Combine XPerience

yumi

Combine XPerience

Post by yumi »

Hello,

I open this topic if you have suggestions or feedbacks on the mod.
This is a short video I made to present it.

Issues are listed here
https://github.com/yumi-modding/FS19_CombineXP/issues

Yumi
Last edited by yumi on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
BulletBill

Re: Combine XPerience

Post by BulletBill »

Just wanted to drop a note of appreciation for this mod. Although I don't play Fs19 at all, I love the aspect of this mod.
To many it might appear subtle or hardly worth having in there mods folder, but it's mods like this that stop an aspect of the game like harvesting becoming repetitive.
It adds such a nice variable dynamic to harvesting which personally adds to the enjoyment. It makes the whole aspect more engaging and in depth.
Respect to you sir.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Downloaded it as soon as I got the chance, will give it a try this evening. Ive wanted a separate on/off for the separator and feeder house for the longest time
Playing on PC and PS4
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Is there a way to control the header reel speed also? it looks goofy with the combine doing 3mph and the reel screaming around at it would for 6mph.
I've only been harvesting with it for about 20 min but so far I like it.

It is going to take some adjusting to get used to realistic speeds as far as time management but that's ok.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
yumi

Post by yumi »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:44 pm Just wanted to drop a note of appreciation for this mod. Although I don't play Fs19 at all, I love the aspect of this mod.
To many it might appear subtle or hardly worth having in there mods folder, but it's mods like this that stop an aspect of the game like harvesting becoming repetitive.
It adds such a nice variable dynamic to harvesting which personally adds to the enjoyment. It makes the whole aspect more engaging and in depth.
Respect to you sir.
Thanks BulletBill for your comment :hi:
moreRealistic fan !
yumi

Post by yumi »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:03 am Is there a way to control the header reel speed also? it looks goofy with the combine doing 3mph and the reel screaming around at it would for 6mph.
I've only been harvesting with it for about 20 min but so far I like it.

It is going to take some adjusting to get used to realistic speeds as far as time management but that's ok.
I've seen request like this in the forum and already started thinking about it. I can plan to add a reel speed depending on forward speed on future release.
moreRealistic fan !
luc1979

Post by luc1979 »

Hello

I uploaded this mod on our dedicated server and when turn on trashing the hud dissappear.
On single player with the same mods (except seasons) hud is visible;

Edit - tried this mod as only mod od dedi server on base map (Felsbrun) and the same issue - hud is missing when trashing is on.

Regards

L
yumi

Post by yumi »

luc1979 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:46 am Hello

I uploaded this mod on our dedicated server and when turn on trashing the hud dissappear.
On single player with the same mods (except seasons) hud is visible;

Edit - tried this mod as only mod od dedi server on base map (Felsbrun) and the same issue - hud is missing when trashing is on.

Regards

L
Hello,

Thx for the info, I tested on MP but I don't have access to dedi server to test it.
Hud code is inspired from proSeed mod. Do you know if this mod works correctly on dedi ?
moreRealistic fan !
kobay78

Post by kobay78 »

Have same problem on Dedi server ;/ it shows no errors in log ;/
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Hi!

Excellent addition - my only suggestion would be whether we could make the HUD smaller/larger, and move it around to a different place on the screen?

The other issue I'm finding is that the numbers/letters/symbols are not inside the black box currently (I will fetch a screenshot if necessary) - I believe this could be down to the HUD scaling settings, though I need to check that!

Again, fantastic mod. :)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

The header shouldnt be able to be turned on unless the separator is turned on first. The power consumption seems a little extreme IMO. Using the base game MF Activa and accompanying header, I expected speeds to be in the 3-4 mph range, instead its crawling at 1 mph
Last edited by Drmattymd on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PC and PS4
yumi

Post by yumi »

Derplodactyl wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:20 pm Hi!

Excellent addition - my only suggestion would be whether we could make the HUD smaller/larger, and move it around to a different place on the screen?

The other issue I'm finding is that the numbers/letters/symbols are not inside the black box currently (I will fetch a screenshot if necessary) - I believe this could be down to the HUD scaling settings, though I need to check that!

Again, fantastic mod. :)
Hello,

Yes hud could be improved, I wanted something simple at first.
Please share screenshot so I can see why you have text outside the hud.
Thx
moreRealistic fan !
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Even in medium yielding corn it seems to be hard to get up above 4mph, CIH 9240 and a 16 row head in 160 bushel/acre corn goes 4, and a 7230 with an 8 row goes 4 also.
yumi

Post by yumi »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 pm The header shouldnt be able to be turned on unless the separator is turned on first. The power consumption seems a little extreme IMO. Using the base game MF Activa and accompanying header, I expected speeds to be in the 3-4 mph range, instead its crawling at 1 mph
Hello,
Honestly I don't know if header can be turned on first even if I know it's useless. I can change this in the mod
For the MF Activa I see I took directly the basePerf from moreRealistic mod (370) but it seems low compared to the other ones (it would be 460 if computed based on power). You can try to change this value in CombinedXP.xml in resources folder.
moreRealistic fan !
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

Hello
I've been waiting for something like this for a long time but unfortunately the mod is not without its flaws.
The combine does not always use 100% of its power and travels slower than it could drive.
In forage harvesters, the power consumption is so high that even the BigX 1180 with a 9m header drives 2 km / h.
Of course thanks for the work and good luck to you