Banning of popular Modders.

Thedebe48

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by Thedebe48 »

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:21 pm That's a ridiculous statement tbh, if someone stole from you would you be happy with them getting a warning?
If someone stole from me, I definitely would not be happy with them getting a warning. You know though that his situation is more complicated than that. Communication is lacking between Giants and their contributors.

If a few people stole something from me on a regular basis and I did nothing about it for months, I am giving them the impression that I am ok with it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

They didn't steal them from anywhere and took action when they were made aware of it. From what we know, they never gave permission for anyone to use their IP which is the issue at hand here. Whatever way you look at it, the modders are up the swanny without a paddle.

How lame is it to come out and say they made a mistake when they intentionally broke the ToS by cracking the DLC and then use parts of it for their mod to get more reviews and downloads. Completely out of order and yes I agree, the end user suffers but that should not be a reason for them to be unbanned.

Where is the incentive for other modders to not do the same thing, sure we just made a mistake?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:28 pm
Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:21 pm That's a ridiculous statement tbh, if someone stole from you would you be happy with them getting a warning?
If someone stole from me, I definitely would not be happy with them getting a warning. You know though that his situation is more complicated than that. Communication is lacking between Giants and their contributors.

If a few people stole something from me on a regular basis and I did nothing about it for months, I am giving them the impression that I am ok with it.
Yes I would agree with you if you knew about it, there is nothing to say Giants knew about it. Yes they test the mods but generally they are not broken down and every part referenced. This only happens when someone makes a complaint about stolen parts, which I'm almost certain, is what happened here.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

By reading them, I think someone got jealous and told giants, and some of these have be known to steal from other modders
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

I agree with majority of your statement, Guil. And shedding some light on the testing process is helpful. It is just really unfortunate that the users have to pay the price like this. For that reason, and for future installments of the game, I really hope this gets resolved in a reasonable way that doesn't end with some of the best modders of American equipment being banned from the modhub.
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

If the DLCs were cracked months ago how come there are no vehicles from them splattered all over the shady modsites? Why someone went in to specifically take just a relatively small feature of the Class DLC?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I agree with Guil on all his posts. He's right. The sad part is that it's the console players that have to pay the price. Also with that said, this could be the nail in the coffin for American Console players. And it's a shame.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I have seen posts on facebook with people that have the Claas DLC Lexion 8900 that was modified, either taking off warning signs or making it yellow like the old ones
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Thedebe48 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:23 pm
Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:15 pm Like it or loathe it but Giants should sue them.
Um, Giants tested the mods and published them on their own site... How do you think that lawsuit would go over?
Exactly
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Sorry for my ignorance here and many others, but one how is Giants sure it even their 3d tracks or is it 3D tracks in general?
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

If i remeber correctly, i seen a post in a modding group and 3D tracks have a couole ways of being created. They can either rip them from the DLC, use the DLC track but nor rip them from it by setting the tracks up via XML, and 3rd, model their own 3D track and put it on. Good example of that last on is the diamond tread looking option on Siids 8 RX. Also its not a problem to edit the DLC equpment, the problem is the distrubutuon of it hence why edits of the Lexion 8900 and 9RX are almost 100% private and for personal use only.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

dziuch wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:43 pm If the DLCs were cracked months ago how come there are no vehicles from them splattered all over the shady modsites? Why someone went in to specifically take just a relatively small feature of the Class DLC?
There’s a cracked cotton harvester that someone put tracks on, bunch of claas combines, and a **** load of 3d tracks appearing after claas dlc and even some now being deleted public posts of people looking for cracked parts from bourgault. All these were on upstanding safe pages to download from even and not the shady virus sites. It’s pretty widely known public knowledge by now and I do believe NEFG that he didn’t know, but that’s only because the stuff has made the rounds so many times I don’t think anyone knew what was what anymore or where it came from. Hell there was even talk of doxing a tester some modders didn’t like. It’s the age old problem criminals tend to be stupid and bring attention to themselves and that’s usually what gets them caught. I will add that I don’t believe in coincidences and they banned them now for a reason and it’s slightly bothersome and seems a little cowardly to do it when there is no way for any kind of rebuttal.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Custom modding is banned now too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
dziuch

Post by dziuch »

Mwal wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:08 pm There’s a cracked cotton harvester that someone put tracks on, bunch of claas combines, and a **** load of 3d tracks appearing after claas dlc and even some now being deleted public posts of people looking for cracked parts from bourgault. All these were on upstanding safe pages to download from even and not the shady virus sites. It’s pretty widely known public knowledge by now and I do believe NEFG that he didn’t know, but that’s only because the stuff has made the rounds so many times I don’t think anyone knew what was what anymore or where it came from. Hell there was even talk of doxing a tester some modders didn’t like. It’s the age old problem criminals tend to be stupid and bring attention to themselves and that’s usually what gets them caught. I will add that I don’t believe in coincidences and they banned them now for a reason and it’s slightly bothersome and seems a little cowardly to do it when there is no way for any kind of rebuttal.
Well, I didn't know anything about it, but if it's as pretty widely known as you say, then the timing is even worse for Giants. This should be dealt with months ago, and not when (conveniently) everyone is on a break.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Well this is a dumpster fire. Look the modders did not know that these tracks were pirated they are not criminals for crying out loud. NEFG had his mod on modhub for months and it was only reasonable they thought this is ok and the tracks are not stolen. The modders made a mistake surely but it was not intentional im sure of it. I hope this gets resolved soon.