Precision Farming and contracts

kyleu65

Precision Farming and contracts

Post by kyleu65 »

Since the PF update am I the only one having trouble with harvesting contracts? I harvest a contracted field and take the product to the desired location and after I empty I'm still sitting at 99% contract completion and no way to finish it. So since PF after this started happening I cycled all the fields and started over with cultivating, sowing etc... and this hasn't helped me either. I'm still not being able to complete a contract. Then when I cancel the contract I'm losing my own money in compensation for the crop. I even took PF off after this happened and fields are still not completing the contracts.

Any advice or recommendations?
Cheezytoes

Re: Precision Farming and contracts

Post by Cheezytoes »

I am experiencing the same issue. Tried repairing harvester and header to a 100%. This did not work. Still came up short on crops delivered. It seems when looking at the yield map overlay the yields are only 50 to 60 % for the contract harvest. Getting about 71 to 73 % of the crop needed to be delivered and coming up to 99% contract completion. Im not sure if changing economics from hard to normal will help. I have a failed field im going to retry when it comes back re-pops. I do know if you have enough stores of that particular harvested fruit crop it can be used to complete the contract without loosing the payout and the penalty for loss of the crop.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Harvesting contracts seem to be broken since the PF DLC. Many people are reporting this same issue. Hopefully Giants is working on a fix!
PC & PS4
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Yes, same thing on Welker map with contracts.
Cheezytoes

Post by Cheezytoes »

I can confirm ravenport on ps4 and alpine expansion Erlengrat on clean fresh install on PC.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I wonder if this also goes for bailing contracts.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
NateS

Post by NateS »

redglasses wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:55 pm I wonder if this also goes for bailing contracts.
I did see one report on here of someone being one silage bale short
PC & PS4
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

I was doing a sugar beet contract yesterday and noticed the percentage when transferred to the sell point was at only 70 odd % when i had virtually finished the field and the whole thing was at 99%.. however once i started to harvest again it completed the contract.
Not sure if this is the same kind of issue you guys are having but thought I’d just mention it
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

The contract system simply has not been brought up to date with PF. It is using the soil mask and the base-game set of rules at the same time, simple as that. Here's a quick as proof of concept)

Playing on Erlengrat, PS4, so all tiptop there. Ran this little test to see:

Given: two fields of soybeans, both up for contracts from minute one.

Field A: I cultivate, seed, fertilize, spray, fertilize again. Result - yield all in green and a surplus way over 30%. I'm golden, although I shouldn't be! Remember, soybeans don't need nitrogen in PF.

Field B: same stuff bar fertilization - yield universally at 65%, can't complete, pay out 36 grand to keep what little I have, total worth of 28 grand best price. Remember, fertilization is not required for the crop!

As a bonus: because you have not sampled the soil in your neighbor's field, the yield screen shows it as one type all the way across. So, save, do a start, see the yield indication and A) carry on, or, indeed, B) load your save prior to accepting the contract. That's my workaround for now, until, hopefully, GIANTS fix this, since it's an official dlc, after all.

That above on top of the missing transport missions on Erlengrat takes away a huge scoop of fun playing this stunning map for me.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Using PF, I started a new save on the Felsbrunn map. Since most of the work I do is contract work, this was a test to see if this is the case. So far, the harvesting contracts I have done so far have been completed in full. I do have to wonder if the excess crop at the end of the contract is effected. The only thing is that the harvesting contracts have been done on reasonably big fields so the next harvesting contract will have to be done on a small field to see if I can get this issue.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

xlisa1986x wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:56 pm I was doing a sugar beet contract yesterday and noticed the percentage when transferred to the sell point was at only 70 odd % when i had virtually finished the field and the whole thing was at 99%.. however once i started to harvest again it completed the contract.
Not sure if this is the same kind of issue you guys are having but thought I’d just mention it
I had this with a wheat contract before PF so I don’t think it’s a problem with PF.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Ah okay, least it’s not something thats just appeared. Thanks *thumbsup*
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Just did two cultivating and one harvest contract on erlengrat didn't notice any problems. All 3 contracts completed.

Edit: play on ps4 with no other game mods enabled so no precision farming, no seasons, no straw harvest
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am Just did two cultivating and one harvest contract on erlengrat didn't notice any problems. All 3 contracts completed.

Edit: play on ps4 with no other game mods enabled so no precision farming, no seasons, no straw harvest
I don't get it. The thread is on PF. You're reporting you have no problems with PF disabled?)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

soccerhate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am Just did two cultivating and one harvest contract on erlengrat didn't notice any problems. All 3 contracts completed.

I don't get it. The thread is on PF. You're reporting you have no problems with PF disabled?)

Um, I boo boo'd :lol: I meant to say I had PF turned on but nothing else like that, but I was still wrong. I did not have PF enabled so ignore the idiocy, or just make fun of me for it. It's cool.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs