Logitech Side Panel with PS5

burnsdg

Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Post by burnsdg »

Hey folks, I purchased the Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle a while ago and have been using it successfully with my PS4Pro. Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that the wheel, pedals, and side panel DO work 100% on the PS5 in FS19. I have my wheel and panel mounted to a small wooden TV Tray that's easy to pull out and setup when I'm farming. I mounted a 2-port USB hub to the leg of the tray and have both the wheel/pedals and the side panel connected to that, then only a single cable is needed to run across my floor to plug in to the single USB-A port on the front of the PS5, and it's all working flawlessly.

Here's a pic of it in action: Image
Those of you wondering about the button mappings on Playstation: Image

Happy to answer any questions.
Dixie Farmer

Re: Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Where is the beer holder?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:14 pm Where is the beer holder?
The most important feature
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

That button mapping thing is sick. I wish I could find something like that for PC........
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:21 pm That button mapping thing is sick. I wish I could find something like that for PC........
They're out there, I based mine for PS on one I found online for PC. I have FS19 on my PC but I've not used the Panel with it as I rarely ever play it on PC, but my understanding is all the button mappings can be customized, where on PS they can't. Here's my "blank" from before I filled in the functions, if it helps.

burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:14 pm Where is the beer holder?
It's off camera on the left side. ;)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Well that doesn't make me want a side panel at all.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

burnsdg wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm
NotoriousWeber wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:21 pm That button mapping thing is sick. I wish I could find something like that for PC........
They're out there, I based mine for PS on one I found online for PC. I have FS19 on my PC but I've not used the Panel with it as I rarely ever play it on PC, but my understanding is all the button mappings can be customized, where on PS they can't. Here's my "blank" from before I filled in the functions, if it helps.
Okay 2 things, how come you can't change the keybindings? That just seems odd, I also have the side panel, and with those standard bindings it wouldn't be as useful as mine currently it.

Secondly why in the name of all that is holy, would you rather play on console? The mods that make me play this game, are all script mods. Stuff like GPS, CP, Vehicle Control Addon (very important actually), and the fact that I can edit anything I want. I'd feel so locked playing on a console.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

KevinMn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm how come you can't change the keybindings?
If you dig back into the history of Side Panel working with PS4, the fact it DOES even work at all seems to have been "not intentional". In order to customize the bindings, Giants would have to add such code to the console release. And I suppose then if they DID that, there would be a lot of Xbox farmers "crying foul" if it wasn't also added as officially supported on their consoles too (it does NOT currently work on any Xbox console).
KevinMn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
Secondly why in the name of all that is holy, would you rather play on console?
I play FS more as a chill out on the lounger game than as a hard core simulator. TBH, I don't really miss the scripted mods (other than maybe Follow Me) or the mega maps or the nearly unlimited mods space. I play from sitting across the room from the consoles/screen, and while yeah I know I could setup a PC to work that way too, it's just far easier (for how >I< want to play it) to plug in a console and game.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The way you have it set up, you could dj exactly the same thing with a pc. Plug the pc into the TV where you have your Xbox and you are all set. You can use the wheel, the side panel and the same controller. That's just an excuse that is easily debunked. That's totally fine though if you prefer to play ps4 instead of pc though. Just say that without the excuse.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:15 pm Just say that without the excuse.
I don't want the headaches of buying/building a PC to fit the TV stand, dealing with drivers, windows updates hassles, etc etc etc just to play some games. I put the PS on the stand, plug in a couple cables, and "it works".

Like I said, I'm well aware it CAN be done, just for me (and millions of other console gamers out there) it just isn't worth the hassle.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Why would you have a headache of buying/ building a pc? You said you rarely play fs19 on pc already, so you have one already. Windows update is similar as a ps4 update. My pc fits in the same spot my Xbox does. I just plug in a couple wires and my pc works. I can run both systems at the same time. I would be the majority of console players would play on pc if they could afford one to play. I like both systems for different games.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

burnsdg wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:29 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:15 pm Just say that without the excuse.
I don't want the headaches of buying/building a PC to fit the TV stand, dealing with drivers, windows updates hassles, etc etc etc just to play some games. I put the PS on the stand, plug in a couple cables, and "it works".

Like I said, I'm well aware it CAN be done, just for me (and millions of other console gamers out there) it just isn't worth the hassle.
still have to update console. Heck ps4 has had 2 I think in the last month. Ps4 is my main platform but there are still a few games I wish I had a pc to play. I've seen tv stands that were more complicated and took longer to build (don't ask) than I see pc builds on yt.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 am Well that doesn't make me want a side panel at all.
Elgato Stream Deck makes a great side panel if you just want buttons, you can do multiple pages too if you want.

edit - just realised you're on PS not PC so Stream Deck not an option.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

gordon861 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:02 am edit - just realised you're on PS not PC so Stream Deck not an option.
NP. I also have dabbled a bit with the SIM Dashboard mobile app.