PF & Grass

DMZ Commander

PF & Grass

Post by DMZ Commander »

I just want to confirm that plowed status and weeds are not a thing with grass fields when the PF DLC is on
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Drmattymd

Re: PF & Grass

Post by Drmattymd »

Are you confirming or asking for confirmation?
Playing on PC and PS4
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:06 am Are you confirming or asking for confirmation?
Asking
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Sorry, doesn't answer your question, but you called it PF and grass, so here's a weird thing that's happened to my grass meadow on Erlengrat yesterday:

I had pH and Nitrogen on perfect on it, had a massive yield. It then required fertilization, which is all good - brought it back to perfect again (auto-application, no over-fertilization). pH was in good, so I left it there, and to my astonishment the second cut delivered 65%, uniformly across three different soil types. pH is still sitting on good afterwards, and - even more surprising - nitrogen remains in perfect post cut.

Again, I don't know, maybe that's how it's intended, but the yield uniformity throws me off a bit.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Was the grass fully grown when the second cut made? It can be cut earlier for less yield. Approximately the numbers you were describing.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

jah6575 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:03 am Was the grass fully grown when the second cut made? It can be cut earlier for less yield. Approximately the numbers you were describing.
Fully grown both cuts, yes. Doing the third cut later today, so keep you posted.
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

soccerhate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:31 am Sorry, doesn't answer your question, but you called it PF and grass, so here's a weird thing that's happened to my grass meadow on Erlengrat yesterday:

I had pH and Nitrogen on perfect on it, had a massive yield. It then required fertilization, which is all good - brought it back to perfect again (auto-application, no over-fertilization). pH was in good, so I left it there, and to my astonishment the second cut delivered 65%, uniformly across three different soil types. pH is still sitting on good afterwards, and - even more surprising - nitrogen remains in perfect post cut.

Again, I don't know, maybe that's how it's intended, but the yield uniformity throws me off a bit.
This just happened to me as well. Hollandscheveld map with seasons. 2nd cut in the same year.

A bug in PF?
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

ED209v2 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:04 am
soccerhate wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:31 am Sorry, doesn't answer your question, but you called it PF and grass, so here's a weird thing that's happened to my grass meadow on Erlengrat yesterday:

This just happened to me as well. Hollandscheveld map with seasons. 2nd cut in the same year.

A bug in PF?
In all honesty, and I did voice it in the thread on the contract system and PF, the real issue is that PF changed the way you work your fields with crops, but the base game set of rules was not changed in the slightest, and so now we have conflicting instructions from soil masks and the base game core. Cross your fingers, hope for the best, wait for a fix...
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

ED209v2 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:04 am

A bug in PF?
This has happened to me as well. All of the fields I own now do not loose nitrogen. I’ve uninstalled until the fix since it’s a game breaker. I can’t wait until they fix it though because until that point I was enjoying it.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Grass shouldn't be using nitrogen. That's why farmers will use grass to rotate crops as well. Grim, it depends what you are planting. Have you tried corn?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:07 pm Grass shouldn't be using nitrogen. That's why farmers will use grass to rotate crops as well. Grim, it depends what you are planting. Have you tried corn?
I haven’t yet. I Prepped the field before planting grass by blasting it to max nitrogen with manure. I planted grass and cut it. The nitrogen didn’t decrease. I let it grow and cut it again, and again the nitrogen didn’t decrease. I removed the grass and planted wheat, harvested it, and still the nitrogen didn’t decrease. I gave up after that. I did plant Soy on my other field and I’m betting that’s what messed it up. It seems Soy might be causing issues. 🤷🏻‍♂️
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Illinois Farmer

Soybeans, wheat, grass, etc don't need nitrogen to grow. If you really want your nitrogen gone plant corn. Grass and Soybeans acutely sound be restoring nutrients to the ground.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:54 pm Soybeans, wheat, grass, etc don't need nitrogen to grow. If you really want your nitrogen gone plant corn. Grass and Soybeans acutely sound be restoring nutrients to the ground.
That's what I am doing on my PF rotation test today, and with soy it's all pretty straightforward. However, the jury's still out on my meadows. Again, they did take and reduce Ni the first cut. So, I'll play around some more.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah it probably does use a little nitrogen. I don't grow straight grass expect in the yard haha. I was thinking of grass as alfalfa because that's what we grow.
"Nitrogen (N) fertilizer is generally not required for alfalfa production since alfalfa can obtain its own N from N-fixing nodules (Figure 1). Alfalfa fixes most (70-90%) of its N needs from the air through Rhizobium bacteria residing in alfalfa root nodules"
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Okay, sad things to report: the two meadows are proper broken.

Even before I cut anything, the entire area of the meadow showed in the minimap yield screen as uniformly red (65%). As I was cutting it, literally nothing changed - it remained uniformly 65%, irrespective of the soil type. Post cut it is still stuck, showing nitrogen perfect and pH good.

So, there you go.