Combine XPerience

kwadrat530

Re: Combine XPerience

Post by kwadrat530 »

The point is that in bad hours the combine does not bother with it, it has the same speed and the load reaches unrealistic values

kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

Okay, probably solved problem, I use your variable "mrCombineLimiter.loadMultiplier" to calculate the variable "maxAvgArea" which directly affects the performance of the combine. I'll post on GitHub

Now, according to combineXP.xml, at 6 o'clock the mowing performance of maize should drop as much as 5 times
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Finally got around to trying it out. Most definitely a game changer that adds some much needed flavour to harvesting. That said, it needs some tuning. Seemed a bit odd to see the Ideal T10 racing through sorghum at 12km/h while the X9 could barely manage 7km/h. Sure, the Ideal had a narrower header, but it certainly doesn't seem as it should have that much of a speed advantage, all other things being equal. Still - I love it. I wish I had tried it sooner. I hope you will continue to develop and tweak this further.
yumi

Post by yumi »

mackintosh wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 am Finally got around to trying it out. Most definitely a game changer that adds some much needed flavour to harvesting. That said, it needs some tuning. Seemed a bit odd to see the Ideal T10 racing through sorghum at 12km/h while the X9 could barely manage 7km/h. Sure, the Ideal had a narrower header, but it certainly doesn't seem as it should have that much of a speed advantage, all other things being equal. Still - I love it. I wish I had tried it sooner. I hope you will continue to develop and tweak this further.
Hello,

With the last changes I made on my side (not on github yet) I get this:
JD X1100 (700hp) + HD45x (13.7m) in fully fertilized wheat (14T/ha) => ~6 km/h at 100% engine power ~ 100 T/h
Ideal 10T (790hp) + DynaFlex 8255 (12m) in fully fertilized wheat (14T/ha) => ~7 km/h at 100% engine power ~ 110 T/h

Same computation for all crops (with different yield and mass per liter of course). For Sorghum I expect to see similar values than for wheat.

By default Ideal should be around 13% better since it has 13% more engine power.

moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Sweet, looking forward to this update, thank you :)
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

I think that an activated chopper could take away about 10% of the combine's power and emptying the tank about 5%
MichaelD.

Post by MichaelD. »

Hope the final Release in FS 22 is not to far in the future. I loved it in FS 19! One of the best realism mods!
MichaelD.

Post by MichaelD. »

Now i found two issues. First when driving in the green Part (precision farming) it says its to wet.
Second. When changing the harvester its not in realistic mode. You have to change it to arcade for example and then back to realistic to get 100% engine load.
yumi

Post by yumi »

The mod was pushed to modhub some months ago but refused due to MP issue around settings.
I need to take time to review this before pushing again.
Recently i was more on making ContractorMod works. Now it's functional I should switch back to CombineXP and finally release it.
moreRealistic fan !
MichaelD.

Post by MichaelD. »

Great news!
MichaelD.

Post by MichaelD. »

Hey Yumi! Thanks for the New Combine XP!

But i have something what i dont like. Playing realistic and the Power usage is always up to 120-150% (whats way to high) and im just driving around 3km/h. In FS 19 i changed it by myself so its always around 100% at a speed around 4 to 5 and the speed changes were smoother. But this time i'm to stupid to find the right settings to change. Arcade Mode feels a little bit closer to reality. But the Power usage is way to high with 170%. Hope you will "fix" this for a better experience *thumbsup*

And its still not saving the last played Mode. It always switches back to normal when game was started new.

(why is there a Power boost for the Claas Torion 1914? This confuses me)
Last edited by MichaelD. on Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crash

Post by crash »

Tried it with older combines jd6600 and 7700 on Middleburgh, the harvesters need height adjustable headers for this to work on this maps starting fields imo
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
yumi

Post by yumi »

MichaelD. wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:06 pm Hey Yumi! Thanks for the New Combine XP!

But i have something what i dont like. Playing realistic and the Power usage is always up to 120-150% (whats way to high) and im just driving around 3km/h. In FS 19 i changed it by myself so its always around 100% at a speed around 4 to 5 and the speed changes were smoother. But this time i'm to stupid to find the right settings to change. Arcade Mode feels a little bit closer to reality. But the Power usage is way to high with 170%. Hope you will "fix" this for a better experience *thumbsup*

And its still not saving the last played Mode. It always switches back to normal when game was started new.

Hello
Thanks foe the feedback
Please be sure to harvest during the afternoon to see the max speed if the Daytime limit is enabled (by default). In realistic mod you're not supposed to be able to drive at more than 100% except if it's on the morning.
I have several people pointing a settings save issue. I need to deliver a fix.
moreRealistic fan !
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

yumi wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:42 am
MichaelD. wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:06 pm Hey Yumi! Thanks for the New Combine XP!

Hello
Thanks foe the feedback
Please be sure to harvest during the afternoon to see the max speed if the Daytime limit is enabled (by default). In realistic mod you're not supposed to be able to drive at more than 100% except if it's on the morning.
I have several people pointing a settings save issue. I need to deliver a fix.
Hi yumi
I sent you changes on Github that fix the above problems, have been testing them for weeks and everything works

All changes are described in comments
drewCZ

Post by drewCZ »

Hello Yumi,
It seems to be like a conflict between CX and FS22_realSpeedLimit.zip mod.
After starting fieldwork, in a few moments reel stops and then combine also.
When R.S.L. is removed, it doesn't happen.

Only notice, without any expectations. Thank you for the CX mod!
Cheers
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery