Banning of popular Modders.

Noraf

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by Noraf »

Yes.
Let's hope people won't go bananas if a modder uses something illegal and get punished for it.😉

Merry Christmas folks 🎅
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sad that things have gone like this, punishment doesn't stand for wrongdoing because too many people are self entitled
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Guil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:56 pm Sad that things have gone like this, punishment doesn't stand for wrongdoing because too many people are self entitled
This is a software company that has to provide customer service in order to continue their success.

No justice system is perfect. But that’s life. You’ve made your two comments now about how you think it’s ‘sad’. We heard you. Now let’s drop it.

Merry Christmas, Guil.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Far out brussel sprout, this thread exploded while I was sleeping. 😲

I'm guessing their mods probably won't return until January though, and with 2d tracks. At least it's been resolved, and that it only took a bit more than a day to do so once they were emailed.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 pm /snip To say these ones are good modders is insulting to the rest of us modders who don't go stealing other peoples stuff.
I think this is actually several topics being rolled up into one, with then a clear yes or no being demanded on that combined topic that is not so clear:

3rd parties stealing from each other; I think this is bad and while it is hard to prove, most of the time the community lines up behind the person who was stolen from.

Giants steals from 3rd party; well, that's part of the game due to the EULA, so while it *censored*, it's part of the deal for having mods out there for the game.

Giants components being used in 3rd party mods. This is a very grey area as there are tons of mods that use Giants IP, so Giants doesn't care about some of it's IP being used, even paid content. This means repurposing Giants content is not always against the rules. The field service trailer just got updated to support electric vehicles. I'd argue that mod should be in the same category as the ones in question on this thread because electric content is only available in paid DLC, so in order to figure out how to make it, one would have to use cracked content. Ultimately, this would all be cleared up if Giants said "these things in the DLC are off limits". Instead, we have an arbitrary system where some stuff is ok, while other stuff is a no-no. If Giants wanted 3D tracks to be off limits, the should have put that out there instead of allowing mods to be posted for months and then creating a mess with the modders and community before running off for the holidays.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It came to thier attention, so someone told them but who?
gogoci41

Post by gogoci41 »

Can someone explain to me what is difference between Basic game vehicles and vehicles from DLC?
Because I have paid for both.
Does I am anything stole from Giants because I have DLC?

Why is Basic game vehicles allowed to modified and published (with credits) and vehicles from DLC is not aloweed?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Dlc is locked
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 pm
What is worrying to me is your continual condoning of the actions by these modders and your motives seem to be purely "because we want there US style mods still."
How can you possibly reason that is a morally correct attitude.
I don’t usually like the personal attack thing but.... I have kept my mouth shut while you run around here claiming to be a moral compass for the forums for a few years now but reading this is laughable coming from the guy who took donations for a new pc because you couldn’t mod any more then quit modding after raising enough money and getting one. I believe the phrase the cool kids are using now is gtfoohwts
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Guil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:56 pm
Truth be told I was stupid and listened to another moderator complaining to me instead of Chris because they knew I would go to Chris. I was over zealous in trying to do the right thing and hey ho I got removed as a mod. That mod is still there as is the mod who was leaking info from the early DLC info mods get. Went so far as to use things written in different discord servers and say it happened in Giants even though roles etc were clearly different.

That's my story, €5.99 please :lol: :lol:
Thanks guil I was always curious what happened, one of those mysteries, ya know the ones you never figure you will find out the answer to.
gogoci41

Post by gogoci41 »

Yes I know that. DLC is locked.
But tell me what is difference between Basic game vehicles and DLC vehicles. Why you can modified vehicles from Basic game and from DLC not?
Someone say that modders have stole 3D tracks from Giants. How?
I have paid for both. Modders have also paid for DLC.

I dont see anywhere vehicles from DLC. (Banned) Modders want only 3D tracks to make mods more realistic. (with credits)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes, but unless the mod the modders made require the dlc for those parts to work, the players don't need the dlc, and thus the modder gives something that is supposed to be paid for away for free.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
elmike

Post by elmike »

Hi,
gogoci41 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:51 pm Yes I know that. DLC is locked.
But tell me what is difference between Basic game vehicles and DLC vehicles. Why you can modified vehicles from Basic game and from DLC not?
because you need the actual game to use the modified vehicles, from which they are.
While if they extract the vehicles from the DLCs, you'd not need to buy the DLC.
Clear now?

Elmike
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Basic game vehicles are open to be edited as freely as you'd like. Why? Because they are part of the base game that EVERYBODY has to pay for. DLC'S are locked because they are added to the game at additional cost. If they were not locked then Joe could buy the dlc and give all the mods to Bill, John, mark, etc.
Playing on PC and PS4
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Mwal wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:42 pm
BulletBill wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 pm
What is worrying to me is your continual condoning of the actions by these modders and your motives seem to be purely "because we want there US style mods still."
How can you possibly reason that is a morally correct attitude.
I don’t usually like the personal attack thing but.... I have kept my mouth shut while you run around here claiming to be a moral compass for the forums for a few years now but reading this is laughable coming from the guy who took donations for a new pc because you couldn’t mod any more then quit modding after raising enough money and getting one. I believe the phrase the cool kids are using now is gtfoohwts
:lol: Oh my word... really? This is your personal attack?

When have I ever claimed to be a moral compass? To that what is it to you if people want to donate to myself or any other modder?

What I do with said donations is up to me, that is by definition a donation. I haven't stopped modding once in the past 7 years. Just because I'm not modding for the latest version of Farm Sim doesn't mean I've stopped. I've released dozens of mods for Fs17 right up until just this last week.

But of course people donating to me is exactly the same as modders using illegal cracked DLC parts on there mods.

If your gonna do a personal attack at least make sense, your just making yourself look ridiculous with a post like that. *thumbsup*
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU