Banning of popular Modders.

TZ441

Banning of popular Modders.

Post by TZ441 »

Now im just providing the information that i have gathered and it seems that giants banned multiple modders from modhub and removed their mods ober 3D tracks. NEFG, Siid, are for sure banned, KarlFarms hasnt said anything but i imagine he is also due to his tractors having 3D tracks. A modder most likley on that list is any moddee that has 3D tracks that look like the ones on Giants 9RX. Now it is thier property and tbey have a right to do it but banning all these modders on christmas eve then shutting off cumunications till the new year isnt right. The people most hurt by this besides the modders are going to be console playees cause mods like the X9 wont be coming now and mods like the 2020 JD tractor pack, the STX quad will be removed if they havent been already. Now the reason of this post was to explain whats happned, how it will effect people and bring attention to how poorly this was handled on giants end. Make with this info what you will but hopefully this will bring attention and help both sides come to a resolution that doesnt involve players loosing mods and modders getting banned.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
MrSquealypig

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by MrSquealypig »

no
Guil

Post by Guil »

Well the modders have no one but themselves to blame and tbh it is the right decision. Bad enough that they all have mods behind a paywall on patreon but to upload a mod to Giants modhub and receive payment from giants for said mods using stolen parts from locked DLC is just taking the maggot.
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:51 pm Well the modders have no one but themselves to blame and tbh it is the right decision. Bad enough that they all have mods behind a paywall on patreon but to upload a mod to Giants modhub and receive payment from giants for said mods using stolen parts from locked DLC is just taking the maggot.
The banning for using parts that are DLC locked it fine. Its they way they went about it. For example the STX quad has been on modhub for months, it has had 3D tracks the entire time. Giants couldnt have seen that and testing and said remove them? Im saying there is fault on both sides and treating really pooular modders this way is not a good idea.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Giants are gonna do what they are gonna do, there is no point of arguing about it.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I have two questions, first why now? These mods with the 3d tracks have been out for awhile now, some for months. Second why did giants let these mods pass in the first place if they had stolen parts from the dlc?
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:51 pm Well the modders have no one but themselves to blame and tbh it is the right decision. Bad enough that they all have mods behind a paywall on patreon but to upload a mod to Giants modhub and receive payment from giants for said mods using stolen parts from locked DLC is just taking the maggot.
I know you are biased beacuse you were a moderator for giants before but please for once can we all look objectively at this situation. Modders made a mistek using 3d tracks and thats fine they admit that but is it realy fair to ban them on christmas without a warning. These guys are spedning their free time making this game great for all of us. The truth is and we all know it if their was not for high quality modders GIANTS would never ever ever suceed as a company the modding community is what keeps this game alive its certainly not high qualiy production coming from giants. Outside of farm sim community which is held together by mods this game is a joke and its well known fact. If you look at the review scores for fs19 you will find low scores beacuse reviewers reviewed the game looking at its base cores without mods. Without modder this game is dead and it would never come so far that major agri brands like jd are now interested to be in the game. Giants cannot behave like that they should have issued a warning this is childiish irresponsible and immature from them!
Guil

Post by Guil »

They stole parts, they should be banned and forever. Like it or loathe it but Giants should sue them. Maybe it will teach other wanna be fools from trying to rip off locked DLC. I left the mod team at giants on bad terms so believe me I have little to defend them for but this is the right course of action. Yes it was missed in testing but testers are only human and make mistakes, there is no way on earth the said modders mistakenly cracked protected DLC and used assets from it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

garyst wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:01 pm I have two questions, first why now? These mods with the 3d tracks have been out for awhile now, some for months. Second why did giants let these mods pass in the first place if they had stolen parts from the dlc?
I'm guessing someone reported it, funnily enough there is a cotton harvester that allegedly has parts from the JD cotton DLC too. The real kicker is the modder is an ambassador :lol:
garyst

Post by garyst »

I mean for giants to not notice these stolen parts during testing feels like they are equally responsible for this mistake. They should've just taken the hit on the chin and just warn these modders not to use the 3d tracks again, or at least let them submit an update to remove them, not ban the modders.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

TZ441 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:57 pm
The banning for using parts that are DLC locked it fine. Its they way they went about it. For example the STX quad has been on modhub for months, it has had 3D tracks the entire time. Giants couldnt have seen that and testing and said remove them? Im saying there is fault on both sides and treating really pooular modders this way is not a good idea.
Completely agree. They are hurting their own game by handling it this way... I understand that there is a pirating of content issue here, and that it needs to be taken seriously by the modders. However, I think that Giants tends to take for granted how much value these contributors add to Farming Simulator. For all of our sake, I hope this gets figured out in a way that it doesn't hurt the end users.
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's a ridiculous statement tbh, if someone stole from you would you be happy with them getting a warning?
garyst

Post by garyst »

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:17 pm
garyst wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:01 pm I have two questions, first why now? These mods with the 3d tracks have been out for awhile now, some for months. Second why did giants let these mods pass in the first place if they had stolen parts from the dlc?
I'm guessing someone reported it, funnily enough there is a cotton harvester that allegedly has parts from the JD cotton DLC too. The real kicker is the modder is an ambassador :lol:
well if they ban the Brazilian modders too I have no reason or nothing to look forward to anymore when it comes to mods and won't be playing this game anymore.
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:15 pm Like it or loathe it but Giants should sue them.
Um, Giants tested the mods and published them on their own site... How do you think that lawsuit would go over?