Mods: Vehicle and Building Prices?

mschaffer66

Mods: Vehicle and Building Prices?

Post by mschaffer66 »

Let me preface this by saying, I'm not "that guy" and I don't want to be "that guy". So please don't take this post as just another ungrateful person bitching about things given to them for free. I have immense respect and gratitude for the people that make mods for this game. It's something that I don't have the ability to do. Kudos to you.

What I'm wondering is, where do people get their pricing data? For example, there is a mod on Modhub for a JCB TM320 that just popped up. It's listed as 65,000 euros, which is roughly $75,000. A Google search of machinery dealers shows that those machines go for more like $130-$160k brand new. Another example is in the map I'm currently playing on I just plunked down some giant 6 bin silo system... $40k. or a 70x140 garage for like $25k.

I enjoy the realism of this game and the struggles that go with it. Do I buy some junky little tractor and take 2 real life evenings of playing to harvest my little field or do I buy a 500k+ combine and get it done in a few minutes?

I've tried modifying the prices in the .xml. But that immediately triggers the mod as needing an update...and if the author ever publishes and update it gets overwritten anyway.

Are there mods out there that can help correct some of these things? Or is just manually doing it the answer? Is there a way to assist others with pricing things? If someone spends the time to come up with an awesome tractor mod I wouldn't mind at all trying to help the guy find an accurate price for it :)

I think the monetary system in the entire game is kind of out of whack, but I don't have the programming skills to fix it. If someone that could fix it and would like to have that discussion at some point I'm game.
Eische

Re: Mods: Vehicle and Building Prices?

Post by Eische »

I'm not aware of a mod that allows to adjust prices of both machinery and buildings. I see manual adjustment as the only workaround for now.
As a PC player I never use the ingame modhub. I always check the website for updates.

For prices:
That's always the tricky question. Prices are just one example where too much realism will break the game. I'm pretty sure most players are glad there are cheap farm silos available.
A cheap traktor (pretenting to be a old version) has no disadvantage compared to an expensive brand new one. Wich one would you by ingame, especially if budget is tight?

Modders choose the prices depending how they feel is best for gameplay. Having the JCB in your example priced at 130k would make it the most expensive telehandler compared to the default ones.

I'm not bothering in changing the pricetag on all buildings/machines I use. Depending on what I feel is best I will simply adjust my farms cash accordingly:
- pretending to buy an used traktor? Buy it at full price and give some money back
- building is way too cheap? remove money afterwards
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

mschaffer66 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm
First of all, welcome to the forums.
Don't forget that Farming Simulator is just a game, nothing more and nothing less.
There is a mod that lets you buy or lease used equipment and is helpful if you start a new game from scratch.

Buy Used Equipment
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

You just have to repair it, fill it with gas if it's a vehicle, wash it if you want, and start using it. This mod can help you when you struggling with money.

Enjoy the game and try to have fun. All the rest are not important IMO.

Happy Farming.
mschaffer66

Post by mschaffer66 »

Eische wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 pm I'm not aware of a mod that allows to adjust prices of both machinery and buildings. I see manual adjustment as the only workaround for now.
As a PC player I never use the ingame modhub. I always check the website for updates.

For prices:
That's always the tricky question. Prices are just one example where too much realism will break the game. I'm pretty sure most players are glad there are cheap farm silos available.
A cheap traktor (pretenting to be a old version) has no disadvantage compared to an expensive brand new one. Wich one would you by ingame, especially if budget is tight?

Modders choose the prices depending how they feel is best for gameplay. Having the JCB in your example priced at 130k would make it the most expensive telehandler compared to the default ones.

I'm not bothering in changing the pricetag on all buildings/machines I use. Depending on what I feel is best I will simply adjust my farms cash accordingly:
- pretending to buy an used traktor? Buy it at full price and give some money back
- building is way too cheap? remove money afterwards
Thanks for the information...and the check. That's true...I'm probably trying to take the fun out of the game and I don't even realize it. haha

There is probably a fine balance between realism and not being fun.

What have you found is a good time scale to make the time you put in in real life kinda equal to what you should be getting done in the game? For example, logging, I can spend 100k on some land, a few grand on leasing the most bad a$$ logging equipment in the game, and by the time I've logged off that land I've made back my money 10x...or more. If I do that at real time I'm making a million dollars a day
mschaffer66

Post by mschaffer66 »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:39 pm
mschaffer66 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm
First of all, welcome to the forums.
Don't forget that Farming Simulator is just a game, nothing more and nothing less.
There is a mod that lets you buy or lease used equipment and is helpful if you start a new game from scratch.

Buy Used Equipment
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

You just have to repair it, fill it with gas if it's a vehicle, wash it if you want, and start using it. This mod can help you when you struggling with money.

Enjoy the game and try to have fun. All the rest are not important IMO.

Happy Farming.
Thank you for the welcome. I've lurked here for a bit. I'm addicted to this silly game. lol

Like I said to the other guy's post. Thank you for the information and I'm probably trying to ruin the game and turn it into fantasy accounting...lol

I use the Buy Used mod. But it almost feels like cheating. I think it goes back to like the guy above said about old vs new tractor. A used tractor is a huge price savings, but there really isn't a huge draw back to doing it.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

The map medicine creek has more realistic prices and has pallets of seed that are more realistic as well. I think the prices giants sets are to keep the game balanced between fun and a grind. I think if they set the prices to real life you would find it extremely difficult to make much money.
Eische

Post by Eische »

mschaffer66 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:59 pm
What have you found is a good time scale to make the time you put in in real life kinda equal to what you should be getting done in the game? For example, logging, I can spend 100k on some land, a few grand on leasing the most bad a$$ logging equipment in the game, and by the time I've logged off that land I've made back my money 10x...or more. If I do that at real time I'm making a million dollars a day
This highly depends on your own.
I tried out different play styles. Even fully realistic (in what the game can provide) using realistic prices for crops and all that stuff. For me as I only spend 2 hrs a day at max in the game it is only fun if you don't care about "progress". With progress I mean starting small going big.
It just takes too long. I really like to have multiple options on what to do right now. I decide what I want to do depending on my mood. Harvest a field? Nah, not today. Landscaping my farm, putting new buldings? heck yeah, let's go. Next day can be totally different.

Don't care about money in the game. Or in other words: don't let money restrict you in any way of having fun.
There are mods available too give you a lot of money for free. There a mods available which are deducting money if you feel like you have too much. It does not matter how anyone else is playing to have fun. It's all up to you.

The only thing FS19 is not doing right in my opinion:
It does not have an ultimate goal to reach like pretty much any other game. Goals give you motivation. Without goals, no motivation? True, but you can set your own goals.
My current goal?
How many animals can I care for doing everything on my own with a certain amount of land owned. No hired workers, no autodrive, no automatic waterpumps, ...
As mentioned, I don't care about money. I try to improve all aspects to care for as many animals as possible. Even this offers different ways to experiment. Should I only concentrate on one animal type? Should I have all kinds of animals? Using grass for silage or planting corn? How much straw do I really need? Should I use a silage bunker silo or do silage bales?

Just experiment different things. Harvesting a field can be extremely satisfiying and relaxing if you do it all by yourself.
If you feel like logging would be fun now? Get the machines and start the job. Don't pressure yourself saying "I need to go fast to make enough money to pay for them". It won't be fun.
Instead, try different ways in forestry:
- going big and cutting hundreds of trees using autoload trailers to haul them?
- doing chainsaw massacre only using small wood crane trailer practicing crane handling?
- Chopping trees down to make woodchips using those mobile chippers?
Just three different ways to do forestry in the game that all can be fun.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
mschaffer66

Post by mschaffer66 »

Eische wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:10 pm
mschaffer66 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:59 pm
This highly depends on your own.
I tried out different play styles. Even fully realistic (in what the game can provide) using realistic prices for crops and all that stuff. For me as I only spend 2 hrs a day at max in the game it is only fun if you don't care about "progress". With progress I mean starting small going big.
It just takes too long. I really like to have multiple options on what to do right now. I decide what I want to do depending on my mood. Harvest a field? Nah, not today. Landscaping my farm, putting new buldings? heck yeah, let's go. Next day can be totally different.

Don't care about money in the game. Or in other words: don't let money restrict you in any way of having fun.
There are mods available too give you a lot of money for free. There a mods available which are deducting money if you feel like you have too much. It does not matter how anyone else is playing to have fun. It's all up to you.

The only thing FS19 is not doing right in my opinion:
It does not have an ultimate goal to reach like pretty much any other game. Goals give you motivation. Without goals, no motivation? True, but you can set your own goals.
My current goal?
How many animals can I care for doing everything on my own with a certain amount of land owned. No hired workers, no autodrive, no automatic waterpumps, ...
As mentioned, I don't care about money. I try to improve all aspects to care for as many animals as possible. Even this offers different ways to experiment. Should I only concentrate on one animal type? Should I have all kinds of animals? Using grass for silage or planting corn? How much straw do I really need? Should I use a silage bunker silo or do silage bales?

Just experiment different things. Harvesting a field can be extremely satisfiying and relaxing if you do it all by yourself.
If you feel like logging would be fun now? Get the machines and start the job. Don't pressure yourself saying "I need to go fast to make enough money to pay for them". It won't be fun.
Instead, try different ways in forestry:
- going big and cutting hundreds of trees using autoload trailers to haul them?
- doing chainsaw massacre only using small wood crane trailer practicing crane handling?
- Chopping trees down to make woodchips using those mobile chippers?
Just three different ways to do forestry in the game that all can be fun.
I like the way you think. Thank you!
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I was not too happy with the default prices on crops, land, and farm supply. That got me started learning how to make mods. While I'm far from as clever as the best modders, RealLifeNumbers offers realistic prices on may things, but not on buildings or equipment.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)