Help with my PF spreadsheet

ATwoTonWooki

Re: Help with my PF spreadsheet

Post by ATwoTonWooki »

The xml file shows all this information for you. Including reductions for over/under nitrogen. Just have to read the file and move numbers to your sheet.
krateros

Post by krateros »

Does barley really leaves so much nitrogen after harvest irl? 160kg/ha isn't it a little unrealistic?
If you seed wheat after it you only need 40kg/ha to reach the optimum levels of nitrogen?
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

ATwoTonWooki wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:11 am The xml file shows all this information for you. Including reductions for over/under nitrogen. Just have to read the file and move numbers to your sheet.
That doesn't help individuals on console...
krateros

Post by krateros »

If it interest you i can confirm the followings:

- Clover 80 kgN/ha on Loam // 60 kgN/ha on Sandy Loam
- Alfalfa 60 kgN/ha on Loam // 40 kgN/ha on Sandy Loam // 40 kgN/ha on Silty Clay
- Fieldgrass 200 kgN/ha on Loam // 180 kgN on Sandy Loam
Fa18man

Post by Fa18man »

Also worth noting, in the XML file, soy and sugar beets are not affected by over fertilizing
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Wow, there is some really good information here about PF and it answers a lot of questions I had. Thanks for all your hard work everyone.

I've been trying to figure out if there is a good crop rotation or not with PF, now I have my answer. And your spreadsheet will definitely help me a lot. No more sowing soybeans after barley... I've been wasting nitrogen.

I wish Giants had give a little more info, info like this, when they released the add-on.

Sorry to necro a dead post but I've been looking for this info for a while.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

I’m just getting into pf now. Wish I had done it earlier. I’m finding that the values from the mod’s xml are not accurate. Example: if you max out wheat on loam (200 N), it will drop to 60, not 20. Each crop reduces the nitrogen a certain amount. So wheat, for example, uses 140 on loam. Soybeans is nitrogen neutral, so you’re not wasting any nitrogen when you plant soybeans. Whatever was there when you planted will be there after harvest.

Also, I did some tests, and the crop rotation values from seasons still apply. The plus or minus values in the PF menu only indicate how the PF mod changes the yield. You can have a very poor rotation that decreases your yield, but the PF menu might still say +125.

I’m still trying a few more things.
There’s no place like utopia.