Precision Farming DLC

TZ441

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by TZ441 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:45 pm I was finally looking forward to a dlc, and I don't think I will use it since gps, additional field, and unit convert doesn't with it.
If you are dead set on using those, i run the Global Company Field Leasing mod and you can buy, sell, and lease land from the GC Menu.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

For the RTK stations, do you just need one on the farm or how do those work then
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

ch4rles50 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:54 pm This is the first I'm reading about this sort of issue.

I'd recommend opening a new save with just the precision farming dlc, and then if the problem still occurs you can isolate it to that mod and seek appropriate support. It makes problems very difficult to diagnose if you have a lot of mods installed as it's usually a conflict.
I'm thinking it might be a Global Company Mod or Addon that might be conflicting, despite no errors being generated or reported in the log. I've just loaded up my No Man's Land mod folder and save and been happy to play for the last hour and a half without the driving bug striking at all. Switched back to my new Freedom Farm mod folder and loaded up the save game and 15 minutes into that the bug hit me and I couldn't move a vehicle again unless I activated cruise control. Only difference between the two mod folders is Freedom Farm has more Global Company mods needed for the map to function because of placeables. In my No Man's Land folder I literally just have the main Global Company mod and that's it, because on No Man's Land I just wanted the Place Anywhere function and Horse Helper aspect, but am then not using any other production type mods on that save, so haven't installed any.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

TZ441 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 pm
If you are dead set on using those, i run the Global Company Field Leasing mod and you can buy, sell, and lease land from the GC Menu.
I use that too for renting fields. Thundr update the unit convert so all good there.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

sittinhere wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:53 pm For the RTK stations, do you just need one on the farm or how do those work then
just one of the two they just gave us options as to which we want to use i kinda like the bigger of the 2 for it being a shed as well.
Platte valley

Post by Platte valley »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:47 pm
TZ441 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 pm
I use that too for renting fields. Thundr update the unit convert so all good there.
Where did you get the update for the unit convert can't find it anywhere
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah the bigger station is nice, because that's where I'm storing the Gator and the Field Scout when not using them.

One thing I've noticed today and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this as well. I tried to fertilise a field after harvesting, before ploughing/cultivating or anything else. I started with the headland and did my usual of overlapping the left hand boom over the field edge to ensure I sprayed the whole field as I drove round clockwise. I had the Fertiliser set to the Auto-Application Mode and weirdly as I was driving round doing the headland the Help Menu was showing me that the sprayer was applying fertiliser for Grass on the different soil types as I drove round the field. This meant it sprayed very little fertiliser on the field at all in fact the Nitrogen Amount on the mini-map and main map were still Orange. Once I moved into the field and the sprayer's booms were only passing over field, the Auto-Application changed to applying "Default Values" for the different soil types as I travelled up and down the field. This caused this area of the field to appear in different shades of green on the mini-map and main map which tells me that the sprayer put down more fertiliser on the main part of the field then it did the headlands. So it seems when doing headlands, if the tractor/sprayer detects grass around the field it incorrectly changes the spray rate because it thinks you are spraying grass and not just a post-harvest field with no crop on it.

I notice we still have the problem in game that in this case, after seeing this issue. If I wanted to manually go back round the headland and spray again, even in manual mode, with the spray rate turned up to max, it doesn't actually apply more fertiliser or update the field. You need to change the field state again either by ploughing/cultivating or seeding and wait for the 1st growth stage, before you can spray again and fix the issue with under spraying first time.

The same seems to happen with lime too, if the auto-application gets it wrong and doesn't put enough lime down to bring part of the field into the correct range you need, you can't just go over the area again and put down some more lime. You have to change the field state again.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Illinois Farmer

Platte valley wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Through his discord and kerdek discord.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Platte valley

Post by Platte valley »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:28 pm
Platte valley wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:14 pm
Through his discord and kerdek discord.
going to need help with the discord not sure how to do just a searce wants me to add a friend with a number behind it
Illinois Farmer

I'm not too familiar with the app. I don't know how to search people.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

ace54858 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:00 pm
sittinhere wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:53 pm For the RTK stations, do you just need one on the farm or how do those work then
just one of the two they just gave us options as to which we want to use i kinda like the bigger of the 2 for it being a shed as well.
Thank you. I do like the shed one as well. So is this suppose to improve AI with planting and harvesting or just fert/lime work.
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:06 pm I'll post my log below and people can see there are no errors or lua issues, the game's not telling me anything as to why it stops working:

Error: Failed to open xml file 'D:/Games/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 19/profileTemplate/inputBindingDefault_KeyboardMouse.xml'.
I'm not saying it's the issue, but you might wanna investigate the error above because this is a core game file that apparently can't be loaded. Try verifying the files in Steam.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

sittinhere wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:16 pm
ace54858 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:00 pm
Thank you. I do like the shed one as well. So is this suppose to improve AI with planting and harvesting or just fert/lime work.
improves all i think and the AI is to work 11% faster as well not sure how it works on AI/NPC Farmer's fields.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

dziuch wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:19 pm I'm not saying it's the issue, but you might wanna investigate the error above because this is a core game file that apparently can't be loaded. Try verifying the files in Steam.
Nah that error is fine to ignore, as I moved the default keyboard keybinding file because the game often seemed to update and overwrite my custom keybindings file and basically reset my preferred bindings and control setup. Now the game can't do that, because it doesn't know what the default bindings should be.

EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

IMO Precision Farming takes Farming Simulator into another level. Well done to Giants. Many times we criticized Giants for bad decisions, but when they do something good then we have to give them credit !
Congrats to Giants for this innovation ! *thumbsup*