Precision Farming AI

TheCanadianJD

Precision Farming AI

Post by TheCanadianJD »

So I know this is still really new and no one has any access to the mod yet but has anyone heard/seen any announcements regarding whether it will be compatible with AI mods such as Courseplay or Follow Me? IE If I use those mods will the AI be able to use the automatic and dynamic application rates or will they revert to base game application rates and basically not use any of the PF tools. I really like the looks of this DLC but I like to run very large operations on 16x maps which means I end up using a lot of modded (better) AI, even when playing on 24 day seasons. I just want to know what kind of work load I'm making for myself for both soil sampling and actually farming large amounts of land depending on what AI I'm able to use in different scenarios.
Mwal

Re: Precision Farming AI

Post by Mwal »

My guess is it’s going to cause some interesting issues with a lot of mods and won’t be adding it to my main save without testing it first. I can’t ever remember them adding features like this mid game so that’s my reasoning. My mod folder is a house of cards carefully stacked over two years and adding this may be like trying to put a brick on top hahaha
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Follow me should work, as it's just handling the driving part. Not sure how cp will be affected.

And you probably have to do the samples yourself, so you might want to clear the schedule for that 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Mwal wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:18 am My guess is it’s going to cause some interesting issues with a lot of mods and won’t be adding it to my main save without testing it first. I can’t ever remember them adding features like this mid game so that’s my reasoning. My mod folder is a house of cards carefully stacked over two years and adding this may be like trying to put a brick on top hahaha
Oh it for sure will cause mod conflicts, the major thing is if modders will find a way to update their mods to be compatible.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

giants already said map mods will need to be updated to be compatible, I understood that as "expect problems unless you play on giants maps with out any game play mods" like corse play and follow me for you pc guys and straw harvest and seasons for everyone.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
raran

Post by raran »

They should be fine since mods that already change application rates don't make the AI revert to standard rates.
Eische

Post by Eische »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:23 am giants already said map mods will need to be updated to be compatible, I understood that as "expect problems unless you play on giants maps with out any game play mods" like corse play and follow me for you pc guys and straw harvest and seasons for everyone.
I think you misunderstood the statement.
The new DLC will work on all mod maps from the start. But there will be a generic soil map attached and crops will use default values for nitrogen and pH needs.
The DLC will contain a manual for modders on how to create custom soil map and crop values.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Guil

Post by Guil »

Eische wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:54 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:23 am giants already said map mods will need to be updated to be compatible, I understood that as "expect problems unless you play on giants maps with out any game play mods" like corse play and follow me for you pc guys and straw harvest and seasons for everyone.
The new DLC will work on all mod maps from the start. But there will be a generic soil map attached and crops will use default values for nitrogen and pH needs.
The DLC will contain a manual for modders on how to create custom soil map and crop values.
Are you sure? Chris and Marcel have said maps will need an update to use it
Eische

Post by Eische »

Guil wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:42 am
Eische wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:54 am
Are you sure? Chris and Marcel have said maps will need an update to use it
Hmm, this is weird. An other Giants official stated this in the German forum section:
viewtopic.php?p=1339330#p1339330
Translation:
The Free DLC comes with instructions in PDF format that describe how to add soil maps and support for custom fruit types. If this has not been done, a generic soil map is used and the standard values ​​for nitrogen requirements and yield for the fruit types are used.

An old savegame can still be used. The Free DLC is compatible with Seasons, but no extra functionality related to the seasons is implemented.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Guil

Post by Guil »

Strange indeed. It was stated in discord on the day of the announcement
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No they said it can work on mod maps but default style but map needs to be updated
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

My understanding is that it will work on any map but may have minor issues if it hasn't been set up for it, kind of in the same way that maps may cause issues if they haven't been specifically prepared for Seasons but they can still use Seasons most of the time.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Prepared for seasons usually just means the snow mask has been applied. Without it bales will not rot
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

From what i'm reading, it's also adding more filltype...I do hope Giants will increase fruit / height type limits of the base game, because we will easily face the "too many fruits" error...

Knowing that base game + season almost reach the limit.

If we add "soil mod" pretty sure it will exceed it..

Then, Maize PLus (+ extension) and Straw harvest...68 should be the new base.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)