Mac M1 and FS19

Burgijs

Re: Mac M1 and FS19

Post by Burgijs »

I wrote to them in support about whether I make sense of preorder farming simulator 22 on a macbook m1 and whether it supports m1 processor, to which they answer that it is not yet possible to provide such information and advised to wait and how much I realized later they will release news about whether the m1 processor will be supported or not, but until then-wait.
As for fs19 I have a steam version and also the same problem as you all — after 2-3 crashes in minutes.

(p.s sorry for my crapy english)
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Matpitch wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:14 am
MagicBoy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:17 pm
Matpitch wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 am I was wondering if this bug is still not fixed or if it is..??
I don't believe it's a bug, as stated in my previous posts. Rosetta isn't a miracle worker - it's doing it's best.
Its not a game bug ( well kinda ) but it also is a OS bug, so its still a bug
A bug is unexpected behaviour or a fault.

Rosetta is intended to make Intel application code run on ARM, which it's successfully doing. The issue with M1 and FS19 is that the Giants engine is intended for an AMD/NVidia dedicated GPU as stated in the system requirements. The Apple Silicon has integrated graphics that don't support the same feature set or have dedicated VRAM.

You wouldn't state it was a bug when it fails to run on an Intel iGPU...

Therefore it's not a bug in the OS or Rosetta. It's just a step too far, until Apple add an AMD dGPU via PCIe to newer Apple Silicon.
jamesfalky

Post by jamesfalky »

So… has anyone got FS22 running on an M1 Mac (Mini, iMac or MacBook) before I take the plunge?
jupiterking

Post by jupiterking »

jamesfalky wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:51 pm So… has anyone got FS22 running on an M1 Mac (Mini, iMac or MacBook) before I take the plunge?
Apparently only the version on GIANTS is currently native M1. The copy from Steam doesn't work yet and instantly crashes :(
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

The requirements on Giant's purchase page still says "Intel Core i5-3330 or AMD FX-8320 or better". While the M1 is arguably better, I would wait unit the M1 is specifically listed or Giants confirms it works.

A programmer from Paradox, the developer of the popular grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV, recently said they have no immediate plans to develop specifically for the M1. At least for them, the Mac is a small portion of their user base, and within that, the M1 users are almost negligible. Of course, more M1 machines are being sold all the time, and some of the usage numbers could be a matter of the chicken and the egg. ie, Game Develpers aren't writing for it as few people are gaming on it, and few people are gaming on it because software isn't being updated for it.
jamesfalky

Post by jamesfalky »

I have been running FS22 on an M1 Mac Mini for a month or so now, never had any crashing issues, it seems to run fine. It does only run at around 25fps on 4k resolution with high graphics settings, I need to try on different settings to see if I can up it, but it's certainly playable at that. I could also try closing the many spreadsheets and Chrome tabs the wife leaves open in the background too! :lol:
Albie Sampson

Post by Albie Sampson »

apparently it doesn't work with a M1 Processor (at least thats what i think) anyway its a great game *thumbsup* still sad i cant play though