Calling all math geeks

redglasses

Calling all math geeks

Post by redglasses »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I ran an experiment yesterday to determine the conversion rate for mineral fertilizer between kg and l, and was wondering if someone could check over my math to make sure it's all correct. I'm a little rusty as I haven't been in a math class for the last couple months, so if you do find something wrong please let me know *thumbsup*
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Illinois Farmer

Re: Calling all math geeks

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Your x value is backwards according to your work. You should have divided that 30 by 213 instead of 213 by 30. You did the same on the y value.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

The only thing I'm noticing is that you changed the product being measured in your equation. It states that 30.8kg of Nitrogen was added by 6.92L of fertilizer, so by my understanding of your work what you actually proved was that 6.92L=1kg of nitrogen/ha, not the actual weight of the fertilizer itself. Unless I'm missing something?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FSarndrone

Re: Calling all calculators

Post by FSarndrone »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:09 pm Your x value is backwards according to your work. You should have divided that 30 by 213 instead of 213 by 30. You did the same on the y value.
Thats exactly what I was thinking would happen :lol: Just a silly little error, fixed.
My Discord
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:15 pm It states that 30.8kg of Nitrogen was added by 6.92L of fertilizer
30.8 kg of nitrogen was added by 213l of fertilizer.
Bryan83 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:15 pm so by my understanding of your work what you actually proved was that 6.92L=1kg of nitrogen/ha, not the actual weight of the fertilizer itself.
Yes this is exactly correct, lets say you wanted to raise the nitrogen level of a 1ha field by 1kg/ha it would take 6.92L of fertilizer.
My Discord
oliss

Post by oliss »

Thanks for post
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

My head hurts. 😂🤯🤔
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Yeah math usually gives you a headache!! I know people like to get into the maths on the game which can be interesting. I just fill the spreader and drive up and down the field. I know irl a farmer would calculate out how many kg of fertilizer he would require on his field in order to get the best yield possible and to calculate costs etc. Number crunching is not my thing. Takes me all my to calculate my living expenses every month!!