Banning of popular Modders.

TZ441

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by TZ441 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:13 am Yes it looks that way. I see jaytav here sometimes, or Alagos, but they aren't anywhere. Anyway, I'll stop talking so it doesn't get locked. 👍
Yeah can we calm ourselves a little bit so the thread doesnt get locked as soon as its seen please. Lets keep this civil and our points solid. Trust me, im very upset with the way this was handled but screaming like 2 year olds wont help. Lets keep this civil and get giants to realize how massive of a mistake this is and how much it will affect them. #AmericanModsMatter
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

TZ441 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:19 am
Yeahrightio wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:13 am Yes it looks that way. I see jaytav here sometimes, or Alagos, but they aren't anywhere. Anyway, I'll stop talking so it doesn't get locked. 👍
Yeah can we calm ourselves a little bit so the thread doesnt get locked as soon as its seen please. Lets keep this civil and our points solid. Trust me, im very upset with the way this was handled but screaming like 2 year olds wont help. Lets keep this civil and get giants to realize how massive of a mistake this is and how much it will affect them. #AmericanModsMatter
I'll have to start talking for a second, but this is very true. Complaining about it by cursing and yelling will not help. By taking it slow, we can have a constructive debate with giants about this.

Now I'll stop. 👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I suggest you get with the modders that have been banned and actually discuss what the issue is. Everywhere i go i am seeing a huge backlash from players. Remember it is the modders that bring players to the FS table and modders who make YOUR game what it is.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Oh you’re good yeahrightio, you have been fine I’m just saying the title alone is enough to get it locked judging the past time things like this have come up. It just appears we are without oversight and the inmates are running the asylum whilst everyone is on vacation.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Oh ok, thankyou Mwal. I try to be behaved. Ha.

Anyway, Yeah your right, it is like how you described. It just seems strange, and like TZ441 asked, is it only American modders. It appears to be, no European or Brazilian ones have been hit yet, so it seems strange.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

When I checked the German forums, I didn't see anyone talking about this, nor on any of the German language Discord channels I follow.

It will be interesting to find out what is actually going on, if the story ever comes out. No matter the reasoning of why it was done, Giants didn't do themselves any favours with their timing, and poor communication.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:27 am
Farmercaseih wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:09 am This guy made some new flags...
https://www.facebook.com/CunninghamModd ... 8476281795
Best flags ever!
You might want to switch to PC just for them, they were released lol
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

One thing to keep in mind folks. From what I've seen from the modders involved, they aren't bashing Giants. Yes they are confused, stunned, disappointed, and even angry, but for the most part seem to have a "wait and see" attitude.... maybe we should do the same. This could all be the work of some peon trying to act like a hot shot while the actual shot callers are out on break
Playing on PC and PS4
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

They aren't bashing giants yet... And I stressed it yet. Because they have a response to Giants and they're probably waiting to hear back which obviously will take till January. This thread's going to be locked whether we complain or we don't complain... Everything in this they don't want to see they don't want to hear. The matter isn't even Giants have to realize the players are going to be upset by this obviously the players are probably more upset than the modders. The modders can keep making stuff for PC people obviously They can keep doing what they like to do... The players PC that like to use the mod hub or the consoles were the ones that are screwed no matter what
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
lawm

Post by lawm »

Modders not bashing Giants yet. But they have started cannibalizing lol

DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Lol I love 2020
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
FarmerNobby2008

Post by FarmerNobby2008 »

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:15 pm They stole parts, they should be banned and forever. Like it or loathe it but Giants should sue them. Maybe it will teach other wanna be fools from trying to rip off locked DLC. I left the mod team at giants on bad terms so believe me I have little to defend them for but this is the right course of action. Yes it was missed in testing but testers are only human and make mistakes, there is no way on earth the said modders mistakenly cracked protected DLC and used assets from it.
what the hell are you talking about, the 3D Tracks have existed in FS15 or was it in FS17 and were the idea of and made by a Modder ... Giants later took the idea and sold it as theirs ... so come again ... it has always been this way, Modders come up with these new ideas and put them in their mods and Giants in their laziness takes that idea of course without giving credits to the original Modders and sells it as a new feature in their new installment of Games. When it comes to new machinery with new features etc. Modders are light years ahead of Giants ... Precision Farming it's based off Soil Management Mod ... Giants will Fall if they keep doing this kind of **** sooner than later ... Giants owes it's reputation and huge success to all Modders that put their time and effort into new stuff that all you people are longing for ... yes it is true without Giants FS Game the Modders wouldn't be this successful either, but most of the success is due to the Modders ... you know everyone is replaceable, I am just saying ... there are other farming games out there that are just waiting to rise from the ashes ... Don't slap the hand that feeds you most of the new ideas ...
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I just want to point a couple things out:
-These modders were NOT banned on Christmas eve, they were banned monday/tuesday, depending on timezones and based on all the information shared by people. They kept it quiet and coördinated their FB posts to drop yesterday.
-These modders literally stole parts from Giants, if you steal a car you get in trouble too and it doesn't matter when they catch you. Besides, why use something you 'get from a friend' while you've got no clue where it came from?

People really need to start thinking about this in a logical way instead of as fanboys of modders.

Edit:
And as people mentioned, keep this civil. It's fine that people disagree with how things are being handled, but going around insulting people/Giants/whatever isn't the way to go about it.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
USAproudfarmer

Post by USAproudfarmer »

“If you steal and car you get in trouble too”🤔 is that the same as USEING a 120mb file to improve the gameplay with a mod that more people will download then the dlc? Because I can confidently say “no one bought this dlc for the 3D tracks”. This is not a attack on anyone but more of a question of why these guys got insta banned instead of asked or told not to use this model. I will leave you with this, as a 6th generation Idaho farmer, i was always happy to see all of these cool American mods that i get to use IRL but now I seem to be left with “euro” mods that are not only slightly congested in game machines but a very boring sight to see as a American. I hope that you guys can have irk out a deal that gives these great people a second chance.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

My quick take:

- Modders should not steal IP from Giants

- I don’t know what TOS they sign when they submit mods and I don’t know what infractions might’ve pre-meditated this decision by GIANTS

- Unless GIANTS knows for certain that these modders were KNOWINGLY using stolen IP, they should take down the offending mods and offer the modders a way back in, with an understanding that if it happens again there will be no more chances

- The fact that this seems to disproportionately affect American mods is a problem. No disrespect to my European (and beyond) brothers and sisters, but I live in America and want to RP American farms with American farm equipment. GIANTS has provided one American map, a few stock trucks, a few tractors and implements, and that’s basically it. They count on modders to fill in the gaps. Heck, they count on modders to offer versions of GIANTS made equipment that offer American specs, which it seems like should come with the base game. How hard would it be to have a US and EU version of every tractor? Do they owe me anything? No. But it’s definitely disheartening to see the biggest American modders get banned.

Again - do we know everything that preceded it? No. But unless they have proof of outright thievery from these specific modders, it seems like they’re sending a message. Well - message received.

Now I’m urging them to work with these modders to come to an understanding so we can all get back to enjoying the game. I, for one, had been feeling like there was a lot of juice left in it with all these ambitious mods coming down the pipe. Hopefully there’s a chance they’ll still arrive.