Beyond frustrated

PrincessJessi84

Beyond frustrated

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I decided to play stone valley 2x on console... it reminds me of grandpas farm and the area more than any other map I have seen (as it should, grandpas farm was in central(ish) Illinois).. I dont usually do the large farming in game but I have been having a blast.. in just a few weeks I have racked up a few hundred hours on it.. I do almost all of the work myself limiting myself to 1 hired worker during harvest.. my fleet was nice.. I own the entire block that the starting farm is on.. got a nice cow setup too..

That is where my problems came in.. I have been using the placeable tmr mixer and respective storage silos by raulycristi1 (MIXED RATION FOR COWS).. well neither the tmr silos nor the farms grain silos are up to par anymore so I figured I would sell them off and buy a large multi silo.. the other silos worked well but just not enough capacity for this scale of farm.. Transferred the product out of the silos and sold them... now I cant place anything even close to where they were.. when I tested on a new save it works fine.. just not in my game... I think its the silos but it could just be something in the game mechanics...

I now find myself deciding if I should try to re setup the farm (its gonna be a ton of work on console) or just abandoning the map which I really dont want to do.. I had fields of straw and grass waiting to be picked up as well as all the other product from the silos..

I am frustrated to the point of tears.. even losing my trusty fendt 1000 that I have racked up an obscene amount of hours on makes me want to cry.. as anyone else had this problem on console? Never had any issues like this on pc but I was using the place anywhere mod.. If anyone has any suggestions to save my game I would be so beyond grateful.. If not.. idk.. this is the sort of thing that would make me quit playing literally any other game.. please help :(
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Bryan83

Re: Beyond frustrated

Post by Bryan83 »

I have run into this issue a couple times on xbox. Sometimes, and for whatever reason, even after you sell a placeable ot seems as if the game still thinks it's there. Also sometimes, I have had luck fixing this problem by running the ingame meadow roller (delete fields) all over the area where the placeables used to be. I had a couple spots on Ravenport where this did not work, but more often it did.

I guess give it a shot and report back.

Just make sure you cover the ENTIRE area where it was. I would do that and then a little extra to be sure I got it all.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I had an issue where an updated silage clamp caused it to disappear on my Osina Map right at the point where I was getting ready to fill it. After it disappeared I cannot place anything there, and there was no other place I can put a second pit. So after a few days, and doing some map shopping, I started a new Osina game save. I will only use the modded silo that comes with the map to avoid issues there. I had other issues when the map updated that caused other less important things to disappear anyways, so it will be nice to have everything back. I decided this time around to start with newer but older machinery mods and more Fendts. There is really no other map aside from Marwell that I can call “home”.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PrincessJessi84

No luck for me on this one.. my save is shot.. I rolled the area a half dozen times with no luck at all.. a couple hundred hours up on smoke.. I am really disappointed.. I have never had these issues on pc.. Since playing on my xbox I have observed many of the things other console players have complained about and overlooked it as none of it was "game breaking".. the fps drops and all that.. but this broke my game.. and if memory serves its not a new problem.. I faintly remember some players having this issue after 19 launched..

I may or may not buy the next edition of the game.. honestly depends on a lot of factors.. but I can say with absolute certainty that I will NEVER buy it or any DLC for console again!

With that said, thanks Bryan.. it was certainly worth a shot as I was at a loss for what to do.. Thank you.. looks like I wont be playing until I am healthy enough to sit at my pc again.. I am truly sad as this is my favorite game and lately has really helped me get through the long pain filled days from my "post" on the couch.. oh well.. live and learn I guess.. Happy farming
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Maybe try plowing the area up creating a field? Maybe that will reset it
Playing on PC and PS4
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:25 am looks like I wont be playing until I am healthy enough to sit at my pc again.. I am truly sad as this is my favorite game and lately has really helped me get through the long pain filled days from my "post" on the couch.. oh well.. live and learn I guess.. Happy farming
Well I wouldn't give up on the game, maybe try a new map.

Or I suppose since you're going to a different silo, possibly try disabling the mod ones you're no longer using?

And as a last resort, start a new save on the map and cheat in the money to get you back to where you were. I know it's not exactly the same, but it's about the only work around we console players have.

I know it's frustrating when something like this happens, but that's sometimes there nature of the console beast.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I wouldn't give up on your save. I would try and place alien jims shed and use a pull behind or self propelled mixer wagon to feed the cows.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

It's only time up in smoke if you put in the time to get to some other goal. If, as I suspect, you were playing to derive pleasure, the time was not wasted.
PrincessJessi84

There really needs to be a like button on here.. thanks everyone.. I was really upset about it last nite.. still am a bit I guess.. but I am gonna try what Drmattymd suggested in a bit.. if not I will probably try another map or maybe restart this one.. and while I was trying (successfully) to just find some enjoyment during what seems like the longest year of my life, I actually did have a goal.. As many of u might remember, I have a love for the small farms.. but.. I wanted to play with other things.. Since 19 came out the only time I have ever been able to do cotton was after release I cheated in a cotton harvester on one of the base maps just to try it.. but I have never got to play with it legit as my farms have never been big enough to justify a machine like that.. using a semi and trailer.. even that sugar cane harvester.. poplars.. My goal was to work for and play with the "big kit" as so many youtubers r saying these days.. So today Ill forge on.. I have already uninstalled the offending silo so I will maybe try to setup the map how it was.. saddest part may be my poor fendt.. I had proudly ran its value to below 50k lol.. my workhorse.. oh well..

Thank u all for the kind words and encouragement.. It helped tremendously!

On a related note.. likely due to going to be still upset over it, I had a dream/nightmare where my farm was real and while I was harvesting corn a tornado came in and *censored* all the corn away.. not me or the harvester.. just the corn right before the header could touch it... I guess its really not all that scary in hindsight but at the time it was enough to wake me up in a panic lol.. happy farming everyone.. stay safe out there
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

I thought I remembered people saying placing the vanilla workshop as close to the old placeable site as possible solved this issue, but maybe that was for something else?
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Also, landscaping works sometimes - getting a bigger brush first, smoothing, changing the texture to a homogeneous one. Doesn't always work, but saved me a game a few times.

And the plowing suggestion above is worth a shot.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I had some similar issues on Welker. I wanted to start from scratch using different placeables on the original yard, however I couldn’t place anything anywhere in that section, so I moved across the road and plowed up the old yard. Now I’ve also had the sinkhole issue on that save and so I made a small copse of trees surrounding it and decorating my yard.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

It can be really annoying when things like this happen, but in the end I’m always happy that I stuck with it and came up with an innovative solution so I can continue playing the saves I love.
williamnohath

Post by williamnohath »

This game is frustrating in so many ways I can't even count.
The best option is to give up this game and try another one without those huge amount of bugs and problems, unfortunatelly
In PS4 I can't event unload a trailer :hmm:
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Bugs and problems or user error. Where are you trying to unload your trailer, in to a silo or on to the ground? If you tell us what you've tried we'll be able to help you figure out what your maybe doing wrong.
One thing to do is make sure you have the help menu turned on in game when you first start out so you can see what buttons to press with different tools attached to your tractor.