Combine XPerience

DEERE317

Re: Combine XPerience

Post by DEERE317 »

I’ve seen some operations (smaller PT’s) that do stuff that can be combined it’s so dry.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
yumi

Post by yumi »

In the mod I'll just check if allowThreshingDuringRain is set to prevent this moisture speed limit
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Procobator wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm For corn silage you typically want the moisture around 60-70 percent when chopping it. To make the game parallel realism it would be a little tricky I think.
Are you talking all materials or just the corn? If just the corn that's really really high. All material is about right with that percentage.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm
Procobator wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm For corn silage you typically want the moisture around 60-70 percent when chopping it. To make the game parallel realism it would be a little tricky I think.
Are you talking all materials or just the corn? If just the corn that's really really high. All material is about right with that percentage.
At that point it isn’t corn, but yellow paste.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

When harvesting corn for silage, you look at the plant as a whole. It’s a little bit different than harvesting it for the grain. You typically want around 30 percent dry matter once you start the ensilage process.

And you do actually get a yellow paste when using a kernel processor.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We go off of the corn moisture. That's really only because we have to open up with our combine in order to chop it. We move from silage to high moisture corn to putting corn through the dryer for the pigs.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Procobator wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm When harvesting corn for silage, you look at the plant as a whole. It’s a little bit different than harvesting it for the grain. You typically want around 30 percent dry matter once you start the ensilage process.

And you do actually get a yellow paste when using a kernel processor.
Assuming that was directed at me, I'm familiar (within the reason of watching operations do it) with the process of Silage. I know that the whole crop is taken in and is different than combining. And my yellow paste comment was referring to high moisture (70% was thrown around earlier in this thread) would be a paste, not a kernel while on the plant.
kwadrat530

Post by kwadrat530 »

Hi Yumi, I sent you a proposal for a little code change on GitHub
I have been testing this modification for several days and the harvesters have no problem to achieve maximum power and speed
yumi

Post by yumi »

kwadrat530 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:46 pm Hi Yumi, I sent you a proposal for a little code change on GitHub
I have been testing this modification for several days and the harvesters have no problem to achieve maximum power and speed
Hello,
Thanks for this code.
I had a quick look with your changes. From first impression, if you set max speed you will be quickly between 120% and 150% engine load. Why not.
I admit I don't know why this piece of code (compare average speed with speedLimit) is there since globally it comes from moreRealistic.
I'll make more tests and probably push the change to github for next release.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Hello yumi, I am really enjoying the update, thank you *thumbsup* . The only thing I noticed is that if you don't have the harvester selected (I personally keep the header selected to raise/lower easily), then you will not see the info in the menu bottom right about tons/acre, percentage of load, etc. Wondering if there's a way to add that where you can have any tool selected?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

You can use the advanced vehicle mod, witch let's you set a binding to rise/lower the front or rear implements even if they aren't selected, and also turn them on or off.

It also adds a couple of other handy things, like selectable 4x4 and diff locks.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Nice mod enjoying using it. Have pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Noraf wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:49 pm You can use the advanced vehicle mod, witch let's you set a binding to rise/lower the front or rear implements even if they aren't selected, and also turn them on or off.

It also adds a couple of other handy things, like selectable 4x4 and diff locks.
Would you be able to give me a mod link for this please? :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes i can, Linky
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
keeganleach

Post by keeganleach »

Is there a way away to control the speed of the unloading of the grain? Like be able turn it up to go faster to unload and also slow down. That would be a nice thing to have when I run between two combines as one is uploading I am on the other one until that one filled.