Cows on seasons 19

gilroy222

Cows on seasons 19

Post by gilroy222 »

I've read that cows will only use the best available feed so I am planning on going TMR. My question is, does their health go lower when using hay and/or grass?
NateS

Re: Cows on seasons 19

Post by NateS »

I don't believe their health is affected by feed type, but I know milk production is.

I wonder if growth rate for beef cattle is the same regardless of feed type?
PC & PS4
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

So feeding TMR would result in the most milk production? Grass the least?

Was curious what the point of the differences was because if there isn't any, then there would be no point in going through all the time of doing TMR.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

With seasons, what they eat affects milk production for dairy cows, and growth rate for beef cattle. With beef cattle, the sweet spot for selling them is once they reach maximum weight while still being as young as possible. So the quicker you fatten them up, the better. They gain weight quicker with the best food (TMR), and will never reach max weight without it.
PS4
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

TMR will raise the health higher than just hay, which in turn affects the milk production. Their health is what determines that, along with weight gain in beef cattle. So yes, TMR is the best to feed them. Unless you set your own custom feeding like I do lol.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense