Odd issue with overview map (after update?) on PS4

cedricthecat

Odd issue with overview map (after update?) on PS4

Post by cedricthecat »

Hi folks

I've noticed that something seems to have changed on my overview map, playing on PS4

Now I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that up until this morning, when the system downloaded and installed Version 1.18, that it worked as follows:-

Zoom in/out on the map - Up or down on the D Pad
Move cursor - right stick
Select item from right list, so fruit type/growth/soil composition - left stick then X

However, it now seems as though the up/down on the D Pad is zooming in and out, but simultaneously selecting items from the right list at the same time! The on screen graphic (bottom left) suggests that R2/L2 will zoom (and it does) but I'm sure I never used this before. Logically, the D pad zoom in the overview map works just as the zoom does in actual gameplay, so not sure why

a) The overview version is now doing two things at once
b) I've not seen the R2/L2 graphic before

Am I going mad? Has it not changed at all and I've been doing in "wrong" for ages?!

BTW, it's doing it on all maps
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
PrincessJessi84

Re: Odd issue with overview map (after update?) on PS4

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I just had issues with the map itself (growth states and those things) on xbone and fixed it by completely restarting the game.. something is certainly bugged since the update.. I dont have a link handy but I know there is a bug report section for the dlc somewhere.. u might thumb thru it to see if anyone else has had that problem and maybe a workaround/solution
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

cedricthecat wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm
Am I going mad? Has it not changed at all and I've been doing in "wrong" for ages?!
You're not going mad...at least not about this anyway :coolnew: . I noticed the same things you mentioned. It's different, and it's a little odd.
PS4
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:02 am I just had issues with the map itself (growth states and those things) on xbone and fixed it by completely restarting the game.. something is certainly bugged since the update.. I dont have a link handy but I know there is a bug report section for the dlc somewhere.. u might thumb thru it to see if anyone else has had that problem and maybe a workaround/solution
I looked for something about this, but didn't think to look for the dlc bit, as I've not downloaded it! Having said that, there was probably a clue in the update title! :)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:07 am
cedricthecat wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm
You're not going mad...at least not about this anyway :coolnew: . I noticed the same things you mentioned. It's different, and it's a little odd.
Nice to know I'm not going nuts! Definitely different and also annoying, as although I can zoom in/out with L2/R2, my "muscle memory" means I use the D Pad and then the zooming is accompanied by the right menu selection changing, and therefore the map elements themselves change too! ARGH!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

you haven't tried to customize a machine yet have you :lol:
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 pm you haven't tried to customize a machine yet have you :lol:
Um, no...

Is this going to be a problem too?
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

cedricthecat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 pm you haven't tried to customize a machine yet have you :lol:
Um, no...

Is this going to be a problem too?
Yeah, you will get the same thing. Use d pad it will zoom in/out and go through the option menus. Farm Sim did this a long time ago at the beginning too but it was fixed. I first seen the issue before alpine dlc was released but don't remember if it was before the update.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Just tried with the vehicle customising and got the same :( (Hadn't spotted this as not bought any vehicles recently)

Is this behaviour noted in any other threads on here? I've done a search but not found anything. It's really annoying if it's caused by changes made to implement the new Alpine DLC, as I have no intention of buying it, so they've changed/broken my game for no reason! Wish there was some easy way to remove the update and then be able to refuse it - it's as bad as Microsoft messing things up with enforced updates to Windows!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I will admit, one benefit of pc is you could backdate to previous game version if the new one didn't work. Did that once on 17.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

I thought I was going crazy as well!!🤣 its an interesting adjustment made by giants. Wonder if it was intentional or accidental?
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

PS4farmhand wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 am I thought I was going crazy as well!!🤣 its an interesting adjustment made by giants. Wonder if it was intentional or accidental?
My money is on accidental, as it doesn't seem to make things better, just annoying!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

PS4farmhand wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 am I thought I was going crazy as well!!🤣 its an interesting adjustment made by giants. Wonder if it was intentional or accidental?
its not intentional. If you look it shows a guide in shop menu shopping d-pad up/down as being zoom. I'm also seeing more of the even more annoying glitch of trying to tab down color options to other options and pointer starting at end of middle of the option list and not the top (talking of where you choose tire options, front loader, blah blah blah). It's not bad like on a tractor that only has tire options and front loader, but some of those mod tractors are crazy.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

cedricthecat wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:15 pm Hi folks

I've noticed that something seems to have changed on my overview map, playing on PS4

Now I could be wrong, but I could have sworn that up until this morning, when the system downloaded and installed Version 1.18, that it worked as follows:-

Zoom in/out on the map - Up or down on the D Pad
Move cursor - right stick
Select item from right list, so fruit type/growth/soil composition - left stick then X

However, it now seems as though the up/down on the D Pad is zooming in and out, but simultaneously selecting items from the right list at the same time! The on screen graphic (bottom left) suggests that R2/L2 will zoom (and it does) but I'm sure I never used this before. Logically, the D pad zoom in the overview map works just as the zoom does in actual gameplay, so not sure why

a) The overview version is now doing two things at once
b) I've not seen the R2/L2 graphic before

BTW, it's doing it on all maps
That issue has also happened in the store customis [z]ation screen as well. Someone screwed up the coding
Don't leak mods