Animal Dealer work around?

NateS

Animal Dealer work around?

Post by NateS »

Looking for ideas for purchasing animals from the dealer since the PF mod broke it.

Would it work to load the map without PF, buy my animals, save, and reload with PF? Would all my PF data remain as I had it?

Maybe it's better to just get rid of PF until it works as intended?

It's frustrating that Giants releases these things without proper testing. Things like buying an animal or a harvest contract should easily be caught before release!

I do love the idea of the PF mod, and I get that it's FREE... I just wish it worked properly 😪
PC & PS4
Noraf

Re: Animal Dealer work around?

Post by Noraf »

Playing with seasons?
If so, update seasons.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

No problem with buying from the animal dealer but not completed a harvesting contract yet without having to cheat the amount of grain harvested from the field to complete the contract. Think the PF mod is brilliant and looking forward to future additions.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Noraf wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:53 pm Playing with seasons?
If so, update seasons.
With seasons, without seasons. Neither works. Even tried with PF as the ONLY mod
PC & PS4
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Noraf wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:53 pm Playing with seasons?
If so, update seasons.
it wasn't updated for console as there was no update in the mod hub in game so seems it was only done for pc inless Giants messed up or something as console is still 1.3.0 and it shows on here as 1.3.1
aklein

Post by aklein »

If you take PF out and then save all the PF items in the save will probably vanish so adding it back in will/could reset your PF field samples and the pH and Nitrogen levels I would only do this if you could safely test this and restore a backup of the save if that is even possible on console.

Can you not just buy animals from the pen and take the hit on the money? or slap in one of the various money making mods to compensate back the transport fees?
NateS

Post by NateS »

aklein wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:16 pm If you take PF out and then save all the PF items in the save will probably vanish so adding it back in will/could reset your PF field samples and the pH and Nitrogen levels I would only do this if you could safely test this and restore a backup of the save if that is even possible on console.

Can you not just buy animals from the pen and take the hit on the money? or slap in one of the various money making mods to compensate back the transport fees?
Yeah. I think my work around for now is to keep track of my transport fees and fudge the money back in with government subsidies. Hopefully they fix it after Christmas break!

One question though... is it considered an issue with seasons, or PF? Does Realismus have to find a fix, or Giants?
PC & PS4
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, the update to seasons for PC was for fixing that problem, so I'd hazard a guess that it'll be Realismus

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:30 pm Well, the update to seasons for PC was for fixing that problem, so I'd hazard a guess that it'll be Realismus
but the not being able to buy animals from the animal dealer is also on console and seasons didn't get updated to 1.3.1 console is still 1.3.0 as i remember a post about this issue from someone who play's on ps4.

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=174222
aklein

Post by aklein »

Yep its a season issue it was broken in 1.3.0 likely when they did some work affecting animals in trailers. I don't know why the fix was not sent to consoles unless its one of those things that since its a script it requires a game patch vs a mod update.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Or that it haven't passed testing yet?
Could be that simple

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to