Precision Farming DLC

redglasses

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by redglasses »

Inoque wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:17 pm
redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 am Is there a table which shows the perfect nitrogen level for each crop?
Check Farmer Klein.
https://youtu.be/zqydWXrvALg
I made one now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
crash

Post by crash »

There should be an option on just buying the entire soil sampling from a contractor, just in the meny when you select the field.. You have to take an stupid amount of them, and its boring after doing it 1 time.. Think i took 150 samples yesterday.. And in real life you wouldent cover your field, they take a representive amaount on a field.. So you would take some on the hills, some in the valleys, and take some where they see bad growth etc. And There should be a frequence adjusment, In norway law dictataes that samples should be taken every 4-8 years and a sample can represent up to 2-3 hectares/0.8acres. I have joined field 14-15-16-17 On bucks county Pa, and it would a taken maybe 20 samples in real life, in game 150.. :rolleyesnew:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Crash, if you are on PC, just edit the radius in XML file.
Search for number "32.5" and change it to 10000 or something like that, you should cover most of your map in just 1 click :)
Yea, its cheating, but if you want to finish fast taking samples, thats the real thing.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Crazof wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Bryan83 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 pm One thing I was kind of curious about, they keep calling this a DLC, but it's actually in the Modhub. I thought DLC's weren't supposed to take up mod space on consoles? Does this mean as it gets updated it's going to take up more and more of that 4 GB?
Yes, this is really just a mod when it comes to console users. The space it requires come out of our already limited mod storage space. They did the same thing with the Horsch pack, announced a free dlc, yet in the end it was just another mod.

And yes I know a dlc is download able content, which is also what the mods are, but when it comes to consoles, dlc's vs mods make quite a difference.
What’s that saying about a gift horse and its mouth?
raran

Post by raran »

theSeb wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 am
Bryan83 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 pm One thing I was kind of curious about, they keep calling this a DLC, but it's actually in the Modhub. I thought DLC's weren't supposed to take up mod space on consoles? Does this mean as it gets updated it's going to take up more and more of that 4 GB?
Yes, this is really just a mod when it comes to console users. The space it requires come out of our already limited mod storage space. They did the same thing with the Horsch pack, announced a free dlc, yet in the end it was just another mod.

And yes I know a dlc is download able content, which is also what the mods are, but when it comes to consoles, dlc's vs mods make quite a difference.
Funny that people blame Giants for something that Sony and MS are to blame for.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

raran wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:28 am
Even funnier that anyone would look for someone to "blame" for making an awesome game enhancing mod available for free. It's like being given a free car and complaining that it doesn't get good enough gas mileage.
PS4
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

As crash was saying, the amount of samples is way over the top.
I actually do field mapping/sampling in real life and the way it’s done is you map the field boundary first and then the machine plots points evenly across the field in a grid at one per hectare and you head to each one and sample.
The next time you go to the same points to sample so you can see the difference in the data from the previous time.
Not knocking the dlc, but sampling is gonna become very tedious which will put many off.
I hope they develop it further because it does add more realism to the game and I for one thank them for it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Here in the UK they do ot multiple times in one area especially in construction and in agriculture, sometimes they last a few days over a certain area. The same in the US too
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Fade2black wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:23 pm Not knocking the dlc, but sampling is gonna become very tedious which will put many off.
I hope they develop it further because it does add more realism to the game and I for one thank them for it.
This is true. I sampled field 2 on Welker last night, it took 90 samples and there's still areas around the border that aren't covered. Also, at a cost of $9,000, I start to wonder if my profit margins are going to increase enough to justify the expenses of the equipment and the sampling and the time investment.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Stone75

Post by Stone75 »

To any on PC who think the sample size is too small. I edited the Isaria scout XML to double the size. The line is <soilSampler node="samplingNode" radius="32.5" I changed mine to 65 and im quite happy with that on a 4k Flint Hills map. I believe you can change the price per sample also but i have not tried. I believe this is in the PrecisionFarming XML I'd imagine this is the line to alter for both price and time per sample. <sampling name="$l10n_pa_sampledArea" sampledColor="0.1022 0.0168 0.0212" sampledColorBlind="0.0061 0.0061 0.0130" pricePerSample="50 100 150" analyseTimeSecPerSample="5"> The values 50 100 150 for the different economy settings. ALl the above are found in your Mods/FS19_PrecisionFarming Folder with the scout being in the vehicles folder.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm not sure if you guys got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or not, but it seems to me that you are jumping to conclusions here.

Nowhere are there any complaints about the content or any blame pointed toward anyone. The man asked if this was a dlc or a mod. The question was answered along with a second example to help clarify.

If you can point out something stated in my previous post that was not factually correct, then I could stand corrected, until then have a nice day
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Crazof wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:12 pm

I'm not sure if you guys got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or not, but it seems to me that you are jumping to conclusions here.

Nowhere are there any complaints about the content or any blame pointed toward anyone. The man asked if this was a dlc or a mod. The question was answered along with a second example to help clarify.

If you can point out something stated in my previous post that was not factually correct, then I could stand corrected, until then have a nice day
What surprises me is that it could make any significant difference: no matter what it's called, or whether it's going to be loaded as part of the main game or as additional content, it's going to take up the same amount of memory. There might be a some fractional wastage if a content item takes up part of a slot.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

eric21 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 pm Here in the UK they do ot multiple times in one area especially in construction and in agriculture, sometimes they last a few days over a certain area. The same in the US too
Are getting surveying and soil testing mixed up? Seriously though, if they are spending days in a person's field they are doing it wrong. You are wasting money if you need them to soil test an area multiple times in a row. The guy you responded to actually does it irl too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

I do feel sorry for the gift horse... It is starting to get a bit swayback... I did soil sampling back in ancient times. Spent many hours with an agronomist driving through fields watching her toss a holahoop, take her sample and mark on the plat.... Sometime she would let me throw the hoop just to add some randomness to the test... I am very happy the new dlc doesn't make us do that.... enjoy the gift, stop complaining and have fun. This is a game and is supposed to be fun, enjoyable.... Giants did anyone who uses the new upload a HUGE service and should be thanked for it. If it were all that bad, delete it and move on... :?:
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:32 pm Here in the UK they do ot multiple times in one area especially in construction and in agriculture, sometimes they last a few days over a certain area. The same in the US too
In construction, like how so? Drilling to see how deep to drive pilings or taking cores for things like landfills are a bit different than soil sampling in ag like the fact you probably are not going into the hundreds of feet deep to test the soil for crops.