Banning of popular Modders.

vondeylenfarms

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by vondeylenfarms » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:39 pm

JHHG was banned and brought back because he was able to prove otherwise. At least that's what I was told by him. Long story short here...if it's perma ban, I'm out of here on the franchise because I'm a console players and losing big. If it's temporary or something the modders will work with them on then I'll wait and see. Reading facebook pages, it looks like some modders are just plain done and not even gonna try which is upsetting
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS4
Welker Farms 475hrs counting
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm

And as I already said this problem could have easily been rectified had Giants released some 3D Track Pre-Fabs on the ModHub for Mod Authors to then be able to use in their own works. Would it have killed or hurt Giants in anyway to release some more of this type of content to the modding community, thus removing the need for any modder or group to go looking inside DLC files, to get some of the newer better models and assets to use in their mods?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*

Noraf

Post by Noraf » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:48 pm

Then the modders really should have better control of what materials they are using.

If they don't have full control of it's heritage, how can they give the credits needed anyway?

I'm sorry, but if you're making mods for any game that you are making public, ie share with anyone, you need to be absolutely sure that what you have made is ok to release.
That's just plane common sense I thought.

And, I'm sure there are some talented modders out there that can make 3d tracks aswell, that could be released on the hub as a prefab.

And to the speaker above. Merry Christmas to you too.
Hope you get anger management classes from Santa.
:hi:
Stop in and check out the FS community traiding forum
For all your dynamic sales and roleplaying needs @ FS Comunity Trader
:gamer:

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...

Ritchie

Post by Ritchie » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:51 pm

What is wrong with people, some of you have completely lost your minds over this nonsense. Seriously need to have a word with yourselves :confusednew:

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:53 pm

I guess there will be less mods in the new year that we really wanted, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

I'll be honest, why are people getting worked up over it. I know it's a big deal about stolen models, good modders being lost and what not, but it's not worth getting angry about it, especially on Christmas. I know that some highly anticipated mods were from these modders, and that their return may not happen, but as Ritchie says, we all need to think about what we're saying. It's not worth getting all red faced over it, or it's not now anyway.
I'll just say I'm from Australia :hi:
Let's say thanks to all modders for the mods that they create. *thumbsup*
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion
If it ain't blue and white, it just ain't right

ATwoTonWooki

Post by ATwoTonWooki » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:27 am

Guil wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:21 pm
That's a ridiculous statement tbh, if someone stole from you would you be happy with them getting a warning?
They stole from you, used it to make something, brought it back to you, you inspected it and approved it, people used it, then you get mad?

punchi

Post by punchi » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:32 am

When i see those flags, i know Giants hit the right persons lol

Mejjan

Post by Mejjan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:44 am

I dont understand, why did giants drop this big bomb, one day before a big holiday?

Im Sry giants but if you cant handle this better i aint going to buy more games from you.

I dont really care or dosent know hos fall it is.

But you are still tho a big company not a playground in the garden..

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:47 am

Noraf wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:48 pm
If they don't have full control of it's heritage, how can they give the credits needed anyway?
This only works to a certain point. For example, and I'm making up mames here,

Adam cracks the DLC and uses stolen bits. Bob sees these and asks Adam where he got them and can he use them to make another mod. Adam says he made it himself and tells Bob to go ahead. Bob shares the bits with Chuck. Then Doug asks Chuck to use the bits and now Chuck says that he got them from Bob and has no idea they were originally from Adam, who swiped them from a DLC.

Point I'm trying to make here is that people only know what they're told and can't always trace sources back 5 or 6 generations. That's why I think a little benefit of the doubt is warranted in this case.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. Mention this ad for 10% off your first purchase from me.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:50 am

Hmmmm, this is turning into a much bigger thread than I originally thought it would.

I think Giants will contribute to this arguement when they come back. Isn't there supposed to be moderators here, or do they stop when giants does?

DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:02 am

The community could rise up against giants and force their hand to lift the ban. Happened with GTA5 when taketwo interactive sent a cease and desist letter to OpenIV shutting them down for a hot minute. Then everyone bugged out and the letter was rescinded.....just figure I'd throw that fuel on this free burning fire :lol: :lol:
I'm on PC - the superior platform

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:42 am

ATwoTonWooki wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:27 am
Guil wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:21 pm
That's a ridiculous statement tbh, if someone stole from you would you be happy with them getting a warning?
They stole from you, used it to make something, brought it back to you, you inspected it and approved it, people used it, then you get mad?
I actually like where you are going here. The modders made something that helps to make the game better to help sell it more. The modders even went through the official ModHub. If you knowingly stole from someone, would you bring it back to them?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Griffin Indiana, 50+ hours and counting AJFarmer is awesome!!!!
Marwell Manor Farm, 520+ hours - Retired...
Osina 600+ hours - Retired...

Mwal

Post by Mwal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:08 am

Yeahrightio wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:50 am
Hmmmm, this is turning into a much bigger thread than I originally thought it would.

I think Giants will contribute to this arguement when they come back. Isn't there supposed to be moderators here, or do they stop when giants does?
Meh when they come back they will lock it, probably delete it because it’s a bunch of stuff they don’t like to hear. Which it is their forum so whatever. As far as moderators go some mystery thing happened with guil that he sometimes alludes to and then he wasn’t a moderator anymore and since then no one has been around much, donapple is occasionally here but I think he does more than just English and alagos was for a little bit but then he vanished. So basically we’re on our own till Chris comes back hahahahahahahahahahahahaha this place is gonna melt before then.

TZ441

Post by TZ441 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:12 am

Asking an honest quetion here, but do any of you european players know of any european modders banned too? Cause right now it seems its really focused to modders that make American equipment.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:13 am

Yes it looks that way. I see jaytav here sometimes, or Alagos, but they aren't anywhere. Anyway, I'll stop talking so it doesn't get locked. 👍