no house option

jesterelvis

no house option

Post by jesterelvis »

Is there a way to not have a farmhouse or sleep trigger on certain maps? I tried starting from scratch on some maps were I have no land or equipment. I wanted to live in a static caravan but couldn't place it as only one farmhouse was allowed and I couldn't get rid or sell the current home.
Anyone help with this? Would I need to use GE to remove the home.
Thanks
Missyb

Re: no house option

Post by Missyb »

you need to use the GE look for the xml file either block the comment or delete it
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

You can work around it by starting in Multiplayer. Just start a second farm and you can place another sleep trigger save and exit, reload in single player and you have your placed sleep trigger.

Otherwise Giants Editor is the only way.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I'm at work right now so can't check, but if you look at (I think) the farms.xml you can delete the farmhouse in there, no need to use GE.
amcci1

Post by amcci1 »

You can install the placeanywhere mod. Activate for map your using. When you have your house selected you want to place, hit the number 8 key on keyboard. It disregards ownership, so you can place multiple houses if you want. If you press the 0 key it will keep ground texture where placing. It also works with the landscaping tools, so you can get right up against the road or where ever.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Global Company has the place anywhere built in as well (needs to be toggled on/off in the GC menu) that allows additional sleep triggers. The last trigger placed/used becomes the default.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
jesterelvis

Post by jesterelvis »

great advice from all, thank you very much.