Precision Farming DLC

ctb123

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by ctb123 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:50 pm Am I the only one that, after updating season + downloading the DLC, all my growth status stopped?

I was in early summer, most of my growth state were at stage 2 (mid-green) and none of them growth up after that.

I'm currently in winter, hopefully with a "reset" caused by winter will fix that...I really don't want to start a new savegame!
I think others have had the same problem you are having. If you are on PC, you can use the Easy Development Mod to change the state to whatever you want:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

I"ve also read you can deactivate Precision Farming with no negative effects, so you might do that to get through harvest and then reactivate before you plant the next year.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Thanks ! Yes I did use EDM to "reset" field during winter. Hope that will fix it.

Still don't know if it was related to season Update or Precision Farming.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

aklein wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:28 pm Rates solid and liquid is applied before seeding are as follows: Loamy Sand: 60kg/ha, Sandy Loam: 80kg/ha, Loam 100kg/ha and Silty Clay: 80kg/ha
Oh that’s how that works, makes a little more sense now.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MechPilot85

Post by MechPilot85 »

redglasses wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:45 am
gilroy222 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:41 am Does the fertilizer rate with seeders and planters change based on if you already applied fertilizer before planting as well?

And is there a way to set which crop you are going to plant in order to determine the correct final nitrogen level in the field? Every video I watch seems to always be shooting for 200kgs, but if some crops don't require this much, how do we adjust the automatic rate to be correct?

Depending on the nitrogen removal from each crop, being able to fertilize at planting would allow less work depending on crops as well.

Haven't had the chance to play it much yet to test myself...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

AFAIK autorate only works if you are spreading/spraying on ground with crop in/on it. You can manually adjust the rate using the spreadsheet linked above. I've also heard when you are seeding w/ fert it automatically sets it to the optimum amount.
Thanks for sharing this!

To a comment on the spreadsheet about "possible bug" next to soybeans having no nitrogen; I don't think that's a bug.

In real life you don't usually add nitrogen to soybeans (they help bind nitrogen in the soil for other crops; hence why, in this part of the US, we crop rotate soybeans and corn).

Given that Giants partnered with Deere on this mod, I'm assuming that it's intentional that soybeans don't require additional nitrogen and then "Add" nitrogen to the soil as they're harvested.
Gaastra

Post by Gaastra »

Don't know if this is apply to Precision Farming in general or are just for the map "Six Ashes", but as a former farmworker i can tell that this spreadsheet shows realistic crop/soil relation and in my eyes makes the DLC much more valuable for realism in the game..
https://cdn5.giants-software.com/modHub ... nshot0.jpg
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Gaastra wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:53 am Don't know if this is apply to Precision Farming in general or are just for the map "Six Ashes", but as a former farmworker i can tell that this spreadsheet shows realistic crop/soil relation and in my eyes makes the DLC much more valuable for realism in the game..
https://cdn5.giants-software.com/modHub ... nshot0.jpg
I believe that is Six Ashes' specific. But I know what you mean - was my first thought when the DLC dropped: what about some soils being better for some of the crops?
minitehnicus

Post by minitehnicus »

New on the forum, but I can't find any information on compatibility between Seasons and Precision Farming regarding fertilization.

The problem is that Precision Farming is built around vanilla (2 round of fertilization), while the Seasons introduces the 3rd round. Precision doesn't let me do the 3rd one so when i check with the measuring tool, the fert level is at 67% (2 rounds).

What is the course of action here? Wait for an update? Is this a known compatibility issue? :hmm:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Don't use the wopster to measure ground conditions. That's now wholly in the hands of PF. Use the map overlay from PF to know what levels you need.

Remember, with PF the ground conditions vary a lot, and also what is needed to apply to the fields to get it to optimum levels.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

minitehnicus wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:38 pm New on the forum, but I can't find any information on compatibility between Seasons and Precision Farming regarding fertilization.

The problem is that Precision Farming is built around vanilla (2 round of fertilization), while the Seasons introduces the 3rd round. Precision doesn't let me do the 3rd one so when i check with the measuring tool, the fert level is at 67% (2 rounds).

What is the course of action here? Wait for an update? Is this a known compatibility issue? :hmm:
PF is not actually built around any of the two. It is up to you how to approach your Ni content on the fields - you can do it all in one pass, should you have an endless supply of mineral fertilizer - seasons or not, regardless. As far as the word goes, seasons and PF go together, but PF - as of now BADLY requires a hotfix: the contract system is bust, the stats get stuck causing entire fields to glitch out and remaining at the same yield level whatever you do or your soil types are. So, if you're curious to try something new - go ahead, but expect some game-breaking bugs.

Myself, I am in all the way, but every day I am thinking I should have held off)
the_yacht_club

Post by the_yacht_club »

Has anyone had a problem when going to spray fert on a feild it gose all wrong and show a huge minus number on spray but still sparys
johnb32xq

Post by johnb32xq »

what would be causing the pH level to reset on a dedicated server?
Like all the guys on there farms limed and everything before winter during fall tillage and planting and it reset its self on planted fields during winter,
we playing midwest horizons with seasons and precision DLC, its really frustrating, what would be causing this
Tomgbombt

Post by Tomgbombt »

johnb32xq wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:44 pm what would be causing the pH level to reset on a dedicated server?
Like all the guys on there farms limed and everything before winter during fall tillage and planting and it reset its self on planted fields during winter,
we playing midwest horizons with seasons and precision DLC, its really frustrating, what would be causing this
I have this issue on NML, Console. I limed all my fields. Next time i opened the gamesave, the PH levels all reset to what I assume was the default. I eventually gave up on liming for now until a bugfix is in place :-).
Ripgiants

Post by Ripgiants »

Im gwtting the 65% yield bug after i have planted soybeans i have plowed etc fert limed, It is still glitched and my yield is still stuck at 65% even after another 3 harvests to try and sort lut the problem it defo needs a.patch to fix the stuck yields.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Ripgiants wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:27 am Im gwtting the 65% yield bug after i have planted soybeans i have plowed etc fert limed, It is still glitched and my yield is still stuck at 65% even after another 3 harvests to try and sort lut the problem it defo needs a.patch to fix the stuck yields.
Try clearing yield data (yield screen, right on d-pad) prior to harvesting.
Bas24898

Post by Bas24898 »

I think i found an issue!

When i am ussing the slurry diskharrow attachments (ingame and mods), the automatic dosing option disapears and it goes automatic to the manual mode.
Then i started working on a field and the nitrogen values did go up to 200 kg/ha (in just 1 application at 4 m3/ha setting) instead of the normal application rate of 60 kg/ha.

Does somewone else experience the same issue? And what can i do about it? Or do i have to wait till there is an update?