Newbie help

nelmsm

Newbie help

Post by nelmsm »

Just picked this up on the Steam Fall sale. Worked through the tutorials and understand what needs to be done but what I have a hard time doing is actually driving the equipment. Finally got where I can crank the cruise control down to about 10 and then just steer. Is there any tricks to driving or is it something that only practice will take care of?
radar2kde

Re: Newbie help

Post by radar2kde »

As such, it is actually fairly easy to drive around in a tractor or other vehicles, however, it all depends "how" you play the game, for example with a joypad or a steering wheel, will make your experience different to a keyboard.

But also, as with most things, practice makes perfect :-)
Guil

Post by Guil »

Welcome to the forum. Are you using a keyboard or a controller? There is a number of mods that can help with both
nelmsm

Post by nelmsm »

I'm using the keyboard. This a lot different than anything I've played before so these old fingers aren't used to driving like this
Guil

Post by Guil »

Are you familiar with modhub? Easiest way is to go into mods or modhub on the main menu. It will download and store the mods in the correct folder.

After clicking on mods press the space bar to search and type keyboard
Click search and keyboard steering should be one of the first few you see. Follow the buttons on screen to install it.
Go through the tabs at the top, 2nd or 3rd is downloads, when that is finished come back out of the mod menu and the game will prompt you to restart to load the mod.

Select the game save as normal and the next screen will prompt you to select mods to load for the game. Put a check in the box beside keyboard steering and then press continue to load the game.

Have fun :biggrin2:
nelmsm

Post by nelmsm »

Thanks I'll give that a try.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Why not trying a controller? There are pretty cheap ones working well and does give more fun and accuracy
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

The keyboard steering app just showed an update on the mod hub.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.