HP to width ratio / depth of working?

Phila

HP to width ratio / depth of working?

Post by Phila »

Hi. I had a bit of a search but could not find this.

Is there an accepted formula for HP needed per metre width of implement to be pulled ? I mean when Giants or modders create a new implement.

If so does it allow / account for depth of use ie deep subsoilers vs crumbler wheels ?

And/ or account for how many rows of discs etc ie ‘depth ‘ of tool horizontally ?

And finallly, any limit affect PTO power ie running a 6m power Harrow Vs a spreader?

Cheers
Mwal

Re: HP to width ratio / depth of working?

Post by Mwal »

Think you best bet would be to look up the implement on a dealers website as there are so many variables involved with horse power requirements to have one good formula.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Phila

Post by Phila »

Sorry if wasn’t clear

I know in RL modern machinery makers will say what HP you need but is that all issues by Giant and Modders ? Just take the ‘hu** info’ ?

What about older stuff where no HP stated?

And then if it is just ‘stated HP’ the the game just slows down the tractor if not enough HP for tool right?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Giants use the hp stated by the dealers. The older equipment had hp stated with them too. They still came with manuals and had restrictions on them. Irl, you will be allowed down, over worked the tractor, use more fuel, etc. I'm not sure in game if you will use more fuel and the maintenance bar will go down quicker along with my being able to pull something or go slower.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Farm Sim will use more fuel, but not because it doesn't meet horsepower requirements, but because you can't pull the implement as fast and therefore have to use more fuel to go the same distance. So it's a yes and no answer.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Phila

Post by Phila »

Thanks all.