Precision Farming DLC

Thedebe48

Precision Farming DLC

Post by Thedebe48 »

Very excited about the announcement of the Precision Farming DLC that introduces soil types into FS19. I think Giants is taking a really big step in the right direction with this new content. What I'm wondering about is how this new DLC will work with seasons? I'm guessing the seasons mod and the DLC won't be compatible right away?

Also, will this DLC with soil types only work on Giants' maps? Or will it work on mod maps as well?

Would be curious to know if anyone has any intel on this, or if they can shed some light on how it will likely work. Thanks!
Eische

Re: Precision Farming DLC

Post by Eische »

I put info here, as this was explained in the German forum section:
viewtopic.php?p=1339413#p1339413
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Eische wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 pm I put info here, as this was explained in the German forum section:
viewtopic.php?p=1339413#p1339413
Perfect! Thanks!
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Looking forward to it, thanks Giants - it’s so nice they are concentrating on 19 still :-)
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

It's not going to work on modded maps until it's updated... It's a very neat DLC but I'm extremely bummed to not see new ground textures... Modders have been doing it for how long now?! This would have been the perfect DLC to do it on because it's focused literally on the fields. I play on Welker map only... Not sure if I'm ever going to be able to use it anyhow
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:12 pm It's not going to work on modded maps until it's updated... It's a very neat DLC but I'm extremely bummed to not see new ground textures... Modders have been doing it for how long now?! This would have been the perfect DLC to do it on because it's focused literally on the fields. I play on Welker map only... Not sure if I'm ever going to be able to use it anyhow
they did say more features are planned to follow after the release of the dlc so who know's i so wouldn't mind seeing the ground like it is on farmer's dynasty more so the plowing as on that game it's not just looks but you feel it and the tractor will best way to say sink into where you have plowed the ground is just like it is in rl.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I suggest reading in the German topic, everythings on there
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

One other question I would have is regarding fertilizer application. If I'm understanding this correctly, we will be able to limit the amount of fertilizing passes we have to do by increasing the application rate on whatever tool we're using?
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

I’m currently on Sussex Farms, so hopefully won’t have to wait too long. Was the Straw Harvest mod available to modded maps straight away?
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

new content is great, would be nice to see the old issues fixed though
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Crazof wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 pm new content is great, would be nice to see the old issues fixed though
👏👏 Agree
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I'm hoping this dlc will turn out good, so far it's looking really good.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yesxlisa, straw harvest was awailible on almost all modmaps on release. Just the ones that had maximized the awailible fruit types had problems because of the added 'crops' from it. Same as some have had with seasons.
Don't think that it will be a problem here, but we will see in less than two weeks
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Noraf wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am Yesxlisa, straw harvest was awailible on almost all modmaps on release. Just the ones that had maximized the awailible fruit types had problems because of the added 'crops' from it. Same as some have had with seasons.
Don't think that it will be a problem here, but we will see in less than two weeks
Thanks for that :-)

Fingers crossed it will all work on Sussex Farms 🤞🏼
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

xlisa1986x wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 pm
Noraf wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am Yesxlisa, straw harvest was awailible on almost all modmaps on release. Just the ones that had maximized the awailible fruit types had problems because of the added 'crops' from it. Same as some have had with seasons.
Thanks for that :-)

Fingers crossed it will all work on Sussex Farms 🤞🏼
this would need a new save game, but there is default version that is shipped with it which allow to get on with it. To have it fully supported alien jim would need to update it and of course a new save game would be needed.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding