Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

blue_painted

Re: Precision DLC Nitrogen Issue

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:31 pm Anhydrous is actually Anhydrous ammonia. Says it on the tanks ha.
I guessed you didn't mean anhydrous copper sulphate, anhydrous sodium chloride or anhydrous calcium sulphate :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Haha no I don't even know what that is haha. I have heard of each of them just not with anhydrous associated with them ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm Haha no I don't even know what that is haha. I have heard of each of them just not with anhydrous associated with them ha.
"anhydrous" means "contains no water", anhydrous ammonia is usually gaseous.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:19 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm Haha no I don't even know what that is haha. I have heard of each of them just not with anhydrous associated with them ha.
"anhydrous" means "contains no water", anhydrous ammonia is usually gaseous.
Anhydrous ammonia indeed contains no water, as, of course, as you point out, that is precisely the definition of the adjective “anhydrous”. However it is not gaseous during storage and application from the big white pressure vessel tanks that you traditionally see it in when used in agriculture. Those tanks are for keeping the product at approximate 75 psi pressure and -50ish C temperature, under which conditions it is liquid ammonia. At atmospheric temperature and pressure it vaporizes, hence why it appears gaseous when escaping from the ground or from a storage vessel. However the intent is to keep it liquid during storage and application, until it can bind with moisture in the soil and become the less volatile ammonium ion.
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

Hi guys, something similar happened to me because I use a GEO that allows me to collect twice a year with seasons, In FS17 it was called Aichi, I took the data from the Crops.xml and put it in seasons, in summer I plant corn and soybeans them which I collect in autumn, then I can sow Wheat, Barley, Oats and the rest, and collect the following year in Summer, and so it repeats. I started using Precision Farming in the middle of the year, I sowed in autumn, the following summer I obtained an excellent yield, even in some areas of the fields it was at 132%, then when planting soybeans I noticed that it did not fertilize, leaving the Nitrogen at 40- 80Kg / H, I thought it was a problem with the DLC, but I went to investigate here and saw this thread and doubts have already been clarified ...

Last night I planted the fields with soybeans, today after work I will start collecting and I will see the issue of nitrogen, if it rises or falls.

I have not tried with corn, but soybeans are not fertilized, (use in automatic) and it says it does not need it ...

Otherwise, the DLC is great, and easy to integrate into users' maps.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

The problem with soybeans not wanting any nitrogen is there is no way to remove leftover nitrogen from the previous crop, so how are we supposed to obtain the best yield for soybeans?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:57 am The problem with soybeans not wanting any nitrogen is there is no way to remove leftover nitrogen from the previous crop, so how are we supposed to obtain the best yield for soybeans?
Flip the beans until its zero lol dedicated bean field lol
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya but I double crop my fields like the person above. Beans and corn planted in spring/summer and wheat and canola planted in fall.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:01 am Ya but I double crop my fields like the person above. Beans and corn planted in spring/summer and wheat and canola planted in fall.
Sounds like you're farming quite the pickle then :lol:
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Beans on beans wouldn't work, they are 0 needed 0 out, I have seen claims they add N but I am testing that myself.

I am having trouble getting my mind around beans also. They need 0 but aside from under fertilizing the previous crop there is no way to lower N values, which would be the dumbest thing Giants has ever done if that is the case.
I am seeding beans on barley stubble and will put canola on after that so I will see what happens on my map. The issue is I am running large fields so my crop years can take days to complete.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:57 am The problem with soybeans not wanting any nitrogen is there is no way to remove leftover nitrogen from the previous crop, so how are we supposed to obtain the best yield for soybeans?
You aren’t, that’s real life farming. You can have these giant yields but as you are finding out that costs you more in the long run because you’re forced to reduce the yields of other crops or not plant anything in those fields in off years. Look at it this way, pick your cash crop and then rotate the others in to compliment that particular crop.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I'm on my 5th iteration of beans on field 4 on the alpine map (6 day seasons, USA simplified geo). In the precision map, pH shows normally. After my first harvest, a very large portion of the nitrogen map disappeared. Each harvest since, more has disappeared. Currently the nitrogen map looks identical to an unowned, untested field, on the other side of the map. Beans on beans bro.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

redglasses wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:01 am Ya but I double crop my fields like the person above. Beans and corn planted in spring/summer and wheat and canola planted in fall.
That isnt double cropping. Double cropping is two harvests in the same year. For example harvesting wheat in the summer, then planting beans and harvesting in the fall.
Playing on PC and PS4
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 pm It’s complicated and I will start with saying I learned this from an agronomist but I’m not nearly as smart as him and will do my best to explain it. Soybeans create there own nitrogen this is correct but they don’t really leave much if anything behind. They just contain it in a higher level in the plant so organisms that eat it don’t eat it from the soil the get what the need from the plant. Some people get confused when the see people putting starter fertilizer on but it’s things like phosphorus that help with beans in starter fertilizer. As far as putting nitrogen onto beans places with high yielding beans (further south than us) have been putting it on when the soybean plant is making pods and have seen increased yields but I can’t speak to this as we were told when people with lower yielding beans like us because of how far north we are and the different type we have to grow don’t see a profitable yield increase when applying nitrogen at the same stage. Maybe Illinoisfarmer or farmercaseih can speak more to this than me since they grow further south.
All we spray on our beans when they are growing is Liberty. We would have had really good beans this year, but we had a drought and they didn't fill out as well. I haven't heard of anyone putting nitrogen on beans like that
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Plant beans after corn or wheat, there will be no nitrogen left.