Precision Farming Mod Bug

Smokayman

Precision Farming Mod Bug

Post by Smokayman »

I've had a consistent recurring issue with this mod and haven't been able to find another topic on it or a solution. Basically the mod works great until I plant soybeans. At this point, the PH and Nitrogen stay locked and no longer decrease (but will still rise until maxed out). Additionally, yield remains locked at 65% regardless of perfect crop balance. At first I thought it was a mod issue, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It worked fine again until I planted soybeans and the same issue occured. This is potentially game breaking since my yield is always locked at 65% no matter how perfect the crop is. Thoughts?
NateS

Re: Precision Farming Mod Bug

Post by NateS »

I've come to the realization that we need to play without this mod till it is fixed some time in January. The concept is an awsome addition to the game but it just doesn't work as it should yet.
PC & PS4
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I am not 100% sure, but I think that the precision mod is also corrupting the "Follow Me" mod from working as well, It will still work if you are following a tractor, but if you try following a tractor that is pulling something like a seeder the following tractor looses the path and stops following. After removing the Precision Farming mod it worked fine.
I did all this on the Wyther Farm map. Also, the stump grinders no longer remove stumps.
Has anyone ells have this happen to them on other maps?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I have also wierd bug with Precision Farming and Courseplay and Realistic seeder.
If i use Courseplay with seeder which accept fertilizer and seeds and if i deactivate fertilizer in CP options, CP worker will still fertilize field to the perfect level even if i had deactivated fertilizer in options...also it wont spend any fertilizer, but will continue to fertilize.
Then, the best part, once the harvest come and you finish harvesting, pH and nitrogen level wont decrease at all, they will stay at same level.
The only fix was to sell and buy field again because it will reset whole bug.
Another workaround is, activate fertilizer in CP options...because if you deactivate it, your fields will be bugged.
This all works perfect if i remove mod Realistic Seeder...then even if i deactivate fertilizer in CP options, it will work without any issue...so the conflict is between these 3 mods PF , CP and Realistic seeder.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the auto spreader on Precision Farming.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Smokayman wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:30 pm I've had a consistent recurring issue with this mod and haven't been able to find another topic on it or a solution. Basically the mod works great until I plant soybeans. At this point, the PH and Nitrogen stay locked and no longer decrease (but will still rise until maxed out). Additionally, yield remains locked at 65% regardless of perfect crop balance. At first I thought it was a mod issue, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it. It worked fine again until I planted soybeans and the same issue occured. This is potentially game breaking since my yield is always locked at 65% no matter how perfect the crop is. Thoughts?
Soybeans add nitrogen to the soil irl. Don't need any to grow. Not sure on your yield part. Could be bad soil.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Don't forget that you have a field planer that will tell you which crops to rotate your field with for best results, that is because, like Illinois Farmer said "Soybeans add nitrogen to the soil irl." All these scripts will throw a big spanner in the works, in one way or another as we don't know what all these scripts are adding or taking away.
With every new mod added things are getting worse, we have come to the stage where there are too many cooks spoiling the broth.
Smokayman

Post by Smokayman »

So after some hours of testing different scenarios, I've come to the conclusion that Seeder/Cultivator combinations like the Condor 15001 and similar implements will cause my pH to freeze at whatever their current level is and reduce the next yield to 65% regardless of what crop is planted next. This primarily occurs when soybeans are planted but also occurs with the other crops. When using a straight planter like the Horsche Maestro with no other planting functions, this does not occur and the PF mod works as intended. I hope someone at Giants can look at this.
Ripgiants

Post by Ripgiants »

Im also locked at 65% yield after planting soybeans i have plowed etc harvested corn but my ph etc is still at max with no way to reduce it back down. I will try just a basic planter to see if this fixes the yield issue, I hope we will get a update soon to fix this great mod otherwise
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Hi. Whenever I get this glitch, I go to yield screen and clear yield data - not L3 to reset, mind you! - rather press right on your d-pad, and that works for me.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

I've also noticed that Precision Farming does not display field info correctly when using the Unit Conversion mod.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Batchie70

Post by Batchie70 »

It also effects contract yield as well and you cant complete some contracts that involve harvesting
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

iB055 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:12 pm I've also noticed that Precision Farming does not display field info correctly when using the Unit Conversion mod.
What Unit Conversion mod are you speaking of, i don' t know of one being on Giants Modhub :hmm:
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It isn't. It is by thundr. Pc only.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

After starting a new save on the Ravenport map, I noticed I am unable to select the fields 24, 25, 26 individually which are on the same property. The entire property is highlighted with only field #24 information being shown. Is there a way to show the field information for #25 and #26 or is this a bug as well?