Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Michael5941

Re: Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Post by Michael5941 »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:27 pm
Michael5941 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:39 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:00 pm

Actually it was designed for pc only, it just happens to also work on ps4
Curious why they never intended for it to work on consoles as it would have definitely increased sales more (speaking for xbox in this case since it doesn't work there) curious if they will make them officially Playstation & Xbox compatible for FS21 now that they know it can work at least on a ps4/5
Probably has to do with the fact that it would take different versions. For example, you can get a wheel for xbox or playstation but not a wheel that works for both, at least not to my knowledge. Im guessing sony and microsoft dont play well together.
Ah that actually makes sense since the software is different for the 2 console funny you would think the xbox would be more compatible since Microsoft is mostly a pc company and the side panel was both intended and designed for pc use only. I've always had a preconception that an xbox was closer to a pc than a playstation due to Microsoft owning the xbox brand. Really wish I knew more about electronics and programming.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Nick-Farm

Post by Nick-Farm »

Hello,

My son used the Logitek Saitek wheel, side Panel an pedal with the PlayStation 4. It always worked without any problems. Now he got the PlayStation 5 an only the side panel works. The Wheel and the pedal works for a minute or two then it stops. Only putting the usb out an in makes it working again. We already bought a usb to usb-c adapter to put it into the front but it is still the same problem. Do you have any idea what we can do to get it to work?
Thanks a lot and many greetings from germany

Nina and Nick
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Nick-Farm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:57 pm Hello,

My son used the Logitek Saitek wheel, side Panel an pedal with the PlayStation 4. It always worked without any problems. Now he got the PlayStation 5 an only the side panel works. The Wheel and the pedal works for a minute or two then it stops. Only putting the usb out an in makes it working again. We already bought a usb to usb-c adapter to put it into the front but it is still the same problem. Do you have any idea what we can do to get it to work?
Thanks a lot and many greetings from germany

Nina and Nick
I'm not sure, I have the Logitech version which is "technically" newer than the Saitek version. I'm using on the USB-A port front of PS5, not the USB-C port, if that matters.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Michael5941 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:47 pm the side panel was both intended and designed for pc use only.
XBOX was actually very late to supporting KB and mouse in the XBOne/PS4 generation, where PS4 had USB (and Bluetooth) KB and Mouse support from day 1. Like I said earlier, yes, the Side Panel wasn't INTENDED when originally released by Saitek to work on PS4, it just DID. And it just kept working even when Logitech bought out Saitek and "refined" it.
Nick-Farm

Post by Nick-Farm »

Hi! Thanks for your answer. Which one excaktly do you have? In case we need to buy a new one it would be great to know.
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

Would be great to have the keyboard enabled for the next game and since there's a market for the side panel and wheel/pedals they can invest in making them work for all platforms. In the end we would be able to have more button configs and anyone could use the side panel and wheel if they choose to. It's win all around. 👍👍 I mean giants would have to invest some money when it comes to making the side panel work on Xbox but it's well worth it for them. I'm sure they would make it back rather quickly.... quadruple it rather quickly as well. 🤔 just my opinion though 🤷 maybe good or it may *censored*! It would be nice if someone that makes these decisions comes across this thread. 🤞🤞🤞🤣🤣
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Nick-Farm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:12 am Hi! Thanks for your answer. Which one excaktly do you have? In case we need to buy a new one it would be great to know.
Which USB hub? Um, it's some cheap-o "GE" branded 4-port USB 2.0 hub I've had for like 15-20 years. I have my wheel/panel semi-permanent mounted on a portable wooden "TV Tray" type table I can move back and forth between my PC and my PS5's easily, with the hub strapped to one of the legs so I only need 1 USB connection regardless where I use it.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

PS4farmhand wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:20 pm Would be great to have the keyboard enabled for the next game ...
I agree, it would be very nice indeed if "out of the box" the next FS on consoles would support keyboard and mouse. I mean, FS on PC supports console controllers, so seems only fair. ;)
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

PS4farmhand wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:20 pm Would be great to have the keyboard enabled for the next game and since there's a market for the side panel and wheel/pedals they can invest in making them work for all platforms. In the end we would be able to have more button configs and anyone could use the side panel and wheel if they choose to.
I agree with this also. I actually bought the side panel a couple years ago when I almost got a pc and it's been sitting in my closet ever since, once I figured out it doesn't work with xbox either. The side panel could also work with games other than Farming Simulator like Construction Simulator. Maybe, eventually, it will happen. :biggrin2:
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
Nick-Farm

Post by Nick-Farm »

burnsdg wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm
Nick-Farm wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:12 am Hi! Thanks for your answer. Which one excaktly do you have? In case we need to buy a new one it would be great to know.
Which USB hub? Um, it's some cheap-o "GE" branded 4-port USB 2.0 hub I've had for like 15-20 years. I have my wheel/panel semi-permanent mounted on a portable wooden "TV Tray" type table I can move back and forth between my PC and my PS5's easily, with the hub strapped to one of the legs so I only need 1 USB connection regardless where I use it.
The solution is the usb hub! 😊
When we put all into a hub and then into the PS5 it works all!!! Thanks a lot for your support!!!
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Nick-Farm wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:21 pm
The solution is the usb hub! 😊
When we put all into a hub and then into the PS5 it works all!!! Thanks a lot for your support!!!
Congrats, and happy wheeling!
TH88

Post by TH88 »

burnsdg wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:21 pm Hey folks, I purchased the Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle a while ago and have been using it successfully with my PS4Pro. Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that the wheel, pedals, and side panel DO work 100% on the PS5 in FS19. I have my wheel and panel mounted to a small wooden TV Tray that's easy to pull out and setup when I'm farming. I mounted a 2-port USB hub to the leg of the tray and have both the wheel/pedals and the side panel connected to that, then only a single cable is needed to run across my floor to plug in to the single USB-A port on the front of the PS5, and it's all working flawlessly.

Here's a pic of it in action: Image
Those of you wondering about the button mappings on Playstation: Image

Happy to answer any questions.

Hi there. Did you do something special? I got my PS5 Last week. Yesterday I tried the Side Panel and found out it doesn‘t work
Rosscoca97

Post by Rosscoca97 »

Hi, have just purchased one of these for my ps5 and cannot get it to work, it registers it’s there as it says the numbers in the help menu but the side panel it’s self won’t operate anything, is this because it’s plugged into the back of the ps5? Or have I missed a settings change? Thanks
BigASRT8

Post by BigASRT8 »

Hey there. Im glad to see that you got everything working on your ps5. That was my biggest concern. Also im glad you posted the mapping aswell because youtubers will video their mapping and showing it in game but wont show a sheet of paper of the mapping. Now my only question is where will i go to do the button set up to activate the button layout?
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

There is nothing to setup and you can't change the mapping. It just is what it is, and just works.