Logitech Side Panel with PS5

burnsdg

Re: Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Post by burnsdg »

Rosscoca97 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:33 pm Hi, have just purchased one of these for my ps5 and cannot get it to work, it registers it’s there as it says the numbers in the help menu but the side panel it’s self won’t operate anything, is this because it’s plugged into the back of the ps5? Or have I missed a settings change? Thanks
Mine is plugged in and fully functional as stated, via a USB hub connected to the front USB-A port. I have not tried the rear ports.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

TH88 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:46 am
Hi there. Did you do something special? I got my PS5 Last week. Yesterday I tried the Side Panel and found out it doesn‘t work
Apologies I missed your question. I use a USB 2.0 hub for the two cables, into the front of PS5. Same cabling setup also works on my PS4Pro and my Windows PC.
Others in this thread have also reported using a hub made theirs work too.
mani221819

Re: Panel lateral Logitech con PS5

Post by mani221819 »

Buenas,funcionaria este panel para el fs22 en ps5
burnsdg

Re: Panel lateral Logitech con PS5

Post by burnsdg »

mani221819 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:47 pm Buenas,funcionaria este panel para el fs22 en ps5
We won't know until FS22 is released.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

I am sad to bring the news that SO FAR, as seen on MrSealyP early access videos from PS5 as of two days before launch, the Heavy Equipment Bundle wheel and pedals, as well as the Side Panel, DO NOT WORK in Farm Sim 22.

If you are a Side Panel owner that's been enjoying being able to use it on PS4 and PS5 in FS19, please reach out to Giants with your requests that it be supported in FS22. Probably the best way is via their twitter's, which will likely be seen by more people than here on the forums, those are @giantssoftware, @askgiants, and @farmingsim.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

burnsdg wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:19 pm I am sad to bring the news that SO FAR, as seen on MrSealyP early access videos from PS5 as of two days before launch, the Heavy Equipment Bundle wheel and pedals, as well as the Side Panel, DO NOT WORK in Farm Sim 22.

If you are a Side Panel owner that's been enjoying being able to use it on PS4 and PS5 in FS19, please reach out to Giants with your requests that it be supported in FS22. Probably the best way is via their twitter's, which will likely be seen by more people than here on the forums, those are @giantssoftware, @askgiants, and @farmingsim.
Giants have already commented on this. Sony no longer supports it and giants has reached out to Sony but no response yet.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

burnsdg wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:19 pm I am sad to bring the news that SO FAR, as seen on MrSealyP early access videos from PS5 as of two days before launch, the Heavy Equipment Bundle wheel and pedals, as well as the Side Panel, DO NOT WORK in Farm Sim 22.

As you can see in the following post this is not GIANTS fault, but you will actually need to reach out to Sony: viewtopic.php?f=963&t=181410&p=1422981#p1422981
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

don_apple wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:26 pm

As you can see in the following post this is not GIANTS fault, but you will actually need to reach out to Sony: viewtopic.php?f=963&t=181410&p=1422981#p1422981
What specifically should we ask when we reach out to Sony?
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

This makes NO SENSE. I do not believe we are getting the full story.

If what Stego claims is actually true, that would either mean a) the Side Panel would be non-functional across the board (and this is 100% NOT the case, I am in FS19 right now on PS5 and my Heavy Equipment Bundle Wheel/Pedals/SidePanel are 100% operational) or b) he is speaking to only native PS5 games.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

burnsdg wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:22 pm This makes NO SENSE. I do not believe we are getting the full story.

If what Stego claims is actually true, that would either mean a) the Side Panel would be non-functional across the board (and this is 100% NOT the case, I am in FS19 right now on PS5 and my Heavy Equipment Bundle Wheel/Pedals/SidePanel are 100% operational) or b) he is speaking to only native PS5 games.
Seeing as how that setup was never intended to work on PS anyway it makes perfect sense. It means that whatever support they already added in for existing games isnt being added for new games.
Playing on PC and PS4
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:06 am
Seeing as how that setup was never intended to work on PS anyway it makes perfect sense. It means that whatever support they already added in for existing games isnt being added for new games.
Maybe. And I agree it was probably "by accident" it ever worked on PS4, I remember when it was discovered and MrSealyP said in video his Giants contact had no idea it worked.

Thing is, Stegei said "Unfortunately Sony removed the USB support from their PlayStation SDKs". If that is actually true, that means NO USB device can work with ANY game on PS5. I do not believe that for one minute.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

burnsdg wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:43 pm Thing is, Stegei said "Unfortunately Sony removed the USB support from their PlayStation SDKs". If that is actually true, that means NO USB device can work with ANY game on PS5. I do not believe that for one minute.
No, it means only Sony themselves can add support, and a few users of FS trying to use the side panel aren't like to change that.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

burnsdg wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:43 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:06 am
Maybe. And I agree it was probably "by accident" it ever worked on PS4, I remember when it was discovered and MrSealyP said in video his Giants contact had no idea it worked.

Thing is, Stegei said "Unfortunately Sony removed the USB support from their PlayStation SDKs". If that is actually true, that means NO USB device can work with ANY game on PS5. I do not believe that for one minute.
SDK is software development kit. If they removed that it would apply to any new software, not software that usb support was already added
Playing on PC and PS4
epsilonion

Post by epsilonion »

You can change the bindings on fs22 on pc, I added twist to the free view to zoom in and out when in 3rd person view
barrington24

Post by barrington24 »

However, i think it doesn't work on fs22 because sony blocked the port
Winter is coming #Seasons mod :biggrin2: :coolnew: :geeknew: :ugeek: :geek: