Precision Farming time consuming

mirceast19

Precision Farming time consuming

Post by mirceast19 »

Hi,

I apologize that I may not have read all the details about this new precision, so please tell me if it worth the time invested.

I didnt ask about feeling or game playing, not about simulating reality, but, only for financial part, is it worth investing time and resources to increase productivity per hectare, which obviously brings more money? I ask because right now it looks a little nice thing, but I don't know if I'm willing to waste more time and resources ,for nothing, just for fun or game play or for too little financial benefit.

What do you think? Worth it financially in game?
Eische

Re: Precision Farming time consuming

Post by Eische »

It depends on the economy setting you are playing on. Fertilizer is way too cheap on normal and easy setting compared to crop prices.
If you play on hard, it might give you some extra money in the end.

This is especially true if you have loads of manure/slurry/digestate available. You could ramp up the spreading rate and get to full fertilizer level. But you will need a lot of it. Guess you would spend more time on the road then on the field.

Money is not everything! Why are you limiting your game experience because of this?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Eische wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:50 pm Money is not everything! Why are you limiting your game experience because of this?
Money is important to me, because I don't like to use mods to make money artificially, I don't like to mow the grass on the mountains and sell tons of silage per day. First time I like to make some money with wheat, barley... then to buy better (expensive) tractors. I know it is not a racing or truck driving simulator, but I really like the feeling of driving in this game; more than farming. I use very much AI because I don't like to drive 100 straight lines and repeat that over and over again. Im not a farmer in real life. I understand that you can increase the productivity of the land through various agricultural processes, walking several times with the tractor on the fields (as in other games you get more attack or defense if you upgrade your units...), but I am somehow interested in the profitability of these agricultural works. Of course every upgrade you can make is interesting, but not to waste a lot of time for too little extra money.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

So the biggest thing is going to be lowering the amount of inputs into each field. This decreases the amount of time in each field spreading things like lime, or slurry as it is adaptive to the needs of the field. This saves money on workers as well. In the same field I saved roughly 5k from old pass to new pass in labor and material.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

So you're telling me that it's not increasing the productivity of the land, it's just increasing the costs for the same productivity that we had without this DLC? I dont understand.

What is the effect of the RTK stations?
"the worker will work more efficiently" - How? Is he smarter? Does he choose more efficient trajectories?
"save seeds, lime, fuel... money" - Save how? Numbers please?

Right now I understand that I have to work 20% more (and spend about 20% more time) for 5%-10% more money? Just an example.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Try it out and see for yourself would be my advice
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

mirceast19 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:52 pm So you're telling me that it's not increasing the productivity of the land, it's just increasing the costs for the same productivity that we had without this DLC? I dont understand.

What is the effect of the RTK stations?
"the worker will work more efficiently" - How? Is he smarter? Does he choose more efficient trajectories?
"save seeds, lime, fuel... money" - Save how? Numbers please?

Right now I understand that I have to work 20% more (and spend about 20% more time) for 5%-10% more money? Just an example.
Before you can place any crop on any field. What this does give you an idea on what crops u should put in on on what field. For example you could put wheat on any field, but now you can put wheat on certain fields depending on the soil type and the amount of nutrition u put in
Dudeguy

Post by Dudeguy »

This DLC is meant to simulate conditions that are found in real life. Sure you aren’t making a lot more money but it is teaching players how to save the life of the soil. Farmers in real life need to invest in the longevity of their land. I think this is a good DLC and am looking forward to seeing more added to it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

If you're only concerned with making the most money with the least investment, plant soybeans with a direct drill and harvest over and over again.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

You still need some crop rotation wouldn't you? (with seasons anyway)

I think it is too early to really speak on the financials of it, its only been out a day, most people are still just figuring out how it works. I've only fully seeded 1 field on it myself.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Its to simulate real life in my opinion, and it does a pretty good job. Its just to easy to make money already. Crops never fail, machinery never has catastrophic break downs. You just plant harvest repeat. No variables. Adds a real element for alot of people. It won't be for everyone.
garyst

Post by garyst »

The only thing I wish would be that the area where you take the sample on the map would be squared off so you wouldn't have to overlap so much of the area you are sampling.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Yeah it is the worst shape they could come up with for that, at least I figured out how to make it bigger so I don't need 10,000 samples to cover my small farm.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Thats where satellites and drones come in;)
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Ok, don't laugh, this is my pleasure in FS:

In each scenario / map, I try to use one single brand of tractors (JD in Ravenport, Class in Felsbrunn, NewHolland in Estancia Lapacho and so on). I like driving, so i have to test/drive/have fun with all tractors for almost all activities (except forestry, i dont like it); all crops and all animals. I buy best vehicles and tools for wheat, next day I move on barley and so on and I wait to have money for corn and sunflower. And so on. Crop rotation it's natural for me, I just cant's see the fun to make thousands of tons from a single grain. And, remember, no mods for easy money! Of course I dont sell old vehicles and tools. Each tool has its own tractor. So, yes, I need some money... to buy all, not to loan. I don't mind having ~30 tractors, each one with its tool for everything I need, from wheat and cotton to pigs and cows.

I'm pretty stingy, I try to save every penny, I try not to waste time, I work on 1x time (the night is very dark in FS19 and I dont like very much, so sometimes I "sleep" or fast forward 120x if it rains [in Erlengrat it never snows??? very stupid, probably from global warming!!]). I can't resist driving straight 1000 times, so here I spend a lot of money for workers, even if sometimes AI is drunk and I have to correct; each pixel must be covered correctly. I don't like contracts very much, but I made them to get all achievements.

That's why I have a lot of work to do and I'm trying to find out if it's worth the time invested in work and equipments in the new DLC.