Thanks for the info, so does that mean I’d have to start from scratch? 😢
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Missyb

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by Missyb »

yes it does
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Oooh i might not play on it anymore atm then
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Joeb33

Post by Joeb33 »

I think this dlc or add on what ever you want to call it will really help with the game. Take it from a straight make three fert passes to hopefully more indepth VRT style. I used to work for a couple coops and we did a lot of Variable Rate spreading based on the same principles they are putting in this game. I am glad they are put a base map in for modded maps so those of us who play on those maps can use this. Really excited to see this come out just bums me out that I don't really want to go to much further in my current game save knowing I will have to start over.
Xbox user
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Joeb33 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:43 pm I think this dlc or add on what ever you want to call it will really help with the game. Take it from a straight make three fert passes to hopefully more indepth VRT style. I used to work for a couple coops and we did a lot of Variable Rate spreading based on the same principles they are putting in this game. I am glad they are put a base map in for modded maps so those of us who play on those maps can use this. Really excited to see this come out just bums me out that I don't really want to go to much further in my current game save knowing I will have to start over.

I’ve not been on mine for this reason, just in case i have to start over. No point in progressing if I’m gonna have to start over. Itching to get back on now though lol
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Its out, tried it out and I'm lost already i think. The guides are brief som waiting for mrsealyp or whoever.
GBFarms

Post by GBFarms »

Does it work with seasons?
Xbox one.
Instagram: GBFarms_FS19
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Yes, it will work.

viewtopic.php?f=874&t=173601#p1339330

Translated: An old savegame can still be used. The Free DLC is compatible with Seasons, but no extra functionality related to the seasons is implemented.
GBFarms

Post by GBFarms »

TobiHH wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:59 pm Yes, it will work.

viewtopic.php?f=874&t=173601#p1339330

Translated: An old savegame can still be used. The Free DLC is compatible with Seasons, but no extra functionality related to the seasons is implemented.
Awesome, going to wrap up year 2 in Six Ashes without the new dlc while waiting for Chellington Valley, when that drops, it all gets deeper!
Xbox one.
Instagram: GBFarms_FS19
ddoarn

Post by ddoarn »

Totally disappointed. So whole precision part is "some fields are better then other". No lasting effects of fertilisation, no custom soil and pH tolerance for crops, no anything meaningful and no space for smart agricultural technology.

Just hopes further updates or some bright modder would add some. But now PF DLC is meaningless, no reason to abandon savegame to upgrade.
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Man this DLC is the most advanced thing. Really LOVE it. Brings a whole new aspect into the game. Already driven around taking probes and used the 4940 spreader to match the nitrogen my corn needs. Best DLC ever 😃
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

On medicine creek it will take me years to get a full map of my land lol
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

If you want to speed up the things, you can edit radius to your liking in xml file, default radius is 32.5m, so change it to whatever you like.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I tried it for about 1/2 hour and this is my initial conclusion, ultimately, it's cool for the feel and would have been great had it been released in the base game as a replacement to the lime and fertilizer system; however, all it really does from what I have seen is add a step to field prep every (?) harvests and maybe jack up yields (The max yield is 125%, but where is 100%, is it 2x fertilizer state with lime, plowed and no weeds, so the mod allows up to 25% gain over base game or is 100% some less ideal state? This is unclear in the mod.).

More details on what I did and how I arrived at my initial thoughts.
  • No other mods
  • Map: Felsburnn, bought field next to shop
  • Sampled field with soil sampler
  • Field had basically one level of fertilizer and no lime
  • Harvested field, which stripped all the fertilizer off it (same as base game)
  • Used fertilizing subsoiler. Oddly, it did not have the automatic function to follow the GPS soil sample map (bug maybe?). With manual fertilizer control I could jam the fertilizer to the soil, thus skipping one fertilizer step (bonus) as it maxed out the fertilizer in one pass.
  • Lime followed auto application and resulted in making one pass (same as base game) to meet the required ph.
  • Seeded on an unfertilized section with auto application and it basically resulted in the same as the base game, fertilizer was applied, but to get max fertilizer, another pass will be required (ultimately same as base game).
  • I used helpers and didn't see any difference, though Felsburnn is fairly helper friendly.
Pros:
  • Pretty graphics
  • Feels better for those who like more realism
TBD
  • Ability to jam in the fertilizer and possibly bypass a fertilizer step, this is possibly a bug? You can go from 0 kg/ha to 200 kg/ha in one seeding pass with automatic fertilizer turned off and cranking up the fertilizer. I think this defeats the purpose of the mod as you can't burn the crops by over fertilizing.
  • Maybe better yield
  • Possibly better Helper functions, my very limited experience is that it is the same.
Cons:
  • No player GPS option on tractors. This is criminal and makes no sense.
  • Doesn't really change the underlying game, still 1x lime pass, 2x fertilizer pass
  • If you like big field farming, it will take forever to get all the soil samples
  • No info is given what each soil type does to affect harvest. I suspect Loam is the best and gets worse with more sand or clay.
The above means the mod ultimately boils down to soil sample the field to enable to the mod, do automatic spread rate lime application to get ph on target, manually apply max level of fertilizer and hope you get good soil types for max harvest.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

How does the GPS RTK work to make the AI better exactly? I would think that the AI would be as good as they get for a game.

I would of thought the RTK was for the player now but I guess not.