Hand tools: OK
- Multiplayer: OK
- Fuel & repair status: OK
- Disable mod: OK

As it might take some time before Giants is able to publish the update to ModHub you can get the latest information and download link from my official project page.

bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

thnx for the quick update and response.
i will continue to use this mod, its great addition to the game.
w33zl

Post by w33zl »

bojanh66 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am thnx for the quick update and response.
Thanks! :hi: And sorry for any inconvenience my bugs might have caused! :blushnew:

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

w33zl wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:14 pm
bojanh66 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am thnx for the quick update and response.
Thanks! :hi: And sorry for any inconvenience my bugs might have caused! :blushnew:
Compared to the inconvenience of not being able to buy second hand equipment? :)

Thanks again for the mod.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads