Combine XPerience

yumi

Re: Combine XPerience

Post by yumi »

Farmercaseih wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:57 pm Different crops also have different ideal moisture levels, like corn at 15% and beans at 13%, but I don't know if that is really necessary for the game
Hello,

Yes I also think it's not necessary to have too much details. Seasons actually computes a global moisture level (the same everywhere in the map for any crop so the number of 20% used to prevent harvesting). So I think taking this into account as simple as that would be a good improvement without too much complexity.
Also I can display the moisture level in the HUD directly while harvesting, it's very simple.

I'm thinking of making available some settings to enable/disable features in the mod but I'm still new to GUI coding in FS19.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Dave467

Post by Dave467 »

Hello yumi,

thank you for your great mod and the idea behind it.
However, we have an issue that is currently bothering us a bit:

We are currently harvesting our maize with the Poettinger MEX 5, and can harvest at max. 2 kmh with a sufficiently motorised tractor.
Is that the way you want it? The workload then fluctuates back and forth between 118% and 230%, whether with a Valtra N154e (165 hp) or a 7230R (269 hp).

I have already tested your updated version from github, where this error also exists.

It would be nice if you could briefly update us here, whether this is a bug or whether you want it that way.

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Dave
yumi

Post by yumi »

Dave467 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 pm Hello yumi,
I have already tested your updated version from github, where this error also exists.

It would be nice if you could briefly update us here, whether this is a bug or whether you want it that way.

Thank you in advance

Best regards
Dave
Hello Dave,

Thanks for the message. I will reproduce the issue and see how to improve the situation. I tested some trailed harvester but not for maize, so I might change the power factor more close to forage harvester I guess.
I'll share a zip with you asap.

Yumi
moreRealistic fan !
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

Hello Yumi

I analyzed the script and by removing a small fragment I made the harvesters aim for 120% power

Old increase speedlimit:

Code: Select all

if not predictLimitSet then
                        if avgArea>(1.05*maxAvgArea) then
                            --reduce speedlimit
                            spec.speedLimit = math.max(2, math.min(spec.speedLimit, avgSpeed*3.6) - 10 * (1 - avgArea/maxAvgArea)^2); --0.1kph step --allow 5% margin to avoid "yo-yo" effect
                            if xpCombine.debug then print("reduce speedlimit "..tostring(spec.speedLimit)) end
                        elseif (3.6*avgSpeed)>spec.speedLimit and avgArea<maxAvgArea then -- not limited by the engine, nor by the combine capacity
                            --increase speedlimit
                            spec.speedLimit = math.min(spec.mrGenuineSpeedLimit, spec.speedLimit + 0.1 * (maxAvgArea / avgArea)^3);
                            if xpCombine.debug then print("increase speedlimit "..tostring(spec.speedLimit)) end
                        end
                    end
                end
New increase speedlimit:

Code: Select all

if not predictLimitSet then
                        if avgArea>(1.05*maxAvgArea) then
                            --reduce speedlimit
                            spec.speedLimit = math.max(2, math.min(spec.speedLimit, avgSpeed*3.6) - 10 * (1 - avgArea/maxAvgArea)^2); --0.1kph step --allow 5% margin to avoid "yo-yo" effect
                            if xpCombine.debug then print("reduce speedlimit "..tostring(spec.speedLimit)) end
                        elseif avgArea<maxAvgArea then -- not limited by the engine, nor by the combine capacity
                            --increase speedlimit
                            spec.speedLimit = math.min(spec.mrGenuineSpeedLimit, spec.speedLimit + 0.1 * (maxAvgArea / avgArea)^3);
                            if xpCombine.debug then print("increase speedlimit "..tostring(spec.speedLimit)) end
                        end
                    end
                end
krateros

Post by krateros »

i like this idea and the to/ha indicator very much but i have this issues:
My combine (john deere 9610 + 843 corn header) goes with 1 KMH and the engine indicator goes constantly from 90% to 300% and back. Also sometimes the combine stops and go like it has a hiccup.
Is this how is supposed to work?
I play with seasons and PF on Ellerbach map.
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

krateros wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:57 pm i like this idea and the to/ha indicator very much but i have this issues:
My combine (john deere 9610 + 843 corn header) goes with 1 KMH and the engine indicator goes constantly from 90% to 300% and back. Also sometimes the combine stops and go like it has a hiccup.
Perhaps the moisture of the plants is too high?
yumi

Post by yumi »

krateros wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:57 pm i like this idea and the to/ha indicator very much but i have this issues:
Hello,
Please share a screenshot. If you have last version with seasons you should see the crop moisture. It's ok until 15, above it will slow down the combine.
moreRealistic fan !
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

What I find is when using the pickup header with the foragers, It only goes 2-3km which is fairly annoying while picking up rows of grass in an 8 acre field.
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
krateros

Post by krateros »

Hello,
Please share a screenshot. If you have last version with seasons you should see the crop moisture. It's ok until 15, above it will slow down the combine.

I didn't get a screenshot unfortunatelly. The moisture was 20%.
yumi

Post by yumi »

ChiefContractor wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:41 am What I find is when using the pickup header with the foragers, It only goes 2-3km which is fairly annoying while picking up rows of grass in an 8 acre field.
Hello,
I need to check and fix trailed harvester. I observed issue also after someone pointed it.
I'll push this in next release.
moreRealistic fan !
yumi

Post by yumi »

krateros wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:05 am
Hello,

As you can see here, 20% crop moisture will result in 30% of max speed in the same condition with moisture < 15%.
So if you have a powerful harvester with small header in a low yield field it could work (you might expect 5kph for ex) but if your combine is less powerful and yield is high you will have to wait for the crop to dry during the day. Moisture is updated every hour. Depending on the season day it might be better in the afternoon/evening.

moreRealistic fan !
Dave467

Post by Dave467 »

yumi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 pm
Hello,

As you can see here, 20% crop moisture will result in 30% of max speed in the same condition with moisture < 15%.
So if you have a powerful harvester with small header in a low yield field it could work (you might expect 5kph for ex) but if your combine is less powerful and yield is high you will have to wait for the crop to dry during the day. Moisture is updated every hour. Depending on the season day it might be better in the afternoon/evening.

Is this chart also used when chopping corn for silage production, since it is common to chop wet corn to use moisture then in the silo for fermentation?
yumi

Post by yumi »

Dave467 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 pm
yumi wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 pm

Is this chart also used when chopping corn for silage production, since it is common to chop wet corn to use moisture then in the silo for fermentation?
Hello,
That's a very good remark. I think it's used also for silage but it should not. I guess silage is possible when moisture is higher than 20% in seasons and so I should disable this fonction in this case also.
moreRealistic fan !
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We try to cut silage at 28 to 30 percent moisture. Two years ago a lot of the corn never got before 30 percent. Ours was roughly 26 and still combined at 4 mph. It is better fit fermenting and the cows like it better. The high moisture corn is around 24 to 26 percent.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

For corn silage you typically want the moisture around 60-70 percent when chopping it. To make the game parallel realism it would be a little tricky I think.