Logitech Side Panel with PS5

kedaR

Re: Logitech Side Panel with PS5

Post by kedaR »

KevinMn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm
burnsdg wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm
NotoriousWeber wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:21 pm That button mapping thing is sick. I wish I could find something like that for PC........
They're out there, I based mine for PS on one I found online for PC. I have FS19 on my PC but I've not used the Panel with it as I rarely ever play it on PC, but my understanding is all the button mappings can be customized, where on PS they can't. Here's my "blank" from before I filled in the functions, if it helps.

Secondly why in the name of all that is holy, would you rather play on console? The mods that make me play this game, are all script mods. Stuff like GPS, CP, Vehicle Control Addon (very important actually), and the fact that I can edit anything I want. I'd feel so locked playing on a console.

Not everyone can afford a pc, that's why I'm still stuck playing on PS4 and enjoying the game to its full.
Toerag

Post by Toerag »

Can anyone advise me of what my son can use instead of the side panel on FS22? He will be using a T150 wheel.
Thanks
Lingruid_2612

Post by Lingruid_2612 »

The side panel only works on the ps4 version of FS22 on the ps5. It don't works on the ps5 Version of the game. I use the same constellation of wheel wirh side panel.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So I have the side panel plugged into the rear of the ps5 usb and it’s lit up…but buttons don’t do anything at all. Why would it work fine for ps4 but not ps5??
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:14 pm So I have the side panel plugged into the rear of the ps5 usb and it’s lit up…but buttons don’t do anything at all. Why would it work fine for ps4 but not ps5??
Sony removed support for some usb devices from the PS5 SDK, so any games written for ps5 won’t be able to use them. The PS4 version was written for the older Sony software which supported the devices.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Stegei's official line on the above:
Stegei wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:32 pm Unfortunately Sony removed the USB support from their PlayStation SDKs, so that the side panel (and the farm wheel) can no longer be supported on PlayStation.

We did open a feature request with Sony quite a while ago, but I don't expect this to be changed soon.
Source: Re: Watching MRSealyp on PS5 FS22 thoughts
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So Sony took it away?? I guess I don’t understand why? Obviously that’s stupid and I’m slightly upset…

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:41 pm So Sony took it away?? I guess I don’t understand why? Obviously that’s stupid and I’m slightly upset…
Weird why it only supports the PS4 Version of FS22, but not the 5 Version of FS22? :confusednew: It reminds me of a Daulsense supporting the PS3 except the PS4.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:06 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:41 pm So Sony took it away?? I guess I don’t understand why? Obviously that’s stupid and I’m slightly upset…
Weird why it only supports the PS4 Version of FS22, but not the 5 Version of FS22? :confusednew: It reminds me of a Daulsense supporting the PS3 except the PS4.
Because the PS4 version was written for the PS4 using the PS4 SDK which had always supported USB devices, Sony has only removed the support from the PS5 SDK, so even if it’s a ps5 playing the PS4 version of the game, it runs it on the PS4 software, not the ps5 software.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

For someone who waited and paid more than I should for a ps5…that sincerely disappoints me. Why take that support away and for all the players who used it or has one on the way gift wise…can’t use it now. Anyone contact Sony? Or is it something giants can request as it’s a large fan base wanting this?

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

I believe Stegei said they have talked to Sony about it. Not sure if there's an ongoing dialog regarding it or not
Playing on PC and PS4
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:12 pm For someone who waited and paid more than I should for a ps5…that sincerely disappoints me. Why take that support away and for all the players who used it or has one on the way gift wise…can’t use it now. Anyone contact Sony? Or is it something giants can request as it’s a large fan base wanting this?
Sadly Giants are a small company whit a very small fan base. Sony would not realy care about them
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

I recommend everyone reach out to both Sony and Logitech. Logitech could sell quite a few more of those side panels if they worked on PS5...
Arkadio1

Post by Arkadio1 »

Why the panel does not work on the PS5 console in FS22 PS5 version. But when I installed FS22 on my PS5, the PS4 version worked fine. Why is this happening. Please reply
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:04 am I recommend everyone reach out to both Sony and Logitech. Logitech could sell quite a few more of those side panels if they worked on PS5...
I tried reaching out to Sony but their site *censored* and I can’t just message them apparently unless I’m not seeing it? I didn’t think about Logitech and I’ll dig around looking for a contact there

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!