Minor improvements you would like in the next game

roggek

Re: Minor improvements you would like in the next game

Post by roggek »

- Manual attaching of implements to the tractors is a must in the next version.
Today you just drive up and press a buttom, very unrealistic...
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

For console.....augers that can be attached to bins for loading instead of everything being a unload pit
AJBlack

Post by AJBlack »

Improvements I'd like would be:

Right hand drive vehicles for UK maps. Driving LHD's on a map based in the Uk just feels wrong.

Production contracts. As well as the contractor contracts, how about contracts that offer you the chance to produce X thousand litres of crop for a set price, with a bonus for exceeding target. You don't have to take it, you could sell on the spot market, which could be higher or lower.

Random breakdowns. We all know machines break down, so why not have a shear bolt go on a plow or a belt on a combine, that would require a field repair. It could also be a part that requires a VOR (vehicle off Road) order, delaying harvest/field work by 24hrs. This would add a touch more realism.

No limit of dirt saturation. It seems vehicles get dirty and then don't get dirtier anymore once they've reached saturation. Just keep adding dirt until it's almost impossible to see what brand of vehicle you're driving.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

About the break downs I think that it should be a bit more then just your tractor slows down when you are damaged and you should .... can’t remember
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I know this is kind of coming in the precision farming, but I would love a mini map that can tell you the field state as your working.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
loonitun

Post by loonitun »

Well i would like a small change in trucks, they are to narrow.

you should be able to place 3 EU pallets next to each other, but in the game you get at most 2 and 1/3 .. it is a small thing but simpel to fix, but i know a small detail in the grand picture.

also i would like to have in base game, some diffrence in performance when it is raining for instance so the feild gets harder to drive in, and ofcourse the option to harvest in sub optimal condition, where it makes the crops worth less unless you dry it out later, or something.

and the same old same old... more crops , more machines and so on so forth :P
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FSarndrone wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:00 pm About the break downs I think that it should be a bit more then just your tractor slows down when you are damaged and you should .... can’t remember
At least a repair should take time, as @AJBlack says upthread, ... and take damage when crashed into something.

I have a whole load more things but this thread is specifically for the minor things.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

-Attach headers to header trailers
-Grain augers and grain bins, and realistic grain bins where only 1 type of commodity can be put into each bin
-Small bins and augers/conveyors are more realistic for starting farmers and small farmers, typically only larger operations have a pit and leg system
-Grain bagger for when you have too much crop that won't fit in your bins
-American sugar beet and potato equipment
-A cattle pot with realistic capacity settings (Love the Wilson Silverstar, just wish it could hold 35-40 head)
-Long-term financing options for land and equipment
-Ability to rent land for crop production
-Undo button for the landscaping feature
-More diverse field textures for the various cultivators, disks, and subsoilers
-More realistic crop textures, especially more realistic post-harvest textures
-Drainage/Moisture issues based on elevation and soil type of land (I know this is a tall order)
-Would like to see cattail sloughs in the game, and the ability to install drain tile
-Pickup headers for combines, Windrowers/swathers for wheat, barley and canola
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I would like a way for someone to haul my grain. That it would just hop on the road and go.

Would also like a slider instead if clicking to buy animals! Hate that
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I have a few items to add to this. Minor but I do think they should have been in the base game.

Workshop repair tabbing (yes there is a mod, and supposedly there is the feature in seasons but not in the base game).

I would like to see the ability to unload my sprayers back into bulk storage tanks. I can fill off a bulk tank that can hold fertilzer, but can currently only unload into IBC's even if I am next to a half full bulk tank with fertilzer.

A minor Peev but still. Poplar planting, since it takes so long to plant any quantity (given you can only plant 1 row at a time), how about a planter that doesn't skip spots when it plants. That should have been caught (and fixed) in QA.

I'm sure I have a few more but cannot think of them right now.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Variable prices on seed and fertilizer like the crops sell prices. Would like to have bulk storage silos for seed and fertilizer and you would have to buy the seed or fertilizer from a store and then store it. Like buy during fall or winter cheaper than in spring.
IanM

Post by IanM »

Minor changes...?
1. drop the parcels of land and go back to individual fields please. Farmers do not buy fields three or five at a time. They buy the ones they want.
2. ALL Animals poop. not just cows and sheep.
3. another vote for the selectable crops. Sugar cane and cotton are just not grown in central Europe. Being able to select the maximum 'allowed' from a broader selection would please a lot of people.
4. Farmers do not deliver milk to dairies. It is collected.
5. more breeds of the base animals. Different breeds of cattle if you are a dairy farmer or are more into beef production. Same with sheep. Meat animals or wool. Do you want to breed chickens for the table or for eggs. ALSO sexed. You need a bull, or a ram to breed as we all know you cant breed anything if you only have females. Goats would be a good Animal to add. Milk, meat and skins! (and poop).
6.Another sell point and more in line with real life. Sale of bales to district heating production.
7. A new section in the shop and mods for ALL the seasons things.
8.Pay attention to the mods. If a mod is so popular, be it seasons, a gearbox mod, better animal systems or anything else, it means that they are wanted by the people using the game. Find a way to include them in the base.
9. Although it is always nice with huge new machines on the farm there is still a need for older machines...
10. Around the world there is a massive interest in homesteading. Small private farms that are family owned for their private consumption and to make enough on the side to live.... Could be an interesting angle to look into. Insted of as big as you can get and make a fortune, how small can you keep it and still make a living.
Toastedfrog0696

Post by Toastedfrog0696 »

What i would like to see is the ability to strap and or chain all equipment or other loads to the flat beds, and drop decks. Also, the possibility of tarps for the flat beds. As for other aspects, I would like to see more americanized forestry equipment in the base game as well as maps.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

IanM wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:23 pm Minor changes...?
1. drop the parcels of land and go back to individual fields please. Farmers do not buy fields three or five at a time. They buy the ones they want.
2. ALL Animals poop. not just cows and sheep.
3. another vote for the selectable crops. Sugar cane and cotton are just not grown in central Europe. Being able to select the maximum 'allowed' from a broader selection would please a lot of people.
4. Farmers do not deliver milk to dairies. It is collected.
5. more breeds of the base animals. Different breeds of cattle if you are a dairy farmer or are more into beef production. Same with sheep. Meat animals or wool. Do you want to breed chickens for the table or for eggs. ALSO sexed. You need a bull, or a ram to breed as we all know you cant breed anything if you only have females. Goats would be a good Animal to add. Milk, meat and skins! (and poop).
6.Another sell point and more in line with real life. Sale of bales to district heating production.
7. A new section in the shop and mods for ALL the seasons things.
8.Pay attention to the mods. If a mod is so popular, be it seasons, a gearbox mod, better animal systems or anything else, it means that they are wanted by the people using the game. Find a way to include them in the base.
9. Although it is always nice with huge new machines on the farm there is still a need for older machines...
10. Around the world there is a massive interest in homesteading. Small private farms that are family owned for their private consumption and to make enough on the side to live.... Could be an interesting angle to look into. Insted of as big as you can get and make a fortune, how small can you keep it and still make a living.
1. You actually buy Parcells of land irl not just the field. You buy everything that surrounds it. That includes trees, telephone poles, waterways, etc. If a house and buildings are there, you can buy that separately. We have a section of fields that are separated by a driveway. In game they would be 2 separate fields, but in reality they are one.
4. Some of the smaller diary farmers delivery their milk still, but yes in reality it is picked up.
5. You don't need a male to impregnate animals anymore. You can artificial inseminate. All of our pigs and cattle are done that way now. The sheep we still use a ram, but you can do it to them too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Deereslayer wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:40 pm Variable prices on seed and fertilizer like the crops sell prices. Would like to have bulk storage silos for seed and fertilizer and you would have to buy the seed or fertilizer from a store and then store it. Like buy during fall or winter cheaper than in spring.
I really like this idea! Something that you completely forget about after playing the game for so long. A lot of times a farmer's bottom line at the end of the year has just as much do with how you buy your inputs as it does with how you market your commodities!