Precision Farming and contracts

soccerhate

Re: Precision Farming and contracts

Post by soccerhate »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:10 am
soccerhate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am Just did two cultivating and one harvest contract on erlengrat didn't notice any problems. All 3 contracts completed.

Edit: play on ps4 with no other game mods enabled so no precision farming, no seasons, no straw harvest
I don't get it. The thread is on PF. You're reporting you have no problems with PF disabled?)

Um, I boo boo'd :lol: I meant to say I had PF turned on but nothing else like that, but I was still wrong. I did not have PF enabled so ignore the idiocy, or just make fun of me for it. It's cool.
Never meant to, buddy) Just figured there was something amiss)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

soccerhate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:15 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:10 am
soccerhate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 am

I don't get it. The thread is on PF. You're reporting you have no problems with PF disabled?)

Um, I boo boo'd :lol: I meant to say I had PF turned on but nothing else like that, but I was still wrong. I did not have PF enabled so ignore the idiocy, or just make fun of me for it. It's cool.
Never meant to, buddy) Just figured there was something amiss)
No I was amiss. I likely forgot the post was about PF and just gave an answer.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Cheezytoes

Post by Cheezytoes »

I've never failed contracts before PF for being short on crop unless I was expermenting around. I have had 1 harvest contract succeed out of 4 attempts. 2 fails where field 4 in ravenport harvesting oats on ps4. First attempt contract provided harvester that was at 3/4 health. Second attempt was contract provided harvester that I fully repaired. The results where the same as far as crop yield. 1 fail field 6 Erlengrat harvesting sunflowers on pc. 1 success field 10 ravenport harvesting canola. All fields showed a 50 -60 % yield rate afterwards. 1 success on field 10 ravenport ps4. So yes not all harvest contracts are failing but so far im 1 for 4. I've been trying to avoid them unless I have some of the fruit type stowed away or can buy and make up for whats missing. Oats for example.
krateros

Post by krateros »

I had the same problem. Harvested barley and wheat and couldn't get these contracts done. I canceled the mission and charged me money instead of pay me. I noticed that both fields weren't very productive. They were silty clay around 85%. I won't do any harvest contracts until it is fixed.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Clay soil wouldn't give you a prefect yield like the black dirt would. The thing is though, irl you wouldn't be responsible for that contract delivery. The owner of the field is, so you shouldn't be punish for it. For game purposes i would just buy the rest of the crop you need to finish it out.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

redglasses wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:55 pm I wonder if this also goes for bailing contracts.
Yes, I just completed a silage bale contract, took all the bales to the designated store and said it was on 46% complete.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So is it safe to say the Precision Farming mod conflicts and ruins contracts?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:26 pm So is it safe to say the Precision Farming mod conflicts and ruins contracts?
Harvesting contracts, yes. The rest of them are still fine, and the fertilizing ones are even more profitable.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

You can probably use the bug in the base game where you can deliver your own crop and have the proceeds go toward the contract. The game doesn't care who owns the crop, it'll just give the proceeds to the npc.
farmer-toon

Post by farmer-toon »

This nearly identical thing happened with precision farming DLC for FS 19. It took about 2 months to get an update to the DLC that fixed the yield calculations for contracts. It is less obvious on fs22 as all three of my test contracts were within a few % points of being completed. Fs 19 it was like 15-25% on every contract.

After I think the contrasts were even more profitable than before PF dlc released. So here is looking to a much more profitable contract future.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

farmer-toon wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:55 am This nearly identical thing happened with precision farming DLC for FS 19. It took about 2 months to get an update to the DLC that fixed the yield calculations for contracts. It is less obvious on fs22 as all three of my test contracts were within a few % points of being completed. Fs 19 it was like 15-25% on every contract.

After I think the contrasts were even more profitable than before PF dlc released. So here is looking to a much more profitable contract future.
You realise you are saying about this happening on FS 19, in an 18 month old Post about precision farming in fs19?
raran

Post by raran »

Best thing is to not do the harvest contracts the first year around. Make you sure you do the spraying and ferting contracts for the next year and in year 2 the harvesting contracts are fine.

What i've also noticed, but it's a bit cheaky, you can buy a ready to harvest field now, apply Ph and Nitro, spray it for weeds, sell it and then the contract will be profitable again.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I had no issues with new harvesting contracts after installing PF on FS22, I still got around 10-15% extra.

Although it was an issue when it was released on fs19, hence the reason for this thread but I believe it got sorted there too
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm having a massive issue with Harvesting Contracts and Precision Farming. Have tried on five different saves so far, on five different maps, and everytime I complete a Harvest Contract I end up -999,999,999 in money. Using Console Commands or Power Tools it's impossible to correct the bank balance. If I exit the game and load back in the bank balance now shows as 0, meaning I've lost all my money I had and also not been paid for the contract.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Frozen Catalyst

Post by Frozen Catalyst »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:22 pm I'm having a massive issue with Harvesting Contracts and Precision Farming. Have tried on five different saves so far, on five different maps, and everytime I complete a Harvest Contract I end up -999,999,999 in money. Using Console Commands or Power Tools it's impossible to correct the bank balance. If I exit the game and load back in the bank balance now shows as 0, meaning I've lost all my money I had and also not been paid for the contract.
Yes I’ve had the same issue - link below as it appears it’s linked to delivering excess product when completing harvesting/baling contracts.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=190829
Xbox One |FS22| Holmåkra