Precision Farming

Tomgbombt

Precision Farming

Post by Tomgbombt »

So I'm hearing that once a mod map has been updated with a custom Precision Farming layer, that I would need a new savegame (seems reasonable). I am rather fond of my current savegame on No Man's Land so I have an idea for a workaround?

Obviously, I've already saved my game with the default layers. Could I jsut uninstall Precision Farming from modhub, then go back into my game and it stands to reason my game now no longer has it. I save my game and go back to the modhub and download the Precision Farming mod, and update NML (when it's updated). Thsn go back into my save game with a 'new' mod... wouldn't it stand to reason that the NML custom layers owuld now be in my existing game?

The default layer from giants showed up jsut fine in my existing save, so why wouldn't the custom layer for NML when Alien JIm updates the map (if he does so).

Doesn't seem crazy to think that's possible right??
TedGlenn

Re: Precision Farming

Post by TedGlenn »

I don't think it would be quite that easy, I haven't looked yet, but im pretty sure there will be folders and various .xml to do with Precision Farming in your saved game files if you have already saved it in the game. just deleting the mod from MudHub would'nt delete these. If you a had a copy of the saved game before PrecFarm, then "updated" NML to the new one, saved game, then added PrecFarm that possible might work.

There are other options, if a PrecFarm ready verison of NML came out, you could harvest all your crops and whathaveyou in your old save, then start a new save on the PrecFarm ready map and move file from your old save across so that you could still have all your Machinery/land/stored crops/animals etc,
I'm on the right tractor baby,
I was born red and grey!
Tomgbombt

Post by Tomgbombt »

TedGlenn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:09 pm I don't think it would be quite that easy, I haven't looked yet, but im pretty sure there will be folders and various .xml to do with Precision Farming in your saved game files if you have already saved it in the game. just deleting the mod from MudHub would'nt delete these. If you a had a copy of the saved game before PrecFarm, then "updated" NML to the new one, saved game, then added PrecFarm that possible might work.

There are other options, if a PrecFarm ready verison of NML came out, you could harvest all your crops and whathaveyou in your old save, then start a new save on the PrecFarm ready map and move file from your old save across so that you could still have all your Machinery/land/stored crops/animals etc,
Console :-(
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

I had a save game on Welker map on console and added precision mod and had no problems except lost my fertilizer state on already planted crops.
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

Deereslayer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 pm I had a save game on Welker map on console and added precision mod and had no problems except lost my fertilizer state on already planted crops.
Does Welker come with it's own soil map?
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

I started precision farming on Lone Oak after my soybean harvest and the only issue I’ve had is the economics resetting for all values after loading my save.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

NCFarmer3842 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:21 pm I started precision farming on Lone Oak after my soybean harvest and the only issue I’ve had is the economics resetting for all values after loading my save.
I have that issue but i have been using a new save on Erlengrat so I don't think that issue is from using PF on an existing save.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
TedGlenn

Post by TedGlenn »

Deereslayer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 pm I had a save game on Welker map on console and added precision mod and had no problems except lost my fertilizer state on already planted crops.
I think OP is talking about having a saved game with PrecFarm Mod already saved then updating map to PrecFarm Ready map as the soil maps will be differnt
I was born red and grey!
TedGlenn

Post by TedGlenn »

Tomgbombt wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 pm
TedGlenn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:09 pm I don't think it would be quite that easy, I haven't looked yet, but im pretty sure there will be folders and various .xml to do with Precision Farming in your saved game files if you have already saved it in the game. just deleting the mod from MudHub would'nt delete these. If you a had a copy of the saved game before PrecFarm, then "updated" NML to the new one, saved game, then added PrecFarm that possible might work.

Console :-(
In that case, seeing as your playing NML anyway, and probably making your own fields shapes, I dont really see any advantage in an updated NML maps anyway, as Alien Jims soil map probably wouldn't match your field shapes any better than the default one
I was born red and grey!