Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Paudietn

Re: Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Post by Paudietn »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the advice, first.
I have all working on fs19 on the PS5 using the usb hub. Like advised here.
But when I try fs22 (PS4 version) on the PS5, only a small few of the buttons work on the side panel. ie, hazards lights work but not indicators.
I'm using a 2.0 usb hub, does that make a difference?
Paudietn

Post by Paudietn »

Hello All,
Just to add to the conversation and research I have done.
Both individual parts will work on their own but not together.
I can get the side panel to work with a logitech g29 on fs22 on both PS4 and PS5.
I thought i could pick up a cheap steering wheel to work with fs22.
I have tried Hori Apex Steering wheel but does not work at all.
Maybe someone here can find out more with this information.
FarmerThomas

Post by FarmerThomas »

Hi!

Thanks for the post, great with the button map. One question: What does the "crane grab" button do?

Regards FarmerThomas
Paddyballa

Post by Paddyballa »

I can't get it to work on ps5,side panel did work for a couple of minutes but know nothing,that's was on ps4 version of fs19
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Paddyballa wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:07 am I can't get it to work on ps5,side panel did work for a couple of minutes but know nothing,that's was on ps4 version of fs19
It doesn't work on the ps5 for fs22. That setup has never been marketed or sold as a PS supported peripheral, it just happened to work for the fs19 version. Supposedly Sony removed the support from the SDK that made it possible
Playing on PC and PS4
Paddyballa

Post by Paddyballa »

I ended up buying fs19 playstation 4 version and using it on the ps5,till no joy with it,as I said it worked for a couple of minutes ,just the side panel did and then stopped working
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Paddyballa wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:32 am I ended up buying fs19 playstation 4 version and using it on the ps5,till no joy with it,as I said it worked for a couple of minutes ,just the side panel did and then stopped working
The sidepanel "accidentally" worked on ps4 fs19. So won't work on ps5 as the sidepanel is officially a PC accessory.
silveradoman298

Post by silveradoman298 »

Hazard Lights....

It confuses me that the Logitech side panel has keybindings for the Hazards yet we cannot get this on controller. Has anyone figured that out yet or received an official response from Giants?
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
stuartp95

Post by stuartp95 »

burnsdg wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm Yes, the wheel/pedals that comes with Heavy Equipment Bundle works with both PS4 and PS5.
I can’t get the newly bought bundle to work on either PS4 or PS5 (tried 2 different PS5 Consoles). The bundle bought 3 years ago used to work on PS4, but the new one doesn’t seem to connect at all. As for it not working on fs22 I’ve seen YT vids of it working.

Any help on why neither the wheel or the side panel are working on any PlayStation consoles would be great!
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

stuartp95 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:46 pm
burnsdg wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm Yes, the wheel/pedals that comes with Heavy Equipment Bundle works with both PS4 and PS5.
I can’t get the newly bought bundle to work on either PS4 or PS5 (tried 2 different PS5 Consoles). The bundle bought 3 years ago used to work on PS4, but the new one doesn’t seem to connect at all. As for it not working on fs22 I’ve seen YT vids of it working.

Any help on why neither the wheel or the side panel are working on any PlayStation consoles would be great!
That controller is not sold as a PS controller, period. It is a PC controller that happened to work on PS4. According to Giants, Sony removed the USB support from the new SDK that made this possible so now it doesn't work for the PS5 version
Playing on PC and PS4
chh997

Post by chh997 »

Hi!

So, I knew that this bundle is build for PC, but after searching info from different sites I decided to buy Logitech version and try it on my ps4 pro even tho I knew it may not work correctly if at all.

I bought the bundle couple of days ago and results are as follows:

FS22 on PS4 PRO: With USB HUB 2.0 only one set will work at the time. So, if you are using side panel, you are not able to use steering wheel and pedals at the same time.
If you are using steering wheel and pedals, only few buttons on side panel is working.

FS19 on PS4 PRO: With USB HUB 2.0 everything works as they should. You are able to use both at the same time without problems. Every button and joystick works.

I guess I'll have to start playing FS19 again until I'm able to get PC. This bundle is a game changer for me so I don't feel like I want to go back to controller gaming. 😂
JosephsFarm

Post by JosephsFarm »

Hi all

My son has the Logitech heavy equipment bundle for PS4, he’s using it with Farming Simulator 22 but very few buttons seem to work.
Do I need to configure them? Or am I doing something wrong? I simply plugged and played.
Help!
Bakejac1

Post by Bakejac1 »

Lingruid_2612 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:28 pm The side panel only works on the ps4 version of FS22 on the ps5. It don't works on the ps5 Version of the game. I use the same constellation of wheel wirh side panel.
The side panel It doesn't work with my fs22 on ps4 version on my ps5 or even on my ps4 console which is wired u would think it would.. cuz I hear form a few ppl it works for ps4 version on ps5 & am I doing something wrong for ps4 version of fs22 or even my ps4 console!!
Bocephus80

Post by Bocephus80 »

I’m using the logitech G wheel and pedals with side panel and all works perfectly. PS4pro/FS22. Although I did notice since last update that the red button on the joystick no longer switches between forwards and reverse. Also, before last update you were able to use the joystick to shift gears when the blue light was on.
PS4Pro
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

If Hori won't ask Sony for permission to pair it and won't pay Sony they will block it/won't support it.
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi: