Combine XPerience

norfolk farmer

Re: Combine XPerience

Post by norfolk farmer »

Noraf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:27 am Yes i can, Linky
This is another option perhaps, I don't use the options for front and rear linkage but I'm sure I've have seen key bindings for them.

https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Noraf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:27 am Yes i can, Linky
Funnily enough I already use that mod lol. I have never found bindings for raising specific implements. I'll have to read through again and see what I missed. Thanks for bringing that to light for me *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

Hi yumi
Is there a chance to see this mod in FS 22?
yumi

Post by yumi »

kwadrat530 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:37 pm Hi yumi
Is there a chance to see this mod in FS 22?
Hello kwadrat530,

Yes for sure, I'm on it.
The mod starts to be working well. I need to take some time to perform several tests with various harvesters and tools being impacted on different crops and check there is no big problem before pushing it to modhub.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Oh, that looks great, can't wait to use it again. It was such a game changer in FS19.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Iffycracker

Post by Iffycracker »

Great news! One of the best gameplay mods in fs19 in my opinion, can´t wait to use it in 22.
Estonian farming enthusiast
Virtual farmer since FS 09
IRL farming student since 21
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

This is something that has always been missing from FS.
For example: why buy a Claas Trion 750 as you can 720, it is cheaper and will do exactly the same amount of work, no sense.
I'm trying to understand the Giants, maybe they just don't want to favor any manufacturer or model of combine. I also think that John Deer would not want their X9 to be less efficient than the Lexion 8900, just because it has a weaker engine;)
Anyway, I'm glad that the mod is being developed and if you are looking for a beta tester, I apply, maybe GitHub?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Thanks Yumi, looking forward to one of my favourites!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello,

Thanks for your messages :coolnew:
That's exactly why I created the mod.
Actually, in basegame, why buy a big combine (apart from grain tank capacity) if you can just buy a big cutter

moreRealistic fan !
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

I am also really pleased this mod is moving to FS22. But I too would like to see a change in header reel speed. FS22 seems even faster than FS19. I manually slowed it in FS19 but to be realistic, at the very least the reel should rotate at the same forward speed as the combine.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Rumble wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:40 am I am also really pleased this mod is moving to FS22. But I too would like to see a change in header reel speed. FS22 seems even faster than FS19. I manually slowed it in FS19 but to be realistic, at the very least the reel should rotate at the same forward speed as the combine.
Hello,
Yes I remember this request (it's still there: https://github.com/yumi-modding/FS19_CombineXP/issues/1)
I'll try to do it this time, maybe not on first release, but I keep it in mind.
Thanks
moreRealistic fan !
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

I tested the version from GitHub in wheat and I think that the "coef" in FS22 must be 1 because at 1.5 the combines achieve unrealistic performance (Lexion 8900 significantly exceeds 150 t/h). As a benchmark, you can take the X9 1100 which, according to John Deer, reaches 100 t/h and with a "coef" of 1, this is exactly what he does in the game. Overall it's a great idea with this Mode Select UI and thanks for sharing on GitHub
yumi

Post by yumi »

Hello kwadrat530,
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed also speed limit was high but when i compared with the implementation on FS19 it seemed to be similar.
I'll make additional tests.
You might also notice now that there is a setting directly accessible in game(Ctrl+C) allowing 3 modes: arcade (100% boost power and no "moisture" effect), normal (20% boost power, same as fs19), realistic (no boost)
moreRealistic fan !
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

It seems to me that in FS22 the crops have a different weight and you have to adjust the "coef" all over again.
I sent you on GitHub suggestions for changes so that the time of the day affects the load on the combine, I don't know if it's written correctly because I'm not a programmer but it works. By the way, there is a different "coef" after testing in wheat, potatoes and beetroot
yumi

Post by yumi »

In FS22, fill types mass are correct (they were half real value in FS19 by default, a mod enabled to set real value)
I'll have a look at your changes but for now i did not really understand what it does exactly.
moreRealistic fan !